Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

Too many problems for new camper!

Today the freezer or ice maker is losing A LOT of water. Going to cap it off for now. Sheet of ice down the back and bottom of freezer. We also have holding tank issues. Black tank has a slight leak or something and holding tank sensors cannot possibly be working. They never change from empty. The fresh water holding and battery are working. I'm about to freak out! This thing is 1 week old! My hubby is calling dealer on Monday. We have a seasonal campsite. Hopefully they can send someone to us for the work.
steph45601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #2

We also have the slight black tank valve leak and the gray tank sensors not registering. They aren't show stoppers, but still annoying for a new unit. Ours is 3 months old....
GateMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Believe me when I say that is relatively small potatoes. My sabre went back to the factory with a list of 40 unresolved issues. This was after we had to disassemble a bed to get to the slide mechanism when the slide actuator sheared away from the floor on our maiden voyage. We have sent the trailer back to the factory twice and the dealership countless times. A year later it is almost completely fixed. While it has been an extremely frustrating process, I can honestly say forest river and my dealership have both worked hard to keep me happy and keep me from losing my mind over this deal. My biggest piece of advice is to stay patient and nice. If the dealership is stalling and blaming FR, don't believe them. Call FR yourself and climb the chain if need be. As long as you stay nice and thankful but diligent in the process, you will be taken care of. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper