Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #1

sleeper sofa

we have the 2012 365 saq with the sleeper sofa front and back with the blow-up mattres was wondering if anybody is having any trouble with this sofa our seems to be high at the foot of the bed about 3 to 4" kind of hard to sleep with your feet higher than your head all the blood rushes up to your head. have there been any recalls or a fix
rangerbob2926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Our new 12 Flagstaff has adjustable legs on both sides of the foot of the bed. Not had a problem, but just flipped it out last night and no one has slept on it yet. Will know how it sleeps this weekend when our son comes to the cg.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #3

ranger, the matress pump goes to the head of the bed. Ours has a designed pillow bump up at the head of the bed. Sister and BIL just spent 4 nights using the mattress and they said it was a good sleep. (maybe they were being polite?) We did use a down mattress pad so that helped.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #4

we had it set up correctly with the pump at the head i believe the problem is in the design of the u shaped leg at the foot of the pull out i just contacted the rv dealer he said it should not be that way & is going to contact forest river maybe there is a fix like replacing the legs to the adjustable legs mentioned in the post thanks for the replies
rangerbob2926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #5

I have the same problem with the sofa bed and regular mattress. Any suggestions
nolansgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #6

My 2005 Flagstaff had the fold out sofa with bouncy springs and thin foam mattress on top of the spring/frame. The head of the bed was way lower than the foot. So, I built a frame out of 2x4's and set the sofa on top of it. That raised the sofa 3 1/2". Next, I cut a 4x8 piece of 1/4" luan into strips about 48"x18". I used 4 of the strips to put long ways between the springs and foam mattress. That made it a bit more firm. When folding up the sofa I stack the the luan strips on top of each other and put them under the cushions.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote