Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #111

OK good to know

Old 04-18-2016, 08:22 AM   #112

Finally got her back! Hopefully we will be dry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1460982114394.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	105295  

Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEYFRIED View Post
Finally got her back! Hopefully we will be dry.
So, what was the final repair?
Old 04-19-2016, 06:01 AM   #114

They pulled the nose cone off and resealed the membrane, caulked all the marker lights and then reattached the nose cone with about 3 gallons of lap sealant. We will see. Of course it hasn't rained since I got it home.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #115

We may have finally gotten my leak fixed. I cleaned off all of the caulking that I had put on and also all of the factory caulking on the front cap. Then my son-in-law, who has a much steadier hand than me, caulked everything on the front cap with, Geocel 28100V Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV Flexible Sealant. This turned out great. I really think that this has fixed the problem. We have not had a good rain in about a month now so I have not been able to check it. But we are going to wash the camper tomorrow in preparation of our first camping trip of this year. I will check the cap after we get through with washing the camper.

Freddie & Linda
2015 Forest River Sierra 330RLS
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins Diesel
Days camped for 2016 - 46
Days Planned for 2017 - 128
Dakota EV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota EV View Post
We may have finally gotten my leak fixed. I cleaned off all of the caulking that I had put on and also all of the factory caulking on the front cap. Then my son-in-law, who has a much steadier hand than me, caulked everything on the front cap with, Geocel 28100V Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV Flexible Sealant. This turned out great. I really think that this has fixed the problem. We have not had a good rain in about a month now so I have not been able to check it. But we are going to wash the camper tomorrow in preparation of our first camping trip of this year. I will check the cap after we get through with washing the camper.

We went camping at Daddy Joe's in Tabor city, NC this weekend and was caught in a major rain storm yesterday. Checked the camper this morning while we were hooking up to go home and no signs of any leaks in the nose area. So hopefully we have finally got this problem solved.

Freddie & Linda
Old 05-03-2016, 12:41 AM   #117
I go RV'ing not Camping

phew what a relief that must be to get that licked....water leaks can ruin everyone's fun
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
phew what a relief that must be to get that licked....water leaks can ruin everyone's fun
You are right about that. We had even discussed trading the camper even though the wife and I really love this camper. But now we can keep it and start planning more trips instead of sitting at home because of the water leaks.

Freddie & Linda
Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 AM   #119

Well...I'd like to say that my problem is fixed but I'd be lying. Went out yesterday after a good day of rain and found the cap full of water again. I saw the work that my service center did and it looked good. I going to check my side marker lights today and try to get on the roof and check where the awning arms are attached. I'm really at a loss right now. FR is definitely getting another call soon.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEYFRIED View Post
Well...I'd like to say that my problem is fixed but I'd be lying. Went out yesterday after a good day of rain and found the cap full of water again. I saw the work that my service center did and it looked good. I going to check my side marker lights today and try to get on the roof and check where the awning arms are attached. I'm really at a loss right now. FR is definitely getting another call soon.
Just a word of warning, I had to redo all of the original caulking that the factory did on my sierra. I also used the EternaBond white roof tape and the self leveling caulking to seal the seam on the roof. But I believe that it was the caulking around the front seal that was allowing the water to get into my nose cone. I used two tubes of Geocel 28100v Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV flexible sealant to caulk both sides of the cap, marker lights and everything that I could see that looked like it might leak. I have learned, from this experience, to take nothing for granted when it comes to what the "Factory" is supposed to do. I really love our camper but I believe that Forest River is letting us down when it comes to really checking out their work on these campers.

Freddie & Linda

Tags
5th wheel, water, wheel