Old 07-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Youroo, when I say "flex" I mean no more than 1/8", over the entire shower pan floor. There's no more flex at the drain than there is at the side walls. It flexes only where the weight of each foot is.
The Flex of the Pic are the (Entire Floor) not just the drain area. The (2) Main Shower Pan supports were in (Mid Air/NO support) the UNIT Floor down to the Belly was (CUT OUT)! The make up of the shower pan is (bottom of pan/1/2 inch Styrofoam pad/3/16 inch luan board) with 2x2 stub wood supports that are (Supposed??) to be supported by the Floor(The Floor has been CUT OUT for the Trap,BIG Hole!) Youroo!!

youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
I don't doubt you had that situation Youroo. I just don't think that exists in our RV.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #13
Also after Much (Research) the amount of (Cushion) is dependent on the amount of (Weight) exerted on the pan floor! Youroo!!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
Plain Old Member
I always wondered if there was an unknown weight rating of these pans. I myself used to be 230, and it flexed quite a bit. Then I walk around a campground and see someone quite larger than me, and can't help but wonder if the pan would / could hold up. No offense to anybody, I'm just wondering what the pans were really designed / rated for. Bunks, at least most of them have some sort of weight rating from 150 to 300, and I don't really trust those ratings.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #15
My '12 Sanibel 3500 has a layer of 1/2" foam pad between the shower pan and the sub-floor. After a year of full timing the pan cracked due to the flex.

I would guess the OP has the same type foam.

I'll get a new pan and reenforce the area with epoxy and fiberglass or maybe even carbon fiber so it doesn't do it in another year of use.

kdanie is offline   Reply With Quote

show, shower