Old 02-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #21

It showed up this morning just as promised, it looks really good, it looks like they address all of my list plus a few other things. its clean (minus the road spray)and looks really good. I guess only time will tell if the repairs hold, but for now I am happy. good luck to each of you.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #22

Angry 2013 wildcat 327ck

I can't believe the 2014 327CK's are having the same problem as the 2013's. I would bet the 2015's are going to follow suit. Forest River claimed they had made adjustments to correct the problem with the cracks occurring in the sidewalls. They insist this is not a problem with the frame, but I think we all know better. They told us it would take 4-5 weeks in Jan. 2014 to repair our unit, but had it for almost 4 months. When returned, the cracks seemed to have been repaired and so far, so good, but we had a whole other list of problems with the unit that we didn't have before we returned it to them. Items on our list they were supposed to have repaired were still not corrected. In addition, the unit came back with damage to the cabinetry, curtains were rehung lopsided, trim work that was not reattached, we now have electrical problems we didn't have before we returned the unit, and within a week of it's return we had a tremendous amount of water leak into the unit during a rainstorm though had never had that problem before. It goes without saying their workmanship is hideous. The list goes on. Our dealer had even suggested we require a third party inspection prior to the unit being returned to us, which we did. Little did we know, that since they company was hired by Forest River, they would not consult with us whatsoever. How does that make any sense at all? It's hard to believe the unit passed anyone's inspection at all. We were extremely disappointed after receiving our unit back, and after dealing with all of it's problems throughout this past summer, it has now been at a local dealer for repair since December 1 as we did not have faith in sending it back to Forest River. Our experience with this unit and Forest River has been a complete nightmare. They did absolutely nothing to go out of their way to make us "happy campers" except approve the dealer that has it now to make repairs to everything they screwed up when they had it. Other than that, all they ever offerred were pathetic apologies. Will definitely not be buying from them again. Hope you all get better results than we did.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #23

PK4,

We had a 2013 Rockwood 8289 that had a frame issue. The right side frame rail was twisting due to the weight of the slide. We took it back to Rockwood ourselves. They paid for the trip so we took it like a mini vacation. I won't do that again. The people at the repair facility were great and very helpful. They lifted the box off the floor and frame and stiffened the frame and replaced the floor. The rig was delivered Sunday evening, we met the manager Monday morning to go throught the issues. Picked up the rig Friday mid day. Pretty daunting when you think about it. As stated by others we had some clean up to do but they did a great job on the repair. We did dump that rig because we just didn't ever feel good about it but the repair facility was good.

Jim
Old 03-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugrasbaseman View Post
It showed up this morning just as promised, it looks really good, it looks like they address all of my list plus a few other things. its clean (minus the road spray)and looks really good. I guess only time will tell if the repairs hold, but for now I am happy. good luck to each of you.
I am glad they took good care of you Blue Grass man.

Happy camping.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #25
Chuck from Maryland

Our 2014 327ck just came back from factory this morning. They replaced both side walls, fixed a couple other things. Look pretty good, was clean inside.. So far everything seems to be done right. Was gone for 5 weeks..but repairs only took about 4 weeks. Time will tell I guess. Heading out for 16 day trip soon.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck-md View Post
Our 2014 327ck just came back from factory this morning. They replaced both side walls, fixed a couple other things. Look pretty good, was clean inside.. So far everything seems to be done right. Was gone for 5 weeks..but repairs only took about 4 weeks. Time will tell I guess. Heading out for 16 day trip soon.
Good luck! Hope things work out better for you than it did for us. Still waiting now 4 1/2 months to get ours back from local repair shop.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #27

why do they have to go back to the factory to be fixed correctly in the first place? even the high priced units (200k) plus have issues. cant understand why they cant get it right the first time or even notice the issues before it leaves the building

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #28

It just never ends! Our 2013 327CK was at the factory for 4 months the beginning of 2014, and just picked it up today after 4 1/2 months at a local repair shop. Pulled it into the driveway, and our neighbor points out that the front end cap is completely faded! He said his is doing the same! Sooo frustrated!!! We have owned our unit just about 2 years now. It has been out for repairs for a total of almost 12 months out of the 24 months that we've owned it. Cracks in the sidewalls, electrical problems, water leaks, etc.. Now what? Back to the factory again???
Old 04-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #29

Iur 2013 327ck went back to have sudes replaced. Crack in the back top corners where the slides come out. Seems to have done a good job. Was told the new sides are reinforced.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Just brought my 2014 Wildcat 327ck into my dealer yesterday for a major water leak in my kitchen slider. At first we thought it was seal adjustment issue. Now we find out that both rear slides are out of adjustment with cracks and bulges on the upper sidewalls. We've heard the heart break stories about the 2013/2014 with the Lippert frames and now we're going to be another story. My question is how does your story end with Forest River.
We have just retired and are planning to be on the road quite a bit between Upper Michigan and Arizona with the Wildcat. Just returned from 100+ days out with it over winter and many more days this summer in the U.P. I just know the Wildcat will be going back to the factory but how does it fit into our plans? And in October we are planning to return to our Arizona place with the Wildcat.
How long will the repairs take at the factory and when they are done were you happy with the service?

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, cat, factory, wildcat