Old 06-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #11

Yes, the 18K Autoslide.

I have a Retrax Pro coiling bed cover and it closes just fine with probably at least three inches of clearance. The hitch mounting brackets have three positions for adjusting the height. My installer set mine at the lowest position....I guess because the F350 4x4 is already pretty high off the ground. Looks like if set in the middle position it would still clear but would intefere with the cover on the highest hitch setting. Also depends on how thick the cover is....

2015 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX
2015 Ford F-350 4x4 SRW SWB PSD
NOLE-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #12

Thanks,
I'm still considering using the Reese adapter (haven't 100% decided on the hitch), my biggest concern is the added height of the adapter and whether I can adjust the hitch height enough for the trailer to sit level (or at least close) while towing.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #13

Got the 5vr hooked up today and determined that I need to raise the hitch to the middle height setting in order to have enough room for the back edge of the pin box to clear the side rails of the bed cover. Without the rails, the lowest setting would have provided enough clearance between the pin box and the side of the truck. There was plenty of clearance between the cab and the cap of the 5th wheel when approaching a sharp angle while turning.

When the 5vr was level, the bottom of the pin was about 51" above grade.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #14

How much does the hijacker weigh? Is it manageable to get in and out of the bed?

Sent from my EVO using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #15

Update....adjusted hitch height to middle position, but it prevents bed cover from rolling past hitch head. But....head is easily removable from base by pulling one cotter pin and removing the pivot pin....so it's a keeper. The head probably weighs 20 lbs.

Not sure about total weight, but two people could easily pick it up out of the pucks and move it to the tail gate and then once on the ground...pick it up off the tail gate and carry away. Not an item for one person to move. There are two locking arms per side that are used to lock the hitch to the pucks.....when the hitch is unlocked, the locking arms can be used like handles to move the hitch around.

So far, looks like a great product.

Tags
312bhx, f-350, hitch