Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #201
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by burger View Post
Hi Wildcat Chris,

I have a 2006 Wildcat 32QBSS I purchased new and the side walls are delaminating. I contacted Rod Batts and he said too bad its not under warranty and FR will not do anything. I have heard from others FR repaired their delamination issues out of warranty. Why won't they fix mine? What can I do? I paid $35K new for this thing. It looks like hell and every time I go camping people notice it. Is this the kind of advertising Forest River wants?

Eric
So let me get this straight.
6 year old camper.
Delamination noticed this year
No photos of roof or seams to show it has been well maintained
No reciepts to show roof membrane maintenance
Yet somehow this is all FR's fault
First post on the forum is to flame FR for not fixing your camper for free
Did I get all that right?
Just want to be fair.
Let me know how this all turns out.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #202

herk7769

No it did not just start. The delamination has been going on since 2007 and I have tried several times to get it addressed by FR, dealer, and BBB.

My trailer has been well maintained and inspected everytime I wash and wax it, which by the way is monthly.

My first post on this site because I was searching for help.

Did you get it right? No you are clueless. I am looking for help here, not trying to start anything.

Yes I do consider it FR's fault, if you do some research you would know this is a problem and not just caused by water damage.

I believe the thread started was to help people.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, but don't treat me like I have no clue what I am talking about. I have been in aviation maintenance for over 30 years and know a little about maintaining something.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #203
Site Team - Lou

I am sorry, I was touchy this morning.

7 phone calls to judge elections today; starting last night at 9PM.

Good luck with your attempt at resolution.
I still feel you will have an uphill fight on your hands.

Unusual that I get that testy with a post.
I should report myself.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #204
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsrvsupplies View Post
Hi Chris
We spoke on the forum earlier this month regards 28 RKBS Wildcat, Ihave a couple of issues that we have encountered
1. The shower tray leaks, the topstep into the bedroom becomes wet when shower is used, I have looked at the waste for leaks and found nothing -does the tray have an upstand lip on the back could this be cracked?
2. Low water pressure in the bathroom sink all other water oulets including the shower real good pressure
vin 4x4fncd25cv026097
Thanks
Bill
Please send a private message with your contact information and VIN and I'll forward to our service department!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #205
JAYCO Representative

Arrow See the manual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack67 View Post
have a 2006 Wildcat 5th wheel and I believe the solenoid on the hydraulic pump has gone out. The slide is out and the jacks are up. It there an override or a someway I can manually bring the slide in and the jack down.
Hydraulic slide rooms can be run in manually. See the manual here:
http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...ideout-Web.pdf

Here's the information (without images) from the Owner's Manual:

Quote:
The Lippert Hydro-Sync Slideout System can be run with auxiliary power devices like a heavy duty electric drill. In the event of electrical or system failure, this manual method of extending and retracting the slideout room can be used. A standard handheld drill is all that is required. A standard 38" room will take approximately 45 seconds to retract. See the instructions below.
Fig. 5

1. Remove protective label. (See Fig. 5).

2. Using a standard hex bit, insert into auxiliary drive device, i.e.heavy duty electric drill

3. Insert hex bit into coupler found under protective label, Fig. 6

4. Run drill forward or clockwise to extend jacks and in reverse or counterclockwise to retract jacks.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #206

repairing sterling gel coat

chris, just got a 2012 wildcat sterling edition 32rl, would you know if theres a repair kit for the gel coat, to repair dip scratches. thanx john (note iam new to the forum and realy new to posting so if i did this wrong sorry)
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #207
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Contact your Wildcat dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyjohn View Post
chris, just got a 2012 wildcat sterling edition 32rl, would you know if theres a repair kit for the gel coat, to repair dip scratches. thanx john (note iam new to the forum and realy new to posting so if i did this wrong sorry)
Please have your Wildcat dealer contact Forest River service for the best advice on this! Scratches are usually a fairly easy fix when done by a professional.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Please send a private message with your contact information and VIN and I'll forward to our service department!
For BILLSRVSUPPLIES,

Have you checked the water lines going to your shower faucet? A lot of times these are not tight and water seeps at the connections and gathers on the plastic sheet under shower. After a while it has no where to go so it ends up seeping out underneath the shower gettting the carpet wet.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #209

Hey Chris just wondering where i would get a dust cap i beleive it is. Black cap that goes in the middle of the rim of trailer tire. I just picked up my trailer last Thursday drove it home and noticed that i am missing one cap on one of the wheels?? Also i believe there is suppose to be a cover for the garbage slot in the counter? I am missing one of those as well. I phoned and emailed my dealer but haven't heard back from them??? Guess once you are out the door you are on your own I know it cant cost much so i will buy one if it is easier then warrenty it?? Let me know i live in Canada, Alberta.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #210
JAYCO Representative

Red face Send me your info via PRIVATE MESSAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbomb View Post
Hey Chris just wondering where i would get a dust cap i beleive it is. Black cap that goes in the middle of the rim of trailer tire. I just picked up my trailer last Thursday drove it home and noticed that i am missing one cap on one of the wheels?? Also i believe there is suppose to be a cover for the garbage slot in the counter? I am missing one of those as well. I phoned and emailed my dealer but haven't heard back from them??? Guess once you are out the door you are on your own I know it cant cost much so i will buy one if it is easier then warrenty it?? Let me know i live in Canada, Alberta.
Please send me your VIN# and contact info (include a shipping address please!) via private message and I'll get this turned over to my service team...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #211

Hey Chris i have some questions about my fifth wheel. I bought from the states and had it delivered to the Canada/USA border so i didn't get the rundown on how everything works. Need help with some things.

1. How to read the monitoring panel that is on my model wildcat?? I push the test switch but dont know what the likes mean??
2. How the tank less hot water heater works??
3. Any maintenance i have to do to the RV before i head out first trip??
I got the propane filled and got the furnace working, stove, fridge. I got the slides all out work fine.
4. What should i do to test the water pump and make sure eveything works there good??
Thanks Chris!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #212

Hey Chris so i got the monitoring system figured out thanks to some helpful guys on here!!! I love this forum!!!! The only thing i am wondering about is

1. Is there away of sucking out of a jug or pail from the water pump?
2. When i kick the pump in i can hear it running but not getting nothing at the kitchen tap??
3. Why on a new camper would there be 2/3 Fresh water in tank, 1/3 Holding tank and grey empty?? Is this just from dealer testing system?
4. Is there 2 holding tanks cause i have 2 bathrooms??

Thanks Chris!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #213

2nd A/C Unit

Hi Chris,
I have a new 2013 344QB and noticed that the single A/C doesn't cool as well as I am used to. The unit is all the way in the back and it doesn't cool the front bedroom very well so I was wondering which unit do I need to purchase for the 2nd A/C option. Also would it use the same thermostat or a seperate one and if so where is the wiring located for it? I have found the 2nd A/C location in the front bedroom but not sure if it would connect to the duct work or if it would be a stand alone unit.

Thanks
Scott Johnson
2013 Wildcat 344QB
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #214

Hey Chris

Just wondering if you found out anything about my missing items on my RV when i took delivery?? I have yet to hear anything??
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #215

We just received our 312-BHX. When I connect my iPhone 4 to the Built in Jenson entertainment system and try and play a video, I get the following on screen message: "hdmi unsupport ipod video ,please change to cvbs"

What is cvbs? And how do I switch to it to watch downloaded videos?

Thanks
Rex
Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbomb
Hey Chris

Just wondering if you found out anything about my missing items on my RV when i took delivery?? I have yet to hear anything??
With all due respect and maybe I totally missed something and for that I apologize but why do folks on the forum ask mfg rep/sales/marketing/tech a lot of questions and expect immediate results?

This forum as I understand is not owned/ operated by forest river. If there is generalized questions someone from FR will step in but if it's individualized units it's best through pm or email. Maybe I am totally wrong, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #217
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
With all due respect and maybe I totally missed something and for that I apologize but why do folks on the forum ask mfg rep/sales/marketing/tech a lot of questions and expect immediate results?

This forum as I understand is not owned/ operated by forest river. If there is generalized questions someone from FR will step in but if it's individualized units it's best through pm or email. Maybe I am totally wrong, please correct me if I am wrong.
No, you have it exactly right.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post

There is a lot more to this story man!! i am trying to get a point across and though maybe if i post in public i will get some results!!!! Thanks for your concern though
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #219
Jeffco, MO

One should read the first entry by Wildcat Chris. I met Chris during my factory tour and was very impressed with his dedication to customer service. There can be a fine line between a specific problem or possibly a general problem that others on the forum could answer. I agree if there is a specific problem, then the person should sent a private message to Chris with all particulars, model and VIN. We should also realize that Chris is a very busy person and this forum is only one of many ways he communicates to customers. I would also agree that the forum is for helpful and interesting information about our Wildcats and not a venting outlet.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
Old 05-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #220
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstr View Post
One should read the first entry by Wildcat Chris. I met Chris during my factory tour and was very impressed with his dedication to customer service. There can be a fine line between a specific problem or possibly a general problem that others on the forum could answer. I agree if there is a specific problem, then the person should sent a private message to Chris with all particulars, model and VIN. We should also realize that Chris is a very busy person and this forum is only one of many ways he communicates to customers. I would also agree that the forum is for helpful and interesting information about our Wildcats and not a venting outlet.
Agreed !
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat