Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

Sierra and sandpiper owners

Just thought I would just share something we just noticed and found out about. In our closet on the drivers side the closet wall had separated approx. 1/2 inch. I spoke with scott at forest river warranty. He said they are aware of the issue and have a repair for it and due to the fact our RV is not more than 5 years old they will pay to fix it. according to lippert and forest river the frame flexes 1/2 inch each way for a total of one inch of flex and this is normal and anything not secured with screws long enough can separate depending on the abuse on the roads. The call it CLOSET FLEX. So check your closets.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:29 AM   #2
343Sierra

Hi there, Can you tell us exactly where it has separated? We have a dryer in our unit on the driver side of the closet. Thanks.
cjtromb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #3

left side of closet at shelf, but can happen anywhere. sorry pic is upside down
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #4

Hey, my buddy and I have the same trailer, 2016 sandpiper 371 rebh. I'm wondering if you had any updates on your issue or got it fixed?

Thanks!
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #5

Closet flex

Hey guys, they repaired it and FR paid for it. The replacement of all the trim was done pretty good but not to my standards so I had to do some fixing. As far as the separation, we will see. We are going out for the first time on Monday, so I am watching to see if it opens back up this trip.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #6

Ok thanks. So you know if they repaired it from the inside by removing the shelves in the front closet? Can you post some pictures of the finished repair?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #7

Yea it was done from the inside, thank God. It just looks like normal now, closed up. Look at the washer/dryer water hook up side to see what suppose to look like. I'll try to get a pic later. Busy getting ready to go out for a month of camp hosting now.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #8

Great thanks. Probably just going to fix it ourselves as it will be simpler then bringing it back to the dealer
Old 04-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #9

They did do some other support/strengthing also inside the wall. Just FYI. Not just fix the splits/openings.

Tags
sandpiper, sierra