Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #1

Slide out opening order? 355re

I am in the process of buying the 355re and was wondering the order of the slides going out? I am worried the dinette slide will open before all the rest are open as I will have the unit parked beside my house. This would be a deal breaker. We have to be able to load this up on the side of the house with the dinette slide closed and the rest open. Thanks, Adam

Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #2

with only 1 pump circuit they open from small to large most of the time and close the same way

Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #3

I'm not 100% sure on the 355 but on the 365 the sequence is closest to farthest from the pump bedroom front left then living/kit middle left then rear left bunk then right rear bunk last.
Hope that helps a little.
Marc
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #4

I had some concerns about this as well with our 365saq. I wanted to make sure I could get the 3 slideouts open on the drivers side and keep the other one closed so we could pull up on the street in front of the house and load. The street is wide anyway, and we're in the middle of a neighborhood, so we have very few cars that drive down, but I wanted to be courteous. I asked the dealer about installing something that would hold the side on that side back. He stated there's only one pump and they generally will slide out in the order of ease. He said the hydraulic pump will push the easiest one first which always seems to be our bedroom. Then one of two things happen. Either the super slide and the drivers side rear bunk will come out at the same time, or the superslide by itself and the rear bunks both side out together. This is a problem for me, because I don't want the one side open. Believe it or not, just a little pressure changes everything. If the slide I don't want to go out starts, I stop the switch, get my wife to hold it instead, and I go outside and lean against the slideout. Works everytime. I put just enough friction against it, that it pushes the other one and as long as my wife stops when I tell her to, we get the ones out we want and not the others. I hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #5

Thank you all for your replies. I picked that bad boy up yesterday and she is one big girl. Yes the bedroom goes first then the kitchen and both living room moves a couple of inches before the left goes full. Then the biggest, I'll call it the dinette slide, goes. This way if you have enough room for the stairs to be out you have enough slide room to open it enough to pack. The only downer I see in the slides is when they are all closed you can't get to the fridge. We stop on trips and grab a soda. On the upside the hydro slides move faster than the electric. Just a pain to pop them to grab a soda at a rest stop. At least you can use the toilet while they are all closed. Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #6

Just tried to hold the one in u don't want to open and it works great idea. Thanks for the input.
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #7

You can always put in a shutoff valve on the slide you don't want open, our wildcat opens the kitchen ,then the 2 slides on back. The kit closes first , our bedroom is electric

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote