Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #1

Slide troubles

I have a Sierra 360PDEK and I am having trouble putting the slides out and bringing them back in. I was wondering if there is a limit switch that cuts power to the pump. Do these switches ever go bad? I have lubed the tracks to the slides and it does not help.
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #2

There is a 50a circuit breaker in the main power wire between the batteries and the pump. The system runs between 55a-65a depending on battery charge and will cause the breaker to trip. They are self resetting on newer models. Napa auto parts carries them in 50a.
spaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #3

I have the same problem on my Riverstone. It's not the circuit breaker tripping. It's in the control module that is shutting down the pump. I have checked the voltage at the solenoid and power remains at the input from the battery. Mine drops out more often the colder it gets out. I am still looking for a cause.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #4

Thats odd. Our 343rsok does not have the lci command center. Our slide pump is driven by switch. The only control system is for the landing gear half of the system. It seems like I am working on one of these systems once or twice a month. I think I will be rewiring ours to the old recalled lci tip sheet. 4ga main wiring to the pump and an 80a breaker.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #5

Slide problems

If that works please post so I can try that on mine....
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #6

This will be my modification. This is what we normally do as people have added slide toppers, store things in the slides, or use their rigs in cooler temperatures. I will bump the wiring between the batteries and the pump to 4ga as they are on opposite sides of the trailer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Emailing 80 amp breaker lippert0058.pdf (51.9 KB, 61 views)

Tags
slide