Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #1

2014 wildcat extra lite 282rkx WINTERIZING

This is the first time we are winterizing this unit ourselves. Everything I read says there should be a couple low point drains ... I'm only finding 1 blue one under the dining room/livingroom slide ... We live in a very cold climate, and having never used the "blow out the line" method to winterize our former units, I want to make sure I'm not leaving any water anywhere to have an opportunity to freeze .... Am I missing something or is there really only one low point drain???
strauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
GLCM Warrior

On our Wildcat 312QBX the fresh water tank drain is under the slide where you describe. The low point drains are on the opposite side of our 5ver between the stairs and the front basement door.

Good luck. Hope you find them.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #3

our wildcat also has only 1 low point drain and it is for the fresh water tank, when I winterize I attach a line to the pump inlet and suck fluid up to the pump and thru the coach, and I also hook up a elect pump to the city and black flush and push antifreeze thru. I know I have zero water in any lines . last year it was below freezing almost 3 months straight

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #4

In mine the low point drains aren't as low as the tank drain. They are on the door side aft of the pass thru storage compartment. They are behind the lower skirting on the camper, but up higher than the underbelly covering, so you can't see them just by looking under the camper. There should be a sticker on the outside showing you where they are, but apparently sometimes they forget the stickers. There will be two drains, one for hot, one for cold. I'm sure all recent wildcats have them...
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
We have a 2015 Wildcat RKX and our Lowpoint drains (2) are between the steps and the front basement door.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #6

I really thought they would put in low points but when I replaced my brake wiring I had the entire bottom uncovered and non were to be found. Guess I could add some but don't think I will.

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #7

Thank you all ... I swear we looked around that underneath so many times ... Apparently never looked between the stairs and the underbelly. Thankfully we found it ... There was quite a bit of water in those lines!
strauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
I really thought they would put in low points but when I replaced my brake wiring I had the entire bottom uncovered and non were to be found. Guess I could add some but don't think I will.
Not sure what unit you have, but it looks like on most (all?) of the 14's & 15's they are outside the frame, and don't hang down below it, so having the underbelly off wouldn't help to find them...

I suppose they could have forgotten them in the build as well...
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, cat, wildcat, winter, winterize