Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
PK4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 24
1st trip in our 2014 Wilcat 327ck

We took our new 2014 Wildcat 327ck on a 500 mile round trip and camping for 4 nights. We are VERY happy with the RV.

1. We LOVE the hot water that heats up so quickly
2. Love the large holding tanks.
3. Pulls so good !!
4. Love the Automatic Refridgerator. Keeps the temp perfectly.
5. Love the furnace and fireplace, warmed the unit up quickly.
6. Love the 3 slides and the spacious room we have, Great size for us.
7. Love the stereo that is also surround sound and the stereo has selections where you can listen to music inside and also outside on outside speaker

Warranty Issues we noticed
1. Microwave does not work, receptable is good but microwave is dead, no clock or anything.
2.The passenger living room shade will not go up.
3. The AC in bedroom came on then went off then came right back on after 1 second. Also the bedroom thermostat has furnace listed but it did not come on ( don't know if it is supposed to have a furnace or not)
4. The dining room window would not close completely after opened. Had to go outside and push it in.
These all all minor and we feel can be fixed easily.

We had a 1piece Washer and dryer installed. the prep is in the closet. The 1 piece washer/dryer takes up abut half of the closet and does not face out but towards the middle of the closet. It works for us, I sit on the bed and did the laundry. If you hang a lot of clothes in the closet then you will have take them out to get to the front of the washer/dryer. It is doable!

Again we are VERY happy with this fifth wheel !!
__________________

__________________
2014 Wildcat 327CK
2010 2500 HD Chevy Silverado 4x4 Z71
Texas
PK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,201
I’m glad your first trip went so well. The bedroom thermostat is for the bedroom A/C only and doesn’t control the furnace.
Bummer about the microwave. I know you said the outlet was good how did you test it?
__________________

__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
PK4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 24
Oakman,

Thanks for the info on the bedroom not having a furnace. Really good to know, dont remember that at our walk thru

On the outlet that the microwave plugs into, we have a small voltage meter. We were getting 140v at the plug and the microwave needs 120v.

Again, Thanks !
__________________
2014 Wildcat 327CK
2010 2500 HD Chevy Silverado 4x4 Z71
Texas
PK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Todouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK4 View Post
Oakman,

Thanks for the info on the bedroom not having a furnace. Really good to know, dont remember that at our walk thru

On the outlet that the microwave plugs into, we have a small voltage meter. We were getting 140v at the plug and the microwave needs 120v.

Again, Thanks !

Your microwave may be toast if feeding it with 140v. Hard to say for sure but usually your allowed 10% voltage over/under which would give you a range of 108-132 volts. 140 might of did it in.
__________________
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
nuisance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 942
We had trouble with ours, but FR replaced it with no problem.
__________________
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
PK4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
We had trouble with ours, but FR replaced it with no problem.
Did they tell what the problem was with the micr0wave?
__________________
2014 Wildcat 327CK
2010 2500 HD Chevy Silverado 4x4 Z71
Texas
PK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
PK4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 24
Sorry, my DH told me the voltage meter read around 130v on the microwave plug.
__________________
2014 Wildcat 327CK
2010 2500 HD Chevy Silverado 4x4 Z71
Texas
PK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Firefighter969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stevensville, MD
Posts: 180
Nice to hear you had a good trip congrats on the trailer. My wife and I saw that floor plan at the rv show last weekend we both loved the layout. And our 344QB has a thermostat in the master it is only for A/C
__________________
2000 F250 Superduty CC LB 7.3 4x4
2013 344QB Wildcat
Nights camped 2014 ( 15)
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK4 View Post
We took our new 2014 Wildcat 327ck on a 500 mile round trip and camping for 4 nights. We are VERY happy with the RV.

1. We LOVE the hot water that heats up so quickly
2. Love the large holding tanks.
3. Pulls so good !!
4. Love the Automatic Refridgerator. Keeps the temp perfectly.
5. Love the furnace and fireplace, warmed the unit up quickly.
6. Love the 3 slides and the spacious room we have, Great size for us.
7. Love the stereo that is also surround sound and the stereo has selections where you can listen to music inside and also outside on outside speaker

Warranty Issues we noticed
1. Microwave does not work, receptable is good but microwave is dead, no clock or anything.
2.The passenger living room shade will not go up.
3. The AC in bedroom came on then went off then came right back on after 1 second. Also the bedroom thermostat has furnace listed but it did not come on ( don't know if it is supposed to have a furnace or not)
4. The dining room window would not close completely after opened. Had to go outside and push it in.
These all all minor and we feel can be fixed easily.

We had a 1piece Washer and dryer installed. the prep is in the closet. The 1 piece washer/dryer takes up abut half of the closet and does not face out but towards the middle of the closet. It works for us, I sit on the bed and did the laundry. If you hang a lot of clothes in the closet then you will have take them out to get to the front of the washer/dryer. It is doable!

Again we are VERY happy with this fifth wheel !!
Very happy the 327CK is working out so well for you.

Question about the washer/dryer set-up. Do you know if all washer and dryer combinations are the same size? Seems to be alot of trouble to wash if you have to remove articles from the closet to do a load of wash.
__________________
texfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #10
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by texfran View Post
Very happy the 327CK is working out so well for you.

Question about the washer/dryer set-up. Do you know if all washer and dryer combinations are the same size? Seems to be alot of trouble to wash if you have to remove articles from the closet to do a load of wash.
The washer/dryer prep setup does NOT require an installation with the combo W/D unit facing into the closet area (first time I've ever heard of this kind of orientation!). The combo unit we built for is based on the popular Splendide washer/dryer -- I do not know the model number offhand. I'll get more info ASAP!
__________________

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.