Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #1

2015 Wildcat 327CK Rear Camera Pre-Wire?

Just purchased a 2015 327CK and it is "pre-wired" for a rear view camera. Can anyone tell me if that means behind the plate is a 12 volt connection for a wireless camera or are there wires for a hard wired camera? Has anyone installed a camera?

Texas Rick,
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Texas Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
Site Team

I think I have read where the pre-wires are on the rear of the trailer, near the top, at the center clearance light.

EDIT: this thread may help:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...era-70906.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply, I can see that I wasn't clear in my post. I see the place at the top of the Wildcat but what I am curious about is what type of wires are behind the plate? Is it only a power line for a wireless camera or is it power and video wires for a hard wire system?

Texas Rick,
Old 03-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Rick View Post
Thanks for your reply, I can see that I wasn't clear in my post. I see the place at the top of the Wildcat but what I am curious about is what type of wires are behind the plate? Is it only a power line for a wireless camera or is it power and video wires for a hard wire system?

Texas Rick,
Page 7 of the 2015 Wildcat brochures states wireless. Having a wired system would be a lot more intensive and time consuming, especially from installing it all in the tow vehicle.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...atbrochure.pdf
Attached Images

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #5

It's a wire. You simply remove cover, plug the power wire for the camera in. And it is wireless
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #6

Makes sense. Thanks!

Texas Rick,
Old 03-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #7

2015 Wildcat 327CK Rear Camera Pre-Wire?

It's set up for the Furrion camera on the 2015 models. I have one and really like it

Came with trailer and instructions if you had to install it yourself.
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #8

We have a 2015 Sabre we just picked up in Dec. The dealer noticed it buy had no idea how to go about it. Told it would be about $400 so we said "forget about it" - maybe someday!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #9

We picked up our new 2016 Wildcat 327 in Indiana yesterday and towed it home to Minnesota. As others have said it's set up for a wireless camera. We got it with the Furrion camera installed by Wildcat. Although Furrion recommends wiring the display monitor so it comes on only when backing, it comes with a cigarette lighter connection which allows viewing to the rear all the time. However, our camera is pointed down so we can actually see the bike rack, but not far behind. I believe it can be rotated upward for a view farther back. I've been disappointed so far that the weak-signal indicator comes on about half the time so there is no view during that time. I noticed that the antenna is askew. I'll tweek that in hopes of improvement. And, although it's supposed to be an infrared camera, it's not working in the dark. The manual is very poor, and I saw nothing in it that helped resolve either issue.
Again, I've used it only two days; it hasn't been very valuable on the highway, but it was quite useful during the few times I was backing.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:33 PM   #10

Thanks! This is information is helpful. In searching I found a variety of opinions as to the signal quality of some of the wireless cameras. In theory it seems great but... I have also been looking at Tadi Bros who have several models. So, I am just trying to best determine which way to go. If wireless works that's the easiest but not such a great decision if you end up being frustrated.

Texas Rick,
Old 03-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #11

I think it is just wired for 12 v for a wireless I have 2015 wild cat maxx fifth wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
wwalker2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #12
TGR

A note to Frozen. I have a factory installed Voyager camera in my Wildcat. The camera worked great until, for some reason, its antenna moved. My signal became inconsistent and dropped out occasionally.

I realigned the antenna to a vertical position and the signal no longer drops out.

My only disappointment has been the "continuous on" feature on the camera. If anyone discovers where the power connection to the camera originates, please share as I'd like to install a lighted switch similar to the tank heater switch if I can get to that darn wire.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #13

We also have the Voyager camera mounted on the rear of our 2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX and it works really well. The signal is strong, does not break-up and we like the ability to see who/what is behind us at all times. It can be physically adjusted to whatever viewing angle you wish and is powered by the factory 12V wires. We also paid around $400 and our dealer installed it before we picked up the trailer. If the $400 is something you can deal with, I strongly recommend you consider it as a safety option for your trailer!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat