Old 07-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #1

2014 312 BHX tanks

New 5th wheel with the outside kitchen. There appears to be a separate gray tank for this kitchen (it has it's own level monitor) This is our second trip and the tank has finally filled up. I have three pulls on the sewer line and none will empty this tank. Anyone have this setup? How does this tank empty?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 07-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneedham View Post
New 5th wheel with the outside kitchen. There appears to be a separate gray tank for this kitchen (it has it's own level monitor) This is our second trip and the tank has finally filled up. I have three pulls on the sewer line and none will empty this tank. Anyone have this setup? How does this tank empty?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I have a 312 QBX (basically the same coach but without the outside kitchen). I also have separate gray tanks for the kitchen galley and the bath...with three pull handles...one for each gray tank and one for the black tank. I've not had any problems with emptying any of the tanks (just one dump valve that occasionally leaks a little).

I suspect the cable connected to the dump valve for your kitchen galley tank is either bound up and not opening the valve...or has somehow gotten disconnected from the dump valve or pull handle. My pull handles are labelled. Are yours labelled too? If so, I'd try pulling the handle for the kitchen galley and see if it feels like it's bound up or just pulls way more easily than the other two and then try to go from there. Using a see through elbow on the dump line helps to see the actual water that is passing through too...just in case it is actually dumping but the tank level indicator is giving a false reading.

There is an 'adjustment' nut on my dump handles as well, but I think it is more for holding the dump handle in the 90 degree position than for adjusting the pull cable.

Best wishes...

Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:18 AM   #3

I suspect that I have 4 tanks and only three sewer pulls. All of the pulls work Black, bath grey, and galley grey. I thought the galley pull would empty the outside kitchen tank also but not so.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #4
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneedham View Post
I suspect that I have 4 tanks and only three sewer pulls. All of the pulls work Black, bath grey, and galley grey. I thought the galley pull would empty the outside kitchen tank also but not so.

Looks like this was discussed in another post: Ask the Wildcat factory....

"I have the 2013 312BHX with the O.K.. There are 3 handles, 1 for each tank as you specified. The TOTAL capacity is 150 gallons for the gray water tanks. 2 of the handles are in the same compartment as the black water drain and water hookup. The 3rd drain handle for the outside kitchen is on the opposite side of the camper in front of the rear stabilizer legs motor. Just look underneath and in front of the motor and you will see the handle."
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #5

Thanks for the link Lefty.....I was wondering the same thing!!

2015 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX
2015 Ford F-350 4x4 SRW SWB PSD
NOLE-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

Wow spot on. I love this forum. I had to look hard to find it but it was there.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #7
JAYCO Representative

I apologize that it isn't spelled out more clearly -- there is indeed an extra gray tank and pull on that floor plan. Obviously, this is something I'll have to have amended on the 312BHX build. Thank you to "Lefty" for the help!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #8

We had the same issue, except found out the hard way after water go into the bunk room. Our friend has the exact 5er & had water get inside too. He's the one that found the valve for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
2014, tank