Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 1,283
They aren't "under-inflated" if they aren't fully loaded.

And I don't even understand the whole point of this thread. If the tire companies won't warranty your tires because they claim you ARE running them under-inflated, why are you on FR's arse to tell you what pressure to run in the tires, as they simply go by the manufacturer's numbers anyway?
And what does your TPMS warranty have to do with your tire pressure?
You ain't making any sense!
__________________

__________________
crocus is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 1,283
By the way, sorry to Chris for cluttering up his board with this nonsense. I am done with this waste of time.
__________________

__________________
crocus is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
I'm with crocus
confused
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Arrow Wildcat tire discussion

No worries. I'm glad to see some discussion (and progress) was made while I was unavailable.

Unfortunately, since the original tires were changed, I don't have much to add to the discussion. I've put in a call to our tire and wheel supplier for advice. We don't inflate the tires here since they're delivered to us with NitroFill (nitrogen-filled, which helps maintain tire pressure and reduces running temp). See this web site for more on that: Nitrogen Filled Tires: FAQs

It's worth noting that all new Wildcats feature 'E' rated, 10-ply tires, even on our standard 15" wheels (see stats below). We believe this is an industry first!
TIRES: ST225/75R15/E
RIMS: 15X6.0JJ
PRESSURE: 80 psi (550 kPa)


We've also been exploring an American-made tire upgrade. They are indeed available, but very expensive. I'll post more about that as information becomes available.
Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
extremebike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 234
Chris

I have another question about my 2011 Sterling 32RL. Why is the backing so small for the bedroom TV wall mount? I was going to by a 32 inch but decided on a 22 inch and good thing as the backing plate to screw in for the 22 inch is too small. I have to use the base and take the TV down every time we break camp.

Is it not just a piece of plywood that is back there? It would have been nice if FR put a removable plastic decal to show were I can drill rather than pilot holes. Thanks.
__________________
regards,
Extremebike

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremebike View Post
Chris

I have another question about my 2011 Sterling 32RL. Why is the backing so small for the bedroom TV wall mount? I was going to by a 32 inch but decided on a 22 inch and good thing as the backing plate to screw in for the 22 inch is too small. I have to use the base and take the TV down every time we break camp.

Is it not just a piece of plywood that is back there? It would have been nice if FR put a removable plastic decal to show were I can drill rather than pilot holes. Thanks.
You should be able to feel the plywood TV backer in the vacuum-bonded wall. A 22"-26" TV is intended for that location -- I'm not sure a 32" will fit. On all Wildcats coming offline, there is a decal showing where the TV backer location is -- you can even see it in photos on some dealers' web sites. Unfortunately, it's possible that this decal fell off or was removed (or even worse, wasn't applied at the factory ).

I'll make production aware of this and see what can be done to make this better in the future!
Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Option for high gloss filon?

Chris,
I currently own a rockwood 2601 and am looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel. I've settled on the wildcat 282rk but have been disappointed with the finish on the rockwood becoming dull after a few years. I'm concerned that the few older wildcats i've seen have the same issue as the std filon doesn't weather as well as the highgloss materials.. This is the only thing really holding me back at this time. I see forestriver offers the highgloss filon on othe models and wanted to see what's possible for me to custom order with the upgraded filon material? I'm willing to pay the cost difference as this would likely be cheaper (and better) than my only other option which is to have someone paint it when new (likely this option will drive me to buy something else as the cost of removing and replacing the graphics will be prohibitive).

I've asked my local dealer to check into this but had no response. Hoping you can help me out

A loyal forest river customer
Ross
__________________
530ktmpilot is offline  
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktmpilot View Post
Chris,
I currently own a rockwood 2601 and am looking to upgrade to a 5th wheel. I've settled on the wildcat 282rk but have been disappointed with the finish on the rockwood becoming dull after a few years. I'm concerned that the few older wildcats i've seen have the same issue as the std filon doesn't weather as well as the highgloss materials.. This is the only thing really holding me back at this time. I see forestriver offers the highgloss filon on othe models and wanted to see what's possible for me to custom order with the upgraded filon material? I'm willing to pay the cost difference as this would likely be cheaper (and better) than my only other option which is to have someone paint it when new (likely this option will drive me to buy something else as the cost of removing and replacing the graphics will be prohibitive).

I've asked my local dealer to check into this but had no response. Hoping you can help me out

A loyal forest river customer
Ross
Thanks for the question and info. I've answered your question here:
Upgraded filon option for wildcat?
The Wildcat Sterling Edition models are all high-gloss gel coat!
Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #19
Member
 
hatstomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 88
Sterling32RK

Hi Chris. We have just purchased a 2011 Sterling 32RK. Above and to the right of the entry door is a white access hole. Picture attached. Can you tell me why it would be there? I have not seen this on any other 32RK Sterlings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2474.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	9589  
__________________
Jim
2011 Chev 3500HD LTZ Duramax
2013 Sterling 32RK
Hijacker double pivot slider
hatstomper is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatstomper View Post
Hi Chris. We have just purchased a 2011 Sterling 32RK. Above and to the right of the entry door is a white access hole. Picture attached. Can you tell me why it would be there? I have not seen this on any other 32RK Sterlings
I'll have to check with production on this. Please send me a private message with your contact info and VIN so I have a reference point to work from.
__________________

Wildcat Chris is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.