Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #1

Slides Falling Out In Transit!

So I have a 2013 365SAQ. All the slides are adjusted correctly, according to the dealer. I am not leaking any fluid. That being said my dinette and bedroom slides starting drifting out while in transit today. Every 60 miles or so they would drift out about 4-6 inches and I would need to stop and pull the slides back in. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow, though I am 40 days outside of warranty. Any ideas? Only idea I have is a cylinder with a bad inner seal, but I have no idea how to figure out which one given the system in the 365SAQ. At this point I'm hoping Forest River or Lippert stand behind the trailer. Also hoping for a quick resolution. Anyone else experience this issue? Any ideas on how to fix?

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a link to the Lippert hydraulic slide manual...the issue you're talking about is covered on page 11... http://lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners...de-out-web.pdf

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #3

So I took the trailer into the dealer. They tested the system and determined I had a bad hydraulic cylinder on the main slide. Now the trailer was 40 days outside of warranty when I dropped it off. The dealer contacted FR and explained the situation. They refused to 'good will' the issue - which is laughable on a $50k unit in my opinion. Anyway, the dealer contacted Lippert directly. After reviewing the dealer's assessment they concurred that the cylinder was faulty and despite it being outside of warranty they agreed to replace the cylinder, but they only agreed to cover parts. The dealer then contacted FR again to update them on Lippert's position and asked FR to pick up the labor as 'good will', a suggestion FR declined.

So my trailer which is 13 months old and used maybe 60 nights is being fixed correctly, however, I am on the hook for the 2-3 hours of labor at the dealer. I have to say I expected a little more from FR especially on something as critical as the hydraulic system - little bit of a safety issue having slides open while in transit. After seeing all the comments on here about how FR tries to go the extra mile this is a bit of a let down.

I never had this problem with my Jayco Eagles (not the lites the actual Eagle). I did have some issues with the trailers, but Jayco always stood behind their product. Live and learn I guess, but a few hours labor seems like a small price to pay to maintain a satisfied consumer.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

wow

Dave_Monica,
What a quick, good response. I am impressed with the knowledge and glad members like you are on the forum. While I don't have any slide issues, it's good to know there's good help out there. Thanks.
Pete

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out