Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #1

Sierra 372LOK purchase??

We are looking for a new mid-bunk fifth wheel and are liking the Sierra 372LOK/Sandpiper floorplan and model.

For those that have this floorplan or similar bunkhouse model Sierra/Sandpiper would you make the same purchase today? After buying your unit did you regret you did not go with your second choice? We are also looking at the Columbus Compass 378MBC which is very close in comparison. What are your complaints or disappointments? We currently have a Keystone TT and I know to expect maintenance responsibilities etc but also am not looking to purchase a lemon brand.

I see comments on AC frustrations, are these people the minority or the majority? Are people happy with the cooling in their units with the dual AC units?

We are planning to use this full-timing in Florida for the next couple of years.

Thanks in advance for any feedback from current owners.
larryi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #2

To make things more confusing that floor plan is also available in the heritage glen and hemisphere lines. Im not a bunkhouse guy because I don't have kids but almost went with that floor plan because of the flexibility of that bunk room being an office/extra living space.

I was looking at the heritage glen/ hemisphere sierra/ sandpipers before deciding on my heritage glen 372rd.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #3

We have the rear Entertainment mid bunk, the 371 REBH, Don't regret the purchase in the least, we did have to get some things fixed under warranty, but I think that is pretty much common for any brand anymore. We have dual air on the unit, in the summer here in Arkansas (temps are much like central florida, we lived there for 5 years, and in the Mississippi River Delta here we have high humidity also) we have to leave the bedroom doors open and se the air in the bedroom down to the low 60s to keep it running or the main part of the coach heats up to low 80s during the day. But with doors open temp stays around 72 in the coach and is very comfortable. Out second choice unit was a front living Sierra and it is still our second choice with no regrets for not getting it.

2016 F350 4X4 CCDually Lariat with 6.7L and 3.73 gears
2016 Sierra 371 REBH
2015 Xpress H20PFC w/ Yamaha SHO 150
Days Camped: 2013-8 2014-16 2015-38 2016-86 2017-64, 2018-6 and counting
Gzrglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #4

We have a 2018 Sandpiper 372LOK that we purchased in June of last year. We did love it and we still love it. We have two daughters, ages 14 and 11 and they also love it. We full-time from May until September and we were at Gulf Shores for lots of the summer last year and we will be in the OBX this summer.

We also kept the doors open into the mid-bunk and kept the temp down low - 66 or so for our bedroom and it worked out really good.

We did experience a few things that we had to take it back to the dealer for some service, but ours has been in the shop much less than friends that had purchased another brand.

So, would we purchase it again?.....yes, we would.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #5

B sure you do an extensive inspect BEFORE u take delivery. Tell them u want to open up, soak it down, let sit overnight, Then inspect next day. Check ALL slide seal areas at the floor BEHIND the seals. Crawl under there and look. Check all floor areas at bottom of slide inside. Look at how slides are sealed when in to be sure top and bottom are even. Check anywhere you can get to on the corners of Rv to b sure dry.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sierra