Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfdevildog View Post
I've been wanting to put one if those levels on but was wondering how to do it with shroud. Did you go through the Pre-existing screw holes and did you make those brackets
I made the brackets from 7075-t6 aluminum used the 2 screw holes to secure it the the pin box. it was real easy to make just lots of adjustment before I got it right

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #22

Jevanb, sent you a PM
jrfdevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #23

Any of you guys had trouble with your slides coming in? Sometimes mine take a few tries to get them in all the way, even when plugged in & level. I'm not sure why?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #24

my 3 are hyd and the master is elect, never had trouble with execpt when we went to pick it up (new) a elect motor failed

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
Newbie.

I'm having a similar issue but seems to be all battery related. Either won't hold a charge or converter is not doing its job and charging the battery when trailer plugged in. Also, master slide is also a little picky-- needs to be very level or it won't move.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #26

Well mine is going back to the dealer tomorrow to get the slides looked at. Also a few other things.
Do any of you guys lube your slide rails? The dealer told my wife that I should lube them with lithium grease. But I have read that you need to use a dry lubricant or nothing at all.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #27

Mine had a screw get lodged in the track. Happened on the very first time I tried to put it in after buying it. The slide would come in a bit and then bind on one end. Dealership tech found the screw in the track.
Foley5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #28

Hey AJ 72, I hope you got your slides and other issues handled. I guess I've been lucky. The only issues I've had were self inflicted. I have a question for you or any other 293-REX owners. Where in heck is the water pump? I'm winterizing it myself this year (my first time) and I need to determine if I need a water pump conversion kit to pull antifreeze from the bottle or if it already has the required plumbing installed. It's stored in an unlit warehouse and I'll get in on Saturday while it's light to see if I can track it down.

I plan on using an air compressor and blowing each line out, then running antifreeze into the lines on my last trip of the season. Steamboat Springs, near the end of September. The aspens should be beautiful!

We've had an excellent season. One long weekend in Eastern Colorado. One trip to Utah/Nevada. One trip to Yellowstone. One GLORIOUS week in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Just about 3700 miles towing so far without serious issue (so far). If the Steamboat trip goes well, we'll have 4,050 miles this season. Not too bad for our first full summer with the camper.

Things I've learned this summer:
Leave early and slow down. You'll get there when you get there.
Invest in a TPMS System for your trailer. Thank me later. I really REALLY like the 507 system from TST. It served me very well.
Stop often. Look at historical and geological markers. Go into a tourist trap now and then.
Don't forget to enjoy the journey.
The fifth wheel is a lot of work to maintain, but so much more comfortable than the tent we used to camp in. After three nights in the tent, my wife and I were ready to come home. After seven nights in the fifth wheel we are just getting into the groove.
CO_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #29

The water pump for my 312BHX is located on the left side of the pass through storage. It's hidden behind the black cardboard/plastic partition. So, if you open the slam latch door on the driver's side of your 5iver it should be off to your right hand side. Exposing it just involved removing some screws.

I blow out my water lines as well. Just remember to keep the air pressure around 20 psi.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #30

I'll take a look Foley 5K. Thanks for the tip!
I'll keep the pressure low my friend... thanks again!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #31

Btw, I liked your recount of the things you have learned. All good pointers!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Brian View Post
Things I've learned this summer:
Leave early and slow down. You'll get there when you get there.
Invest in a TPMS System for your trailer. Thank me later. I really REALLY like the 507 system from TST. It served me very well.
Stop often. Look at historical and geological markers. Go into a tourist trap now and then.
Don't forget to enjoy the journey.
The fifth wheel is a lot of work to maintain, but so much more comfortable than the tent we used to camp in. After three nights in the tent, my wife and I were ready to come home. After seven nights in the fifth wheel we are just getting into the groove.
Great tips!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley5000 View Post
The water pump for my 312BHX is located on the left side of the pass through storage. It's hidden behind the black cardboard/plastic partition. So, if you open the slam latch door on the driver's side of your 5iver it should be off to your right hand side. Exposing it just involved removing some screws.

I blow out my water lines as well. Just remember to keep the air pressure around 20 psi.
Thanks so much! Foley5000!!

It was right where you said it would be. So unfortunately, one week from today, I'll be winterizing it and then coming home from the last trip of the season.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #34

No problem, glad you found it! Good luck on your last trip. I have two or three left before the melancholy winterizing ritual.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #35

I'm kind of looking forward to winterizing her. As of this very instant, I'm also looking forward to fall and winter. I hope we actually get a fall this year. Historically we go from 85 one day to snow the next. You'll want to avoid me near the end of January though. I'll be fed up with below zero temps and ready to pack everything up and move south!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #36

We just closed on a 2014 293REX hopefully will try it out the following weekend. I had traded a 2013 Crossroads due to constant maintenance issues and can't wait to take it out on it's first trip. On the bumper of mine there is a sticker that warned of putting aftermarket attachments on will void the warranty. FR has a bike rack but I haven't looked into it.
2014 Wildcat 293REX
davec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #37
JAYCO Representative

New 293REX "glamour" photo!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #38

Very nice wildcat and TV. Picture perfect.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #39

OOOO Looks nice!!!