Old 06-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #1

Any 2013 Forrest River Wildcat Ultralite 293 REX owners on here?

I am new here, and wondering if there are any members on here with the same trailer?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #2

Here's mine.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #3

We've got a 2011.
We love it!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #4

Nice! Any changes from 2011-13 that you know of? Any thing about this particular trailer I should know about? I'm new to the whole trailer thing....
Old 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #5

I'm not really sure if there have been changes. Once we pulled the trigger we stopped looking at anything. This trailer is our first also and we learn more every time we take it out. Spend some quality time with the information that your dealer provided. When all else fails, google the part that you have questions on. One thing that saved our bacon is before we ever took it out, we hit a walmart parking lot at midnight with traffic cones. I could practice my backing up and my wife and I could get a communication system down. Now, the hardest part about backing into a site is making myself wait until the 5er is set up before cracking a cold one.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #6

CO_Brian, So I assume that you have the outdoor kitchen on your trailer? Do you have a TV installed in there? Ours came with the mount, but no TV. So I picked up a cheap 24" TV to install. I thought it might be cool for our kids to watch a movie outside from time to time. But there is no way to play a DVD on the inside stereo/DVD player and watch it on the outdoor TV that I can see? I guess I'll have to buy a cheap DVD player for that TV. Any insight on this?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #7

Yes sir!
Ours came with a TV installed in the outside kitchen, but I can't tell you how it works. We've never turned it on. Heck, we didn't turn on the TV in the trailer for over a year. We're prepping for a trip to Yellowstone at the end of this month. In the next couple of days I'll open up the outdoor kitchen and take a look. I think I remember some cables up in there.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ 72 View Post
CO_Brian, So I assume that you have the outdoor kitchen on your trailer? Do you have a TV installed in there? Ours came with the mount, but no TV. So I picked up a cheap 24" TV to install. I thought it might be cool for our kids to watch a movie outside from time to time. But there is no way to play a DVD on the inside stereo/DVD player and watch it on the outdoor TV that I can see? I guess I'll have to buy a cheap DVD player for that TV. Any insight on this?
If you can, think about returning the 24" TV and buying a TV/DVD combo. That way, there's only 1 piece of equipment to deal with.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you can, think about returning the 24" TV and buying a TV/DVD combo. That way, there's only 1 piece of equipment to deal with.
Thanks, I looked at a tv w/ built in DVD. It is heavier, bulkier so I am worried it will fall off the mount when folded up during travel. Plus the salesman said they were junk. I will just buy a cheap blu ray then I can use it I the bedroom or the outdoor kitchen.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Brian View Post
Yes sir!
Ours came with a TV installed in the outside kitchen, but I can't tell you how it works. We've never turned it on. Heck, we didn't turn on the TV in the trailer for over a year. We're prepping for a trip to Yellowstone at the end of this month. In the next couple of days I'll open up the outdoor kitchen and take a look. I think I remember some cables up in there.
No worries, the only cable hook up in mine is for satellite/ cable.

I'll fire another question at you. Do you have a hitch reciever on the back of your trailer? I am looking for the best way to haul 4 bikes on the back of ours. I'm wondering if adding a hitch will negate the frame warranty? I've read the bike carriers of the bumper aren't very good....