Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #21

Here is the information I think you were looking for.....

cabinet is 16.75D x 34W x 35T. Top is 18.75W x36.5L. Has 4- 13 x27 doors 2 each side for huge pantry storage.

Thanks

Tomcat

Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #22

Finally - offline date of 3/15 pick up 4/14
Let the fun begin

Rochester MN
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Short Bed
2013 Wildcat 344QB - Level-up, Demco Glide-ride
Jim_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #23
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Pat View Post
Finally - offline date of 3/15 pick up 4/14
Let the fun begin
Congrats and welcome to the Wildcat family! Please post a pic to our Facebook page when you can!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #24

Picked up the 344QB this weekend - and what a time of it. Everything took longer starting from the trip down - got mixed up going through the Chicgo area, then missed our hotel. Ended up driving the entire 630 miles and 12 hours in one day.

The walk through went OK - but found it lacking and rushed. For so called "Experts" there were many systems they did not even know. Luckly I read up on most everthing and knew the trailer well enough.

When we tried to connect the trailer we found out the 5th wheel hitch was too high. After having 6 people look at it we finally found out how to adjust the hitch down. 2 hours later than I wanted to be gone and still had to drive 6 hours.

The next fun part was my own fault - told the GPS to bypass toll roads. This ended up taking us thorugh every little town and side street with stop lights that always turned red - ended up being a 7 hour trip instead of 6.

Had a nice paved parking area so unhooking the traler was easy - and the levelup is a great option. But that night.......
Stong storms 50+ MPH winds light hail and lots of lighning. The trailer rocked a little as would be expected with those high winds - but no leaks. What a great test.

The next day - went to raise the level up - and nothing happened - no power. Luckly I had a multi meter and I am (or was) pretty good at finding issues. But you grow rusty after so many years. But after following the wrong lines several time - found it was just a blown fuse. replaced that and everyting worked again.

We had another 6 hours to drive and now we had high winds from the south - and we were heading due west for the 1st 150 miles. Since this was my 1st time with a 5th wheel much less a 38 foot one - I had a little bit of a time with the wind. But keeping my speed down helped with control.

Once we turnd north things went just fine, and we made it home, just later than I wanted.

Overall - I like the trailer and it pulls well. Cannot wait to get the unit out for a weekend w/ out trying to make a defined time line.

Rochester MN
Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #25

Interesting issue
The 344qb has four slides. The two in back block the converter and fuses when closed.

So this weekend the hydo. fuse blew.

It is very hard to change that fuse when you cannot open the slides.

My question is, is there a way to move that fuse to the front of the trailer?

Put a 15 amp fuse near the hydro pump and a 30 amp fuse in the converter for example?

Rochester MN
Old 04-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Pat
It is very hard to change that fuse when you cannot open the slides.
You can always open a Wildcat's hydraulic slide rooms manually with a screw gun! It's in the manual!
http://www.lippertrepairparts.com/pd...ideout-Web.pdf

More info here:
http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...aulic&catid=34
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #27

The issue with the manual override is on the 344QB the top of the hydro moter is only about 6 inches from the top of the compartment. So even if I did have a drill - it would have been almost impossible to access. I do plan on bringing a drill and an flex tip just in case from now on.

Rochester MN
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #28

Wildcat Chris, I am hoping you can help. The sides of our formica countertop on the island are seperating from the actual top a little and we were toying with the idea of replacing it with Corian but don't know what color it is to match. Is there any way that you could tell me, we have the Sandlewood interior.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #29
JAYCO Representative

Arrow Corian by DuPont colors in Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinparidee View Post
Wildcat Chris, I am hoping you can help. The sides of our formica countertop on the island are seperating from the actual top a little and we were toying with the idea of replacing it with Corian but don't know what color it is to match. Is there any way that you could tell me, we have the Sandlewood interior.
The Corian color used in the Wildcat is called Maui (same color used with all decors):
https://www.surfacecolorselector.com...0&segment=R#tb

The Corian color used in the Sterling Edition is called Sorrel (part of the Private Collection):
https://www.surfacecolorselector.com...2&segment=R#tb
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The Corian color used in the Wildcat is called Maui (same color used with all decors):
https://www.surfacecolorselector.com...0&segment=R#tb

The Corian color used in the Sterling Edition is called Sorrel (part of the Private Collection):
https://www.surfacecolorselector.com...2&segment=R#tb
This is what it looks like:
Wall Photos | Facebook