Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 04:42 AM   #1

282rkx

Looking for input from anyone who has experience with this unit.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
Looking for input from anyone who has experience with this unit.
Not sure if you are asking about the fifth wheel version or the travel trailer version...We purchased a 282RKX travel trailer this past summer. We Love it! The layout with the big kitchen and flow of the trailer works well for us. It has a huge slide in the galley/ living area which is really nice. The bedroom has a closet slide which gives added storage. The bedroom is kind of tight but this was fine for us as we only sleep in there and wanted more living space area. The bathroom has a full size shower and has plenty of room. It has power everything, stabilizers, awning, jack, awning which can all be controlled with a remote the size of a cell phone. Makes set up a breeze. We went with the dark leather interior which is quite nice. It wasn't without a few minor problems which have been taken care of. We also picked up a second year warranty from FR for an additional $150.00..It pulls easily with or cummins diesel...Hope this helps..
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #3

We bought a new 282RKX in 2012. It was an improvement from the Rockwood Ultralite, not that there was anything wrong with that one. We love the floor plan that we have, I know they changed it a little since we bought ours. So far the only issues we have had were an issue with the awning, the screws were stripped out on the first few and that allowed the awning to start to pull away. One of the propane regulators was loud and the dealer sent us a new one as they are 200 miles away. And lastly, the board used for the drawer stop on the couch had broken at a knot in the wood, I fixed that.

Overall we have been pleased with the unit, our first trip with it was 3000 miles round trip from home back to Wisconsin. We usually travel with a full tank of water and the fresh water tank is behind the axles and tends to take weight off of the pin. It handles fine but we get some up and down chunking on large bumps. I am redistributing some weight due to that. I have moved the spare tire from the back bumper to the front storage compartment and will throw some water into the black tank that we dump when we get to our destination. We always travel lite and have the extra room to so that isn't an issue. We have about 6500 miles on it so far without any issues other that what I described above.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #4

That's good info. Thanks
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote