Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
PK4

1st trip in our 2014 Wilcat 327ck

We took our new 2014 Wildcat 327ck on a 500 mile round trip and camping for 4 nights. We are VERY happy with the RV.

1. We LOVE the hot water that heats up so quickly
2. Love the large holding tanks.
3. Pulls so good !!
4. Love the Automatic Refridgerator. Keeps the temp perfectly.
5. Love the furnace and fireplace, warmed the unit up quickly.
6. Love the 3 slides and the spacious room we have, Great size for us.
7. Love the stereo that is also surround sound and the stereo has selections where you can listen to music inside and also outside on outside speaker

Warranty Issues we noticed
1. Microwave does not work, receptable is good but microwave is dead, no clock or anything.
2.The passenger living room shade will not go up.
3. The AC in bedroom came on then went off then came right back on after 1 second. Also the bedroom thermostat has furnace listed but it did not come on ( don't know if it is supposed to have a furnace or not)
4. The dining room window would not close completely after opened. Had to go outside and push it in.
These all all minor and we feel can be fixed easily.

We had a 1piece Washer and dryer installed. the prep is in the closet. The 1 piece washer/dryer takes up abut half of the closet and does not face out but towards the middle of the closet. It works for us, I sit on the bed and did the laundry. If you hang a lot of clothes in the closet then you will have take them out to get to the front of the washer/dryer. It is doable!

Again we are VERY happy with this fifth wheel !!
PK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #2

I’m glad your first trip went so well. The bedroom thermostat is for the bedroom A/C only and doesn’t control the furnace.
Bummer about the microwave. I know you said the outlet was good how did you test it?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
PK4

Oakman,

Thanks for the info on the bedroom not having a furnace. Really good to know, dont remember that at our walk thru

On the outlet that the microwave plugs into, we have a small voltage meter. We were getting 140v at the plug and the microwave needs 120v.

Again, Thanks !
Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK4 View Post
Oakman,

Thanks for the info on the bedroom not having a furnace. Really good to know, dont remember that at our walk thru

On the outlet that the microwave plugs into, we have a small voltage meter. We were getting 140v at the plug and the microwave needs 120v.

Again, Thanks !

Your microwave may be toast if feeding it with 140v. Hard to say for sure but usually your allowed 10% voltage over/under which would give you a range of 108-132 volts. 140 might of did it in.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #5

We had trouble with ours, but FR replaced it with no problem.
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
PK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
We had trouble with ours, but FR replaced it with no problem.
Did they tell what the problem was with the micr0wave?
Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
PK4

Sorry, my DH told me the voltage meter read around 130v on the microwave plug.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #8

Nice to hear you had a good trip congrats on the trailer. My wife and I saw that floor plan at the rv show last weekend we both loved the layout. And our 344QB has a thermostat in the master it is only for A/C
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK4 View Post
We took our new 2014 Wildcat 327ck on a 500 mile round trip and camping for 4 nights. We are VERY happy with the RV.

1. We LOVE the hot water that heats up so quickly
2. Love the large holding tanks.
3. Pulls so good !!
4. Love the Automatic Refridgerator. Keeps the temp perfectly.
5. Love the furnace and fireplace, warmed the unit up quickly.
6. Love the 3 slides and the spacious room we have, Great size for us.
7. Love the stereo that is also surround sound and the stereo has selections where you can listen to music inside and also outside on outside speaker

Warranty Issues we noticed
1. Microwave does not work, receptable is good but microwave is dead, no clock or anything.
2.The passenger living room shade will not go up.
3. The AC in bedroom came on then went off then came right back on after 1 second. Also the bedroom thermostat has furnace listed but it did not come on ( don't know if it is supposed to have a furnace or not)
4. The dining room window would not close completely after opened. Had to go outside and push it in.
These all all minor and we feel can be fixed easily.

We had a 1piece Washer and dryer installed. the prep is in the closet. The 1 piece washer/dryer takes up abut half of the closet and does not face out but towards the middle of the closet. It works for us, I sit on the bed and did the laundry. If you hang a lot of clothes in the closet then you will have take them out to get to the front of the washer/dryer. It is doable!

Again we are VERY happy with this fifth wheel !!
Very happy the 327CK is working out so well for you.

Question about the washer/dryer set-up. Do you know if all washer and dryer combinations are the same size? Seems to be alot of trouble to wash if you have to remove articles from the closet to do a load of wash.
texfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #10
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by texfran View Post
Very happy the 327CK is working out so well for you.

Question about the washer/dryer set-up. Do you know if all washer and dryer combinations are the same size? Seems to be alot of trouble to wash if you have to remove articles from the closet to do a load of wash.
The washer/dryer prep setup does NOT require an installation with the combo W/D unit facing into the closet area (first time I've ever heard of this kind of orientation!). The combo unit we built for is based on the popular Splendide washer/dryer -- I do not know the model number offhand. I'll get more info ASAP!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #11

Congrats.
We also have a 327CK that we got in December. We have had it out once but are itching to go somewhere else soon!

I am interested in hearing how you like the washer and dryer. Ours is prepped for it and we have considered getting a washer and dryer at a later date
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #12

I have the Wildcat 312BHX - 2013 and it was not ready made for the W/D hook ups. So I removed the two lower bunks (no kids) and had my dealer install the hook ups and Splendide combo unit. I love not having to go to the laundry in camp grounds. I have only used it a few times but already know I wouldn’t be without it. There are a few tip sites on how to use the combo unit. Read a few of them. Biggest thing I have found is it has very long cycles and you have to do smaller loads. Things will wrinkle if you over pack it. Also read about vented or non-vented. I selected vented so as to save on water, yes it uses water to dry the clothes J. I will be retiring at the end of this year and I know that it will get a real workout then. Happy Camping!!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The washer/dryer prep setup does NOT require an installation with the combo W/D unit facing into the closet area (first time I've ever heard of this kind of orientation!). The combo unit we built for is based on the popular Splendide washer/dryer -- I do not know the model number offhand. I'll get more info ASAP!
Chris,
Any further info on the washer/dryer setup
Thanks
texfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #14
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by texfran View Post
Chris,
Any further info on the washer/dryer setup
Thanks
The Splendide WD 2100XC is the model which the space is designed for:
NEW Splendide 2100XC (WD2100XC) washer-dryer
Quote:
Built-tough for RV and Marine use, the NEW 2100XC is Splendide's quietest, most durable and most convenient washer-dryer yet. Combining an entirely new drum and motor system with Splendide's flagship 2-in-1 design, the 2100XC is able to wash bigger loads than many stackable laundry sets, yet still saves valuable space, weight and resources.

Made specifically for use in mobile environments, yet elegantly suited in any high-end condo or loft, the Splendide 2100XC features easy-to-use controls, silent, brushless motor technology, added stability control and class-leading washing and drying performance.

Compare the 2100XC to other compact laundry centers and you'll see. With extra load capacity, a super-fast 1200 rpm high spin, modern Italian styling and more, the Splendide 2100XC makes a powerful and reliable laundry companion - on the road, at sea, or even in your uptown apartment.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat