Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #1

Question Tucson, AZ in August?

I'm wondering if anyone has camped in Tucson, AZ in early August. Checked one campground asking if I needed reservations and he said "no, the park will be pretty much wide open." My Sierra has 2 A/C's but am wondering if even they will be enough to keep the inside somewhat comfortable and wondering if the Fridge will even be able to cool?
Tucson has very little tree cover so my RV would pretty much be out there baking in the sun. And then again, August is Monsoon season which would cool the temps a bit but they also sometimes have hail.

Does anyone has any knowledge to share concerning camping in 110 plus degree weather? Should I not even attempt?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS

Tuscon in the summer is not much fun when hot, never camped there but we would lean towards goimg up to the Flagsaff area.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Owner/Operator

But it's a dry heat.

Fifteen year Yuma resident before moving to Prescott.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulvey View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has camped in Tucson, AZ in early August. Checked one campground asking if I needed reservations and he said "no, the park will be pretty much wide open." My Sierra has 2 A/C's but am wondering if even they will be enough to keep the inside somewhat comfortable and wondering if the Fridge will even be able to cool?
Tucson has very little tree cover so my RV would pretty much be out there baking in the sun. And then again, August is Monsoon season which would cool the temps a bit but they also sometimes have hail.

Does anyone has any knowledge to share concerning camping in 110 plus degree weather? Should I not even attempt?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
We stayed at the Voyager RV park in Tucson last July enroute from Texas to California. A very nice park, but as you were told, it was almost wide open. We were also told about the Monsoon season in August, but we never experienced any of them while we were there.

The temperature was always high obviously, but between our two A/C's in our Silverback FW and the one in our TV, it was bearable.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #5

IMHO, that's why reservations are not needed...just too #$^&* hot!! Camped in Tucson last June and wished I was in Montana. Both A/C ran just about all the time.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
MC9

I just left our winter digs at the Green Valley RV Resort. I would recommend staying there. It is a little cooler than TC and the clubhouse is air conditioned and close.
MC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC9 View Post
I just left our winter digs at the Green Valley RV Resort. I would recommend staying there. It is a little cooler than TC and the clubhouse is air conditioned and close.
That looks nice, perhaps we will stop there for a while on the way to California.
1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 31Q

Tonk Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #8

The heat there is much like I have in west Texas. We are adding the 3rd A/C next week. Bearable temp is not good when you can add the 3rd A/C and be comfortable on 105 plus days.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote