Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #1

5 Straight Weeks Camping in 312 BHX

We picked up our 312 BHX Touring Edition with OK on May 7th and have been using it pretty much non stop since. We are actually taking this weekend off, but we will be back at it all next week at a nearby lake.

I have had a few issues that I have talked about in other posts (which will all be taken care of as soon as I get the time to take it in), but...WOW, what a camper! Not perfect, but pretty damn good I challenge anyone to find similar functionality and value that you get in the Wildcat 312. The TE just POPS out along side the other plain campers in the camping area for starters. If you have the option...order the TE, you will not be disappointed.

The OK...is just a great conversation piece with people walking by asking to take a look. I have used it every single day we have camped...IMHO, the OK is an absolute must! It is probably my favorite feature, but I like close by. BTW...I am adding a durable bottle opener somewhere nearby...maybe the bumper. Wildcat Chris... you might mention this to your design staff...it would be an inexpensive feature that people would like.

Anyways, we are very happy with it so far and by no means expected it to be perfect...but for functionality and value, I am not sure there is a better bunkhouse on the market.
Wildcat Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #2

There is no doubt that the Touring Edition and the Sterling models have knockout looks. Glad you're having a great time with your Wildcat. BTW, twist off caps don't need a bottle opener.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

Thanks! Very true about twist offs...if you drink domestics! Not so much for me.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Site Team

Sounds like you really have a grand time in it but how about sharing some pictures?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #5

5 full weeks or just the weekends? We have a 3 full weeks in Canada in the TT this July. It will be a different experience I figure, lol.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6 View Post
5 full weeks or just the weekends? We have a 3 full weeks in Canada in the TT this July. It will be a different experience I figure, lol.
We camped the first full week and then the next four weekends...with a 3 & 4 day weekend splashed in there. Next week will be a full week as well
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Thank you for your business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Blue View Post
We picked up our 312 BHX Touring Edition with OK on May 7th and have been using it pretty much non stop since. We are actually taking this weekend off, but we will be back at it all next week at a nearby lake.

I have had a few issues that I have talked about in other posts (which will all be taken care of as soon as I get the time to take it in), but...WOW, what a camper! Not perfect, but pretty damn good I challenge anyone to find similar functionality and value that you get in the Wildcat 312. The TE just POPS out along side the other plain campers in the camping area for starters. If you have the option...order the TE, you will not be disappointed.

The OK...is just a great conversation piece with people walking by asking to take a look. I have used it every single day we have camped...IMHO, the OK is an absolute must! It is probably my favorite feature, but I like close by. BTW...I am adding a durable bottle opener somewhere nearby...maybe the bumper. Wildcat Chris... you might mention this to your design staff...it would be an inexpensive feature that people would like.

Anyways, we are very happy with it so far and by no means expected it to be perfect...but for functionality and value, I am not sure there is a better bunkhouse on the market.
Thanks for your kind words! The eXtraLite 312BHX (both with and without outside kitchen) has been a big winner for us this year. So has the Touring Edition package. I'm very happy you're enjoying your Wildcat!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
JAYCO Representative

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Blue View Post
BTW...I am adding a durable bottle opener somewhere nearby...maybe the bumper. Wildcat Chris... you might mention this to your design staff...it would be an inexpensive feature that people would like.
And I agree about the bottle opener -- let me talk to my team about it!

We've already looked at this option... but she was a little too wild a cat to come standard:
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #9

We got our 312 BHX-OK in April. Aside from some minor issues it has been great. Love the layout and the space. We replaced our Outback TT with the wildcat after we were rear ended in the TT. It was a mess getting insurance worked out, but we ended up with a great trailer!
2013 - 29, 2012 - 29, 2011 - 23, 2010 - 33, 2009 -35, 2008 - 29, 2007 - 31
bka4tcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #10

The OK is wonderful! My husband has claimed it as his and my kitchen is inside. Works for me! Just wish the bunkhouse had a slideout like our old camper did and a few more outlets in living area.
hairmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
And I agree about the bottle opener -- let me talk to my team about it!

We've already looked at this option... but she was a little too wild a cat to come standard:
That's too funny!