Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #21

These things are awesome to read. I have a Sierra fifthwheel that I bought new (355QBQ). I have found a few blemishes but they were minor and hardly noticable. I have had interior doors, mirror framing and things start to separate or come apart. Just wanted to comment on this point. There needs to be some investigation as to why it happens. I have found that my camper is locked into a gooseneck hitch when I tow. It is solid and with the pounding and stress from that and the road, these things happen. Solution for me was that I bought a Cody cushion air cushion hitch. Small investment of $425 but great results. I have fixed the problems myself and have not had anymore problems. There are times when issues arise and like anything else they malfunction and you just need to grin and bear it and fix it.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
These things are awesome to read. I have a Sierra fifthwheel that I bought new (355QBQ). I have found a few blemishes but they were minor and hardly noticable. I have had interior doors, mirror framing and things start to separate or come apart. Just wanted to comment on this point. There needs to be some investigation as to why it happens. I have found that my camper is locked into a gooseneck hitch when I tow. It is solid and with the pounding and stress from that and the road, these things happen. Solution for me was that I bought a Cody cushion air cushion hitch. Small investment of $425 but great results. I have fixed the problems myself and have not had anymore problems. There are times when issues arise and like anything else they malfunction and you just need to grin and bear it and fix it.

Amen! Whole heartedly agree
Old 02-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #23

If you really want to know how Forest River feels about their products go to the FROG Rally in August, I did and I won't buy anything else. Just my 2 cents
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel