Old 01-05-2016, 01:36 AM   #71

I considered drilling drain holes myself, but I was concerned about what was getting wet, wood, insulation, etc. that was going to set up mold or just rot away. That is why I was so concerned about getting it fixed because I'm likely to keep this unit for quite a while.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota EV View Post
I was up on the roof of the camper looking for the leak and I noticed the the roof appears to be separating on the outside corners. I took some pictures of the problem and sent it to the FR factory rep and he contacted me today to let me know that this was just cosmetic and that it presented no problem and that FR was not going to do anything to repair the problem. I don't agree with this but I don't know what to do about it at this point. I still have not found where the water is getting into the front cap and not it appears that the roof is separating. I am beginning to lose confidence in FR and their customer service.
Dakota, I'm late getting in this conversation. Water leaks are hard to fine being it can travel. Have you checked the seal at the front A/C ? I say that being that the water could be entering there and traveling between the roof and the foam duct system and then entering the cap. take a hose up there and run water around the seal and then check. I would also caulk the two corners you mention. I don't think drilling the wholes as was mentioned will help in the long run. the front backing of the cap is wood and could cause wood rot. From all you sealed already, it has to be entering from the roof. The front of the units sloops down very easy for water to travel to the cap. That's a frustrating problem. The only other thing to do would be to drop the pin area under the pin so you can look up there and see if there is water marks and also pour water on the roof and see if it is coming in from the top of the roof. If not it has to be traveling between the layers. IMO it sounds like a FR problem too....Good Luck : If you can please post a picture of those corners you found, I would like to see what they are saying is not the roof. That roof has a warranty for 10 years.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #73

Dakota, I am seeing the same thing on the roof of mine as well. It seems like the flashing that is under the rubber roof where the sidewall meets the roof is raised about 2 inches. I too called FR and they said that they would not fix it unless it was torn and leaking. I noticed this problem a month after I received delivery of my 376BHOK. However I did get FR to document this problem and they said that they would fix it if it ever became a leak. I was thinking the same thing about the front AC unit. My deal er has had my unit for several months now so I guess it's about time I give them a call and see where they are with the repairs. They have a great service department and I know they are also getting frustrated that this leak can't be stopped. I go to Crossroads in Newfield NJ. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #74
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
The front cap on this trailer has nothing attached to the back side of cap. I've installed 22 clearance lights, from about 5" down from factory lights to bottom. Have run wiring from just behind pin-box on inside into storage area...nothing there either that would rot. No wood behind factory clearance lights either. If this cap leaked I'd have water in storage area or maybe pin-box.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
The front cap on this trailer has nothing attached to the back side of cap. I've installed 22 clearance lights, from about 5" down from factory lights to bottom. Have run wiring from just behind pin-box on inside into storage area...nothing there either that would rot. No wood behind factory clearance lights either. If this cap leaked I'd have water in storage area or maybe pin-box.
Bob you have your nose framing that front cap connects to. They are cross members, there is a space between the cap and frame. That's what holds up the foam stuffing that took my dent out on top when I was in Goshen. They could only put in about 12" piece across the top of the cap. before they hit the first cross brace. the cross bracing falls away from the cap from the top to the bottom, just as your cap does.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 01-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #76
Left Coast

Any thing that's back there isn't attached to cap...I used a high powered light as I wanted to know....I know there's framing, but I think it's alum. For the op to be gett'n water in pin box area and do any dry rot damage, I don't think it will... if the front A/C is let'n water in, the ceil'n should start stain'n, wouldn't you think?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Any thing that's back there isn't attached to cap...I used a high powered light as I wanted to know....I know there's framing, but I think it's alum. For the op to be gett'n water in pin box area and do any dry rot damage, I don't think it will... if the front A/C is let'n water in, the ceil'n should start stain'n, wouldn't you think?
It wouldn't have to stain if running on top of the foam duct work and under the roof sheeting. The framing on my nose is wood. Also when this dent problem started, a member posted pictures of the repair stuffing they used between the cross members. There are some pictures under some thread on here. If I remember right it was about a year or year and a half ago. I could be very wrong, but it seems nothing else has stopped the leak. Water is getting in some how.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 01-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #78
Left Coast

That's why I asked about what the closest thing back on roof from cap. If his roof is slanted like this one, then, yes, I'd be look'n at the A/C mounting. I don't understand how water is coming out of pin-box, but not gett'n into storage area......this one it most surly would, as there's no 'dam' there to divert
Old 01-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #79

On my leak there is only water in the nose cone. No water or moisture in front or basement storage. No moisture in front closet, moisture on floor, walls or ceiling in bedroom. If was coming from front A/C how would get into the nose cone without one drop noticed anyplace else? The water also only leaks out on curb side.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #80

Sierra, those are my exact points as well. I have no water on the carpet in the close, no water marks on the wall in the closet and no moisture in my storage box. If it were the AC I would think it would have dripped out on the inside of the camper.

Tags
5th wheel, water, wheel