Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 PM   #1

Some issues with new 5th Wheel.

I have a brand new Sierra 372LOK. We love it. After paperwork was done i noticed some defects. The outdoor kitchen door needs replacement, they will take care of that and a gasket not set evenly on a window as well as scratches on the ladder, also being taken care of. The issues i dont know if they will take care of is there are some paint chips on windows etc, small but they act as if they are normal and the FR might not fix it. Also the floor is soft in two spots. Super concerned about this. The micro had a small dent, also like that fixed but Camping World will only do what FR will do. Other than kindness what is the best way to approach this? The people at Camping World are less than helpful and already have 1 person i wont deal with in service as a friend took 2 months to get his bad decals back and still not fixed.

We have not even camped yet, still get everything swapped over from our old TT. Forum is awesome. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Your only mistake was buying from Camping World.
Try contacting the Sierra division and see if another dealer will do the work.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #3

I have a similar situation and I documented all issues with photographs and provided it to Camping World. If they let me down, then I will ellivate the issues to Forest River. Many of the issues I have are workmanship and can easily be fixed.
hammer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #4

Just figured i would update. Took my camper in and service has been good. Issue is the dumb sales manager said he would submit pics he took so he could get ball rolling. Never did and now have to wait 4 weeks for parts. Service seemed surprised when i told them they could not keep camper and i was coming to pick it up. Hopefully after Memorial Day they can get everything corrected.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian372lok View Post
Just figured i would update. Took my camper in and service has been good. Issue is the dumb sales manager said he would submit pics he took so he could get ball rolling. Never did and now have to wait 4 weeks for parts. Service seemed surprised when i told them they could not keep camper and i was coming to pick it up. Hopefully after Memorial Day they can get everything corrected.
MAKE SURE THEY STILL HAVE YOUR PARTS ON ORDER. I was told at one place if I picked my camper up they cancel the part orders...
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #6

Let me tell you a secret. All they are concerned with is making the sale, once they have your name on the dotted line they own you.
Our camper along with 10 to 12 campers are all in a line waiting to get parts in. The camper sitting next to ours one of those pods type. The service department closed up in the slide out a can of lubricant and a tag. Needless to say the slide out was sticking way out on one corner. I make my first payment June 1 and it will still be on their lot.
Trishatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, wheel