Old 05-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #31

Elind,

My story ended with the Dealer and FR buying back my Wildcat for 100% of what I paid for it. I also had documentation and pics from day 1. I feel my dealer, FunTown Waco played a big role in making this happen. I ended up with a CC Silverback that the same dealer gave me a very good price on. 5 months and several trips with zero issues.

I found that documentation and photos are very helpful. Another item I did is carbon copy the dealer and Wildcat on any communications so that everyone was on the same page.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
Elind,

My story ended with the Dealer and FR buying back my Wildcat for 100% of what I paid for it. I also had documentation and pics from day 1. I feel my dealer, FunTown Waco played a big role in making this happen. I ended up with a CC Silverback that the same dealer gave me a very good price on. 5 months and several trips with zero issues.

I found that documentation and photos are very helpful. Another item I did is carbon copy the dealer and Wildcat on any communications so that everyone was on the same page.

Salt
I'm glad to hear things worked out OK for you.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Thanks for the idea of documention of the chain of events. I also have meet the Wildcat plant manager, Chris (now gone) and Mike Stump (Forest River) to know where to go to if needed. I just hope things go fair and smooth to fix my issues.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #34
PK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Just brought my 2014 Wildcat 327ck into my dealer yesterday for a major water leak in my kitchen slider. At first we thought it was seal adjustment issue. Now we find out that both rear slides are out of adjustment with cracks and bulges on the upper sidewalls. We've heard the heart break stories about the 2013/2014 with the Lippert frames and now we're going to be another story. My question is how does your story end with Forest River.
We have just retired and are planning to be on the road quite a bit between Upper Michigan and Arizona with the Wildcat. Just returned from 100+ days out with it over winter and many more days this summer in the U.P. I just know the Wildcat will be going back to the factory but how does it fit into our plans? And in October we are planning to return to our Arizona place with the Wildcat.
How long will the repairs take at the factory and when they are done were you happy with the service?

Our 2014 Wildcat 327ck went to the factory April 13 and was returned June 5....7 weeks... was told they were 2 weeks backed up ( Hmmm I wonder why)

All walls were replaced, a broken metal die cast( ?) replaced, I believe it had something to do with the slide out, many more repairs were on the list. Looked great

Our story ends : A Heartland Dealer made us a good deal on trading the Wildcat for a Big Country, sight unseen, they knew it was at the factory and waited for it to get back before we took possession of our new Big Country. It did arrive at the Heartland Dealership 6-5-2015 in the afternoon. We take possession of our new Big Country Monday 6-8-2015

We wont be going back to Forest River.

FYI ...Brian Knight went to Motor homes. Justin Swartz is the current rep. Justin has been by far and hands down the best rep we have worked with !!!

Justin's email is jswartz@forestriverinc.com

I wish yall Great travels with no problems with you Wildcat. Be Safe out there with your travels !!!!

PK4
PK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #35
Chuck from Maryland

Our 2014 327ck had sam3 problems with wall stucture problems. Was pickrd up from our home in Maryland on march 12 and returned April 20. Have already taken trip to Florida and back..no problems am very pleased so far. Granted they have had some problems but FR seems to be owning up tobthem and fixing them. I would not mess with dealer but rather recommend dealing directly with FR warranty dept.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Thanks for the info about your Wildcat 327ck. My dealer already said after two weeks he had heard very little so far from Wildcat. He said to contact Forest River direct and plead our case. So now I have a new contact (Justin Swartz) and Mike Stump (public relations at Forest River) to work with to get repairs.
We just retired are planning to use our RV frequently. We found our problems on our return trip from Arizona after 3 months. So now our future travel is on hold for now till we hear from Forest River.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I just got the word that my Wildcat goes in for repairs at the factory October 3rd. They will pick it up from my house in Upper Michigan and when it's done they are going to deliver it to my winter place in Arizona. The request to get it fixed went very smooth. It just went out of warranty but Forest River did agree to take care of the fix.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #38

Our 2014 Wildcat Maxx 313RE developed small exterior cracks on the 2 upper corners on the biggest slide. The dealer thinks it may be caused by a broken weld in the frame and is contacting Forest River to see what they'll do. It's 3 weeks out of warranty, but the dealer is going to argue this started before the warranty ended. I sure hope Forest River comes thru and takes care of this!
Old 08-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #39

I just found this old thread. Our 8 mo. old 2014 327CK is back at the dealership for the third time and a proper repair will require it going to the factory. I'm glad to see also that someone was successful with a buy-back, because that's the direction I'd like to go if at all possible. Subscribed.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #40

Angry Problems have sucked all the fun out of camping!

Good luck with your unit! I wish we had success with a buy back. We had little support, if any, from our dealer, and as much as we documented and complained to Forest River, we are still stuck with our lemon RV. We really regret we didn't hire a lawyer. Our unit will be going back in for more repairs. In two years, the unit has been either at the dealer, a repair shop or Forest River plant for repairs more than it has been in our possession for use. We are stuck making monthly payments on a unit that we can't even enjoy using because all of the issues we have had to deal with on this unit, it has really taken all the enjoyment out of camping for us.

Tags
2014, cat, factory, wildcat