Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEYFRIED View Post
I just got off the phone with Scott Hunt from F.R. I explained my situation with the leak and he told me to email Jeff Johnson ( JJohnson@forestriverinc.com) I think he is in charge of warranties and aervjce. Maybe everyone who is still having this issue should send an email expressing their concerns. Good luck. I hope we are closer to a resolution with this.
Good luck getting him. I got him on the phone once and that was an accident I believe. No response to voicemail or email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra360PDEK View Post
I just spoke with my service rep. where my fiver is at in Atlanta. He said they do not see any water leaking out and they've had a bunch of rain. It appears my Eterna Bond repair on the roof where the cap meets the EPDM worked. He is going out and will raise the landing gear just to be sure though.
RV World in Buford? They're getting mine this weekend.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #22

For the same leak?
PSEYFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Good luck getting him. I got him on the phone once and that was an accident I believe. No response to voicemail or email.

RV World in Buford? They're getting mine this weekend.
Yes, RV World in Buford.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #24

Took a bit longer to get it up there, but it's now in the hands of the dealer to decide how to fix the water getting in the cap that I complained about over a year ago. They said it would take about a week to get it in, so hopefully we will see what happens from there.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #25

Ask to be notified if or when the cap is removed. If as you say the water has been there for some time you will have water damage. It also should be removed to be sure all is completely dry. With the cap removed they should be able to visually see the water tracking. Be sure to go to the shop and look at the unit while it is opened up. Take your camera or phone with you.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #26

I'm going up there this afternoon. I called yesterday to see if they thought I would be able to pick it up by the 13th, left a message and as expected, no return call. So I'm going to stroll in, just for chuckles.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:09 PM   #27

I got my fifth wheel back today. The repairs I made with Eternabond tape along the top of the cap where it meets the EPDM has worked. FR sent a repair tech to my dealer to re-install a new fresh water tank, mine fell put, he looked at the leak and could not find one. When I picked it up today there was zero water leaking out and we've had a tremendous amount of rain lately.

My advice is this. Buy a role of 6" Eternabond tape and a roller and tape the seam from gutter to gutter.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #28

It's in the shop and they are pulling the nose cone off and resealing
Old 11-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #29

I just found water leaking from my front cap today when I raised the camper to hook up to it. The 2015 Sierra 330 5th wheel had been setting for the past two weeks and we have had some real heavy rains during that time. We have had this camper for over a year now and this is the first time that I found water coming out like this. We had a leak from the front of the camper with water coming into our front closet and the dealer fixed that problem. But our first year warranty has run out and I do not know if the dealer or FR will fix this under warranty. I did get the 2nd year extended warranty from FR but I don't know if it covers leaks like this. I may try to call FR to see what they say. The water was leaking from what I guess you would call the cap seal just in front of the storage compartment on the drivers side of the camper.

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #30

If you call FR ask to talk to Scott Hunt. He works on the Sierra side. I think they have a serious design flaw that needs to be dealt with. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #31

Mine was coming from two places, on top the rubber roof wasn't folded in right and the sealer wasn't applied properly, they got that fixed and luckily we had hard rains again when they found that my lower right marker light was filling up with water and allowing water in beside the bulb. So far, so good. I hope to get some rain soon, if not I'll get the sprinkler out and make it rain some.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota EV View Post
I just found water leaking from my front cap today when I raised the camper to hook up to it. The 2015 Sierra 330 5th wheel had been setting for the past two weeks and we have had some real heavy rains during that time. We have had this camper for over a year now and this is the first time that I found water coming out like this. We had a leak from the front of the camper with water coming into our front closet and the dealer fixed that problem. But our first year warranty has run out and I do not know if the dealer or FR will fix this under warranty. I did get the 2nd year extended warranty from FR but I don't know if it covers leaks like this. I may try to call FR to see what they say. The water was leaking from what I guess you would call the cap seal just in front of the storage compartment on the drivers side of the camper.
That would be covered under your 2nd year extended warranty. Don't let them tell you it doesn't.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #33

Has anyone figured out the fix on this yet?
markoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Mine was coming from two places, on top the rubber roof wasn't folded in right and the sealer wasn't applied properly, they got that fixed and luckily we had hard rains again when they found that my lower right marker light was filling up with water and allowing water in beside the bulb. So far, so good. I hope to get some rain soon, if not I'll get the sprinkler out and make it rain some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markoldin View Post
Has anyone figured out the fix on this yet?
So far I'm dry, but I haven't had a good soaking rain either. A little bit, but not a big one. But, I saw it after a downpour at the dealer and it seemed that the top repair worked.

I still have my front closet shelves out, so I can check it directly next time it rains hard.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #35

We are dry also, We had two days of light rain but that did not affect the camper. It seems like only a heavy rain has an effect on the leaking problem. I sent an email to FR last Monday but no response yet. I am going to call them in a few minutes to see if I can get a response.

Freddie & Linda
TMPS for Camper & TV
Old 12-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #36

I spoke too soon. I just went out to my camper and raised up the front. Nothing happened at first but then I noticed that the bottom sheet of material that covers the 5th wheel area was hanging down so I pushed up on it and then water started coming out of the same area where it had ran out before. So I guess that any rain will cause a leak it just depends on the amount of rain that you get to determine how easy the water will run out. I call the FR Sierra factory and was put on a call-back list since most of the people were out at a trade show. I then called my dealer and I am currently waiting on a call back from them too.

Freddie & Linda
TMPS for Camper & TV
Old 12-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #37

Ok, Spoke to Scott at FR and then a rep from my dealer and I got the same answer from both of them. This should only be a water leak problem and that is my responsibility to repair. Now I have to decide whether to spot seal the camper and wait for it to leak again or to try and find a better solution. I just looked at the camper and I found three places where the water is probable getting in. Two of the places are on the side of the camper just above the rain gutter where the cap connects to the main camper. The other place is on the front slide. This is a bummer for a camper that is just over a year old.

Freddie & Linda
TMPS for Camper & TV
Old 12-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #38

As I said earlier in this post, get your self a 6" roll of Eternabond and a roller. Clean the area where the front cap meets the EPDM from gutter to gutter. Once cleaned Lay down a strip of Eternabond from gutter to gutter and thoroughly roll it down. Your leak should not be sealed.
I had the same issue as all of you and now the leak is repaired with zero water leakage. This repair was made several months ago and we've had heavy rain with no water intrusion.
A FR factory tech looked at my repair and said this was my best option.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #39

Thanks Sierra360PDEK, I have taken your advice. I just ordered the 6" tape, roller, cleaner and primer. I also order several tubes of the Dicor self-leveling sealant. I found several videos on youtube that showed how to install this tape and after reading your post and watching those video I decided to install the tape. It is cold here so I will have to see what temperature is advised for installing this tape but hopefully we will get some warmer weather so that I can fix my roof.

Freddie & Linda
TMPS for Camper & TV
Old 12-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota EV View Post
Thanks Sierra360PDEK, I have taken your advice. I just ordered the 6" tape, roller, cleaner and primer. I also order several tubes of the Dicor self-leveling sealant. I found several videos on youtube that showed how to install this tape and after reading your post and watching those video I decided to install the tape. It is cold here so I will have to see what temperature is advised for installing this tape but hopefully we will get some warmer weather so that I can fix my roof.
You should be okay in NC on a sunny day, you can also use a hair drier or a stripping heat gun to help you along. I would do it as soon as possible ot cover the whole nose cap with a tarp to stop any water. You could get dry rot if you let it go, but that's only my opinion. Good Luck....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, water, wheel