Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #11

They aren't "under-inflated" if they aren't fully loaded.

And I don't even understand the whole point of this thread. If the tire companies won't warranty your tires because they claim you ARE running them under-inflated, why are you on FR's arse to tell you what pressure to run in the tires, as they simply go by the manufacturer's numbers anyway?
And what does your TPMS warranty have to do with your tire pressure?
You ain't making any sense!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #12

By the way, sorry to Chris for cluttering up his board with this nonsense. I am done with this waste of time.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm with crocus
confused
Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
JAYCO Representative

Arrow Wildcat tire discussion

No worries. I'm glad to see some discussion (and progress) was made while I was unavailable.

Unfortunately, since the original tires were changed, I don't have much to add to the discussion. I've put in a call to our tire and wheel supplier for advice. We don't inflate the tires here since they're delivered to us with NitroFill (nitrogen-filled, which helps maintain tire pressure and reduces running temp). See this web site for more on that: Nitrogen Filled Tires: FAQs

It's worth noting that all new Wildcats feature 'E' rated, 10-ply tires, even on our standard 15" wheels (see stats below). We believe this is an industry first!
TIRES: ST225/75R15/E
RIMS: 15X6.0JJ
PRESSURE: 80 psi (550 kPa)

We've also been exploring an American-made tire upgrade. They are indeed available, but very expensive. I'll post more about that as information becomes available.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #15

Chris

I have another question about my 2011 Sterling 32RL. Why is the backing so small for the bedroom TV wall mount? I was going to by a 32 inch but decided on a 22 inch and good thing as the backing plate to screw in for the 22 inch is too small. I have to use the base and take the TV down every time we break camp.

Is it not just a piece of plywood that is back there? It would have been nice if FR put a removable plastic decal to show were I can drill rather than pilot holes. Thanks.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremebike View Post
Chris

I have another question about my 2011 Sterling 32RL. Why is the backing so small for the bedroom TV wall mount? I was going to by a 32 inch but decided on a 22 inch and good thing as the backing plate to screw in for the 22 inch is too small. I have to use the base and take the TV down every time we break camp.

Is it not just a piece of plywood that is back there? It would have been nice if FR put a removable plastic decal to show were I can drill rather than pilot holes. Thanks.
You should be able to feel the plywood TV backer in the vacuum-bonded wall. A 22"-26" TV is intended for that location -- I'm not sure a 32" will fit. On all Wildcats coming offline, there is a decal showing where the TV backer location is -- you can even see it in photos on some dealers' web sites. Unfortunately, it's possible that this decal fell off or was removed (or even worse, wasn't applied at the factory ).

I'll make production aware of this and see what can be done to make this better in the future!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #17

Option for high gloss filon?

Chris,
I currently own a rockwood 2601 and am looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel. I've settled on the wildcat 282rk but have been disappointed with the finish on the rockwood becoming dull after a few years. I'm concerned that the few older wildcats i've seen have the same issue as the std filon doesn't weather as well as the highgloss materials.. This is the only thing really holding me back at this time. I see forestriver offers the highgloss filon on othe models and wanted to see what's possible for me to custom order with the upgraded filon material? I'm willing to pay the cost difference as this would likely be cheaper (and better) than my only other option which is to have someone paint it when new (likely this option will drive me to buy something else as the cost of removing and replacing the graphics will be prohibitive).

I've asked my local dealer to check into this but had no response. Hoping you can help me out

A loyal forest river customer
Ross
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktmpilot View Post
Chris,
I currently own a rockwood 2601 and am looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel. I've settled on the wildcat 282rk but have been disappointed with the finish on the rockwood becoming dull after a few years. I'm concerned that the few older wildcats i've seen have the same issue as the std filon doesn't weather as well as the highgloss materials.. This is the only thing really holding me back at this time. I see forestriver offers the highgloss filon on othe models and wanted to see what's possible for me to custom order with the upgraded filon material? I'm willing to pay the cost difference as this would likely be cheaper (and better) than my only other option which is to have someone paint it when new (likely this option will drive me to buy something else as the cost of removing and replacing the graphics will be prohibitive).

I've asked my local dealer to check into this but had no response. Hoping you can help me out

A loyal forest river customer
Ross
Thanks for the question and info. I've answered your question here:
Upgraded filon option for wildcat?
The Wildcat Sterling Edition models are all high-gloss gel coat!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #19

Sterling32RK

Hi Chris. We have just purchased a 2011 Sterling 32RK. Above and to the right of the entry door is a white access hole. Picture attached. Can you tell me why it would be there? I have not seen this on any other 32RK Sterlings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2474.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	9589  
Hijacker double pivot slider
Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatstomper View Post
Hi Chris. We have just purchased a 2011 Sterling 32RK. Above and to the right of the entry door is a white access hole. Picture attached. Can you tell me why it would be there? I have not seen this on any other 32RK Sterlings
I'll have to check with production on this. Please send me a private message with your contact info and VIN so I have a reference point to work from.

Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat