Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #231
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesj View Post
I'm new at this. 27ft 2002 wildcat fifthwheel. while traveling side panel came loose and began rolling off befor i could stop. Findings- aprox. 2+ ft. of plywood deterioated. one side fiberclass torn aprox 3ft. Other side loose not torn but plywood rotten abt 2 ft back. HELP!!
I understand no warranty; Is there a known fix or is there a layout or print on the sides showing the supports ect. so we can tell where to repair to.
__________________

__________________
jonesj is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #232
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesj View Post
I understand no warranty; Is there a known fix or is there a layout or print on the sides showing the supports ect. so we can tell where to repair to.
As recommended before, please see your nearest Wildcat or Forest River dealer for more assistance. They should be able to call in for anything they aren't familiar with!
__________________

Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #233
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
Chris, We have a 2006 29 RLBS. Is the slideout frame made of wood or metal? The reason I ask is I have some delaminating in the corner of the living room slideout. I have found no leaks and with cabinets across the inside I see no water stains etc... On our trip last year we had a lot of condensation in the cabinets and especially in the area were the delaminating has taken place. Can you have delaminating without a leak? The delaminating is about 12 inches by 12 inches at the most. I did notice that the white covering on top of the slideout is not sticking anymore in that area(corner), but it is still attached and sealed good. Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks, Tom
__________________
mga60tw is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #234
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga60tw View Post
Chris, We have a 2006 29 RLBS. Is the slideout frame made of wood or metal? The reason I ask is I have some delaminating in the corner of the living room slideout. I have found no leaks and with cabinets across the inside I see no water stains etc... On our trip last year we had a lot of condensation in the cabinets and especially in the area were the delaminating has taken place. Can you have delaminating without a leak? The delaminating is about 12 inches by 12 inches at the most. I did notice that the white covering on top of the slideout is not sticking anymore in that area(corner), but it is still attached and sealed good. Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks, Tom
Wildcat's slide rooms use the same 2" vacuum-bond lamination process as our sidewalls. While alumimum framing is used, there is also wood present in the build.

I would recommend seeing a reputable Wildcat or Forest River dealer to further assess the situation. Obviously, water and moisture of any kind is our enemy. Hopefully, they'll be able to find a solution for you.
Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #235
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Hey Chris,

Just received our Wildcat Sterling 32RK Wednesday and could not be more thrilled!!!! We do have a couple of questions - we did not receive the CatSense feature on our entry door - is it not available on the 2013 models? Also, does the TV in the main living area pull out and/or swivel? We also ordered the TV mounted in the bedroom- how does the bracket work there? We are looking so forward to camping this weekend in our new camper!!!!
__________________
CampinQueen is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #236
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinQueen View Post
Hey Chris,

Just received our Wildcat Sterling 32RK Wednesday and could not be more thrilled!!!! We do have a couple of questions - we did not receive the CatSense feature on our entry door - is it not available on the 2013 models? Also, does the TV in the main living area pull out and/or swivel? We also ordered the TV mounted in the bedroom- how does the bracket work there? We are looking so forward to camping this weekend in our new camper!!!!
I'm happy to hear you got your Wildcat! Please post a photo of it here or on our Facebook page when you have a chance. CatSense was discontinued before the model change -- I do not have an exact date. The TV in the main area of the 32RK does not pull out or swivel; it's attached with an "H" bracket to the wall. I'm unsure what bracket was used in your bedroom to mount the TV as that's not a factory standard or option, but I'll ask the production team next week!
Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #237
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris
I'm happy to hear you got your Wildcat! Please post a photo of it here or on our Facebook page when you have a chance. CatSense was discontinued before the model change -- I do not have an exact date. The TV in the main area of the 32RK does not pull out or swivel; it's attached with an "H" bracket to the wall. I'm unsure what bracket was used in your bedroom to mount the TV as that's not a factory standard or option, but I'll ask the production team next week!

Thanks Chris.....we are on our first camping trip in our new Sterling this weekend!!! Have not found a thing that disappoints us!!!

It's one great camper......love it!!
__________________
CampinQueen is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #238
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris
I'm happy to hear you got your Wildcat! Please post a photo of it here or on our Facebook page when you have a chance. CatSense was discontinued before the model change -- I do not have an exact date. The TV in the main area of the 32RK does not pull out or swivel; it's attached with an "H" bracket to the wall. I'm unsure what bracket was used in your bedroom to mount the TV as that's not a factory standard or option, but I'll ask the production team next week!
So Chris my husband now wants to know how to get to the back of the TV to attach our Dish Network receiver with an HDMI cable!! Thanks so much for your help AND patience.
__________________
CampinQueen is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #239
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 51
To get the tv out, you just lift straight up. I had to remove our tv last week. The H bracket has upside down tear drop cuts in it that the tv slides down into. I found that if you give it a quick jerk upwards it comes right out as it is tight.
Bob
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 29MK
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4 D/A
4x4man is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #240
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16
Where do we get a 2007 brochure? Our dealer is getting a used one and want to see floor plan before taking wife in to see.
__________________

__________________
gasa765 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.