Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #1

2013 Wildcat 327ck....mistake?

Hello fellow campers....long time listener first time caller. Recently settled on a very lightly used 2013 327ck that I feel that I got a good deal on. This is my third rv and second 5th wheel coming from a '07 Coachmen.

Now my excitement unfortunately has been tainted by what I've been reading on this forum with all the issues the 327 has

I don't pick it up for a few weeks...We love the floorplan!!!......having got completely bent over after having owned a Ford 6.0 I'm not in the mood to relive a similar situation.

So quite frankly my question is....should I run and try to get my deposit back?

Thanks

Dirk
BeachAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
Always Learning

Remember, the forums have an incredibly small percentage of units sold. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
Campfire Master

Welcome! Glad you're here.

Ours has been trouble free. The slides needed adjustment when we got it, but it has been perfect since.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #4

Wink 2013 Wildcat 327CK

Dirk

Ours also has been mostly trouble free. Knock on wood. The slides needed to be adjusted as AVid stated. We spent over 50 nights in the camper last season and we just love the 5er.
2015 Camp Nights: 175
2016 Camp Nights: 121
JM Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
PPST OGCDG

Thumbs up

BeachAddict to The Forum From Southeastern Virginia. Also A WILDCAT Owner
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #6

A little buyer's remorse that everyone gets. All forums deal with owners problems so they can be pretty negative by nature. Spend some nights camping, prepare for problems and hope dealer is responsive. I'm nearly new to FR but have enjoyed the people we meet when camping in our earlier units.
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #7

We have a 2015 327CK and have had no major issues, just typical minor quirks that happen with all campers. As with any used RV, the main thing to check is the roof to make sure there have been no leaks and it has been maintained properly. If the roof is good and there are not any structural issue, than you should be good.
Dutch Oven Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #8

well..... I am one that is having some issues with the slides. but I am hoping that after this little debacle I can join the crowd that has no issues. I love the camper. I am wondering if keeping things in the drawers on the L sofa is whats causing my issues. I don't have much, but I do have a broom and small stick vac in one drawer and to folding end tables in the other drawer. any ideas??
blugrasbaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #9
Campfire Master

Keeping stuff in the drawers shouldn't do it. Both of mine are stuffed full. I hope you can find someone who knows how to adjust your slides.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #10

Thanks to everyone for your replies!
BeachAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugrasbaseman View Post
well..... I am one that is having some issues with the slides. but I am hoping that after this little debacle I can join the crowd that has no issues. I love the camper. I am wondering if keeping things in the drawers on the L sofa is whats causing my issues. I don't have much, but I do have a broom and small stick vac in one drawer and to folding end tables in the other drawer. any ideas??
If you'd like help, please send me a private message with your complete contact information, Wildcat VIN#, and name of the dealer you purchased from!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #12

We have bought C5 Corvettes, Tiffin Allegro motorhomes, Ram pickups, and many other products that we have loved and served us well. If I had based my purchasing decisions on the forums, I'd still be riding a bicycle and camping in a tent! Forums have great info, please just take them for what they are. Buy your 5th wheel and have many years of great camping!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
We have bought C5 Corvettes, Tiffin Allegro motorhomes, Ram pickups, and many other products that we have loved and served us well. If I had based my purchasing decisions on the forums, I'd still be riding a bicycle and camping in a tent! Forums have great info, please just take them for what they are. Buy your 5th wheel and have many years of great camping!
Roger that!
One guy may throw his string trimmer in the pond.
The next "reviewer" sleeps with his!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Doing my PDI tomorrow on my 2014 Wildcat 327ck and know more then. The unit as made last May (year old) and wish some of the new upgrades were on it. But the price was right and if I have any unresolved problems in August I'll be at Goshen rally. Then I'll have the Wildcat plant come out and fix it. But I think it will be fine!
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachAddict View Post
Hello fellow campers....long time listener first time caller. Recently settled on a very lightly used 2013 327ck that I feel that I got a good deal on. This is my third rv and second 5th wheel coming from a '07 Coachmen.

Now my excitement unfortunately has been tainted by what I've been reading on this forum with all the issues the 327 has

I don't pick it up for a few weeks...We love the floorplan!!!......having got completely bent over after having owned a Ford 6.0 I'm not in the mood to relive a similar situation.

So quite frankly my question is....should I run and try to get my deposit back?

Thanks

Dirk
Sorry, wish we could say something different, but as much as we love our floor plan, we have had nothing but problems with ours after owning it for one year now. Sent back to the plant for 8 weeks only to get it back with a whole other list of problems it didn't have before we sent it with many of the problems being very serious. I say...definitely take your money and run like the wind!!!
ktmpj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, cat, wildcat