Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I apologize for my lack of follow up here recently. I know my inbox was jammed up over the last couple of weeks. My father, a long-time RV industry veteran and my personal hero, passed away recently. I've been doing catch up in all areas of my professional life.

I'm very proud of his accomplishments and I know most of you here have either seen his work or possibly even own some of it currently. Here's the news story from RV Business: Barth Known as ‘Pioneer’ in RV Graphic Design | RV Business

Thank you for your patience while I catch up!

My Condolences Chris. Very sorry for your loss!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #502

Here is a easy question Chris. My spare tire always bends the small metal retaining bar when in transport. It actually bends it so much it pops out of the rear of the spare tire center area for which it was meant to retain. Is there a heavier plate you are using now? It would make no sense to use the same thickness metal to replace the one now because it will happen again. Will send you pics if need be! My 312BHX-OK Wildcat is a 2013 as well.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #503

Quote:
I apologize for my lack of follow up here recently. I know my inbox was jammed up over the last couple of weeks. My father, a long-time RV industry veteran and my personal hero, passed away recently. I've been doing catch up in all areas of my professional life.

I'm very proud of his accomplishments and I know most of you here have either seen his work or possibly even own some of it currently. Here's the news story from RV Business: Barth Known as ‘Pioneer’ in RV Graphic Design | RV Business

Condolences to you and your family Chris. I hope you didn't take our "no graphics" request personally - we just want to personalize it.

We've scheduled a factory visit for the 27th - hope to meet you on that trip.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #504
PPST OGCDG

Quote:

Chris we are sorry to hear the news of your Father. May our prayers be with you and your family.

We also want to Thank You for the wonderful Wildcat Factory Tour that you carried us on the week of the F.R.O.G. Rally. Be sure to relay to the Wildcat Plant Staff that we were very impressed on how they make Wildcat 5th wheels.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #505

Hey Chris...was wondering if you have an easy fix for ceiling issues in our 2013Wildcat Sterling 32RK? Our ceiling is "wrinkling" next to the strips that hide the seams. Don't think it's anything other than cosmetic but would like to get it looking a little better, if possible. Other than this issue, we have been more than satisfied with our purchase. We are in our second camping season and still LOVE this camper. Was really disappointed when Wildcat stopped production on the Sterling. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #506
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
Here is a easy question Chris. My spare tire always bends the small metal retaining bar when in transport. It actually bends it so much it pops out of the rear of the spare tire center area for which it was meant to retain. Is there a heavier plate you are using now? It would make no sense to use the same thickness metal to replace the one now because it will happen again. Will send you pics if need be! My 312BHX-OK Wildcat is a 2013 as well.
Please send me a private message with your full contact information and VIN# so I can have someone from service assist you!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #507
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
Condolences to you and your family Chris. I hope you didn't take our "no graphics" request personally - we just want to personalize it.

We've scheduled a factory visit for the 27th - hope to meet you on that trip.
I appreciate the condolences and didn't take it personally at all! I'm glad we can help you with your requests. Looking forward to meeting you at the factory next week!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #508
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
Chris we are sorry to hear the news of your Father. May our prayers be with you and your family.

We also want to Thank You for the wonderful Wildcat Factory Tour that you carried us on the week of the F.R.O.G. Rally. Be sure to relay to the Wildcat Plant Staff that we were very impressed on how they make Wildcat 5th wheels.
Thank you for coming for a visit, Frank! I'm glad we had a nice turnout for the tour. I'll let the team here know you were impressed. I appreciate you saying so! Also: shhhh about the special new unit you guys saw -- I'll be releasing new information about it ASAP! Looking forward to touring more F.R.O.G. members in the future!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #509
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinQueen View Post
Hey Chris...was wondering if you have an easy fix for ceiling issues in our 2013Wildcat Sterling 32RK? Our ceiling is "wrinkling" next to the strips that hide the seams. Don't think it's anything other than cosmetic but would like to get it looking a little better, if possible. Other than this issue, we have been more than satisfied with our purchase. We are in our second camping season and still LOVE this camper. Was really disappointed when Wildcat stopped production on the Sterling. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Please send me your complete contact information and VIN# and I'll have our service department give you a call for advice on how to help. I haven't heard about this issue before, so I'm interested to see what help they can give you.

Thanks for your kind words about the Sterling Edition. It was an awesome limited edition that was successful enough to go longer than expected. Although it's no longer in production, we incorporated many of the upgrade items into our standard build now. Perhaps there will be another special edition unit again soon...
Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #510
Camping and Racing :)

Hello Chris we are 3 weeks in with our 2014 Wildcat 26FBS and really loving it. I'd like to offer one small piece of feedback to your department.

There is a aluminum checkerplate "beauty cover" installed on the rear bumper. This cover is attached using rivits. Can you inform your R&D Team that when they use the rivits to attach this they protrude into the bumper tube far enough that you cant store your sewer hose there.

I will be removing the "beauty cover" so that i can retain the sewer hose storage the rear bumper is so popular for.

Thanks!
James
Old 08-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #511

Hey Chris - we purchase a Wildcat 327CK a couple of months ago. Love it so-far. A couple of questions though.
#1 - There are the words "Touring Edition" on the front. I can't find information anywhere how/where the "Touring Edition" is different than a standard.
#2 - Why does the Jensen TV need to be on to play a MP3 disk in the stereo unit. If we turn off the TV the radio unit shut off as well. If we leave the source selector on anything but the AV1 MP3 info screen, the TV shuts down as a power saving thing after a few minutes, and the MP3 disk player shuts down. We would like to listen to the MP3 disk without the blare of the TV screen.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #512
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black X View Post
Hello Chris we are 3 weeks in with our 2014 Wildcat 26FBS and really loving it. I'd like to offer one small piece of feedback to your department.

There is a aluminum checkerplate "beauty cover" installed on the rear bumper. This cover is attached using rivits. Can you inform your R&D Team that when they use the rivits to attach this they protrude into the bumper tube far enough that you cant store your sewer hose there.

I will be removing the "beauty cover" so that i can retain the sewer hose storage the rear bumper is so popular for.

Thanks!
James
I've forwarded this information to the "West Coast" Wildcat team. Wildcat Steve, another forum member and Forest River sales rep, is the representative from that plant.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #513
JAYCO Representative

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Wildcat View Post
Hey Chris - we purchase a Wildcat 327CK a couple of months ago. Love it so-far. A couple of questions though.
#1 - There are the words "Touring Edition" on the front. I can't find information anywhere how/where the "Touring Edition" is different than a standard.
#2 - Why does the Jensen TV need to be on to play a MP3 disk in the stereo unit. If we turn off the TV the radio unit shut off as well. If we leave the source selector on anything but the AV1 MP3 info screen, the TV shuts down as a power saving thing after a few minutes, and the MP3 disk player shuts down. We would like to listen to the MP3 disk without the blare of the TV screen.
#1: The Touring Edition was a limited edition run Wildcat produced in late 2011 and half of 2012. The Touring Edition units came with some upgraded features, the most noticable being colored caps and skirts with the most important being LED lighting throughout. Those items were so popular that they were made standard late last summer. Here's more info on it that I posted on these forums:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-19152.html

#2: I'm going to have to communicate with my Jensen rep for some help on this one... Are you using an iPod/iPhone with the dock connector or the USB input for MP3 music?
Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #514

We have not used the iPod connection or the USB. We have the music mp3's on a cd disk.

Jim
2015 Camp Nights: 175
2016 Camp Nights: 121
Old 08-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #515

cts trash on 312bhx

This is less of a question and more of a suggestion, but, we are in the process of purchasing a 312bhx and were looking a place for a garbage can. We noticed a large empty space in the corner of the cabinets where, if it were me, I would have put a trash can with a hole in the counter top and flush covered like the sink. There would even be room for an outside door like on the 337FB if the speaker was moved. Why was this not considered on this design? Once I get the camper, I will be looking at some modifications but can't wait to take delivery! The Wildcat line are nice campers with a decent price point.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #516

We noticed that same "captured space" when looking at the 312 - even just a door on the cabinets as you come in would be nice but your idea for garbage is better yet.

Laundry is our other concern. Our current Rockwood has a hole in the floor under the sink so we can stow a laundry basket underneath for capturing dirties. Not sure how we'll handle it in the 312.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
We noticed that same "captured space" when looking at the 312 - even just a door on the cabinets as you come in would be nice but your idea for garbage is better yet.

Laundry is our other concern. Our current Rockwood has a hole in the floor under the sink so we can stow a laundry basket underneath for capturing dirties. Not sure how we'll handle it in the 312.
I was thinking of doing that very same thing. I plan on looking to move or eliminate the outlet and either put a door there or clean up the inside for just a slide in trash can. You would have to walk around the counter to use it, but it's better than nothing. It really is wasted space and with a RV, no space can be wasted!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #518

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
Condolences to you and your family Chris, from Sue & myself, just wanted to thank you for the tour, Sue & I thought it was amazing, what you & your team can do in such a small space, my hat is off to you.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #519
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots49 View Post
Condolences to you and your family Chris, from Sue & myself, just wanted to thank you for the tour, Sue & I thought it was amazing, what you & your team can do in such a small space, my hat is off to you.
Thank you. Please feel free to come back anytime!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #520
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline38 View Post
This is less of a question and more of a suggestion, but, we are in the process of purchasing a 312bhx and were looking a place for a garbage can. We noticed a large empty space in the corner of the cabinets where, if it were me, I would have put a trash can with a hole in the counter top and flush covered like the sink. There would even be room for an outside door like on the 337FB if the speaker was moved. Why was this not considered on this design? Once I get the camper, I will be looking at some modifications but can't wait to take delivery! The Wildcat line are nice campers with a decent price point.
The trash door and space (like on the 337FB) will be a standard feature on the 312BHX-OK this fall!
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat