Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #701
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzznesman View Post
Chris, I have a Wildcat 312bhx fifthwheel and would like some help on filling the fresh water tank. I paid the dealership to de-winterize the unit but they just sent me on my way. Do I need to fill the tank and then empty it again? Do I need to put something in it for taste and smell? Same with the gray and black tanks. I have never used it and am wanting to but am unsure as to weather I need to put anything in the tank prior to use for ease of dumping the black water tank. Also where should I install the water filter? When and how should I open the hot water heater to fill it up? Just some questions I need help on. Thanks in advance!!!!
See these links for more help...

Fresh tank info:
How to Fill an RV Fresh Water Tank | eHow

Water heater "how to" videos:
how to rv water heater video - Bing Videos
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #702
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Chris do you know if they make closable vents to replace the OEM ones for the ducted AC units for a 2014 312BHX. That bunk house gets very cold with the door closed compared to the rest of the camper. Please let me know so we don't freeze the little ones out in the back.
I know that these products exist, but unfortunately I don't have more information on them. A quick search online came up with this:
Venting Products / AC Vents / "Spaceport" #8840 Fully Adjustable RV AC Ceiling Vent - DW Inc.
But I don't know if that part fits the Wildcat system. I'll check in with my purchasing department and let them know we've had requests for this upgrade...
Old 05-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The 2015 models (and 2014 models produced after October of last year) have a different grill setup than this. All Wildcat outside kitchens now use an electric Weber Q grill (with optional RVQ gas grill available) that is capable of 600° F cooking temps! The rack it sits on still comes out and lowers (for better cooking height), but now has 2 adjustable legs for better stability. There is also still an LP quick connect in this area to add on to your outside kitchen if needed. Hope this helps!
We had the RVQ grill on a previous fiver and now have the Weber electric. I will take the Weber hands down to the RVQ any day. The only problem is now I need to find another small grill for those days we don't have electric hook ups.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #704
TGR

SANITIZING THE FRESH WATER SYSTEM. If you forget the link given by Chris, you can refer to the Forest River Travel Trailer/Fifth Wheel Owner's Manual's section on Sanitizing the Fresh Water System. This is on page 27 of my manual and gives a similar procedure as that shown in the video. However, the manual's directions call for making a mixture with 1/4 cup of bleach to a gallon of water to add to your tank for each 15 gallons of fresh-water storage and let it stand for at least 3 hours.

It is my experience that 12 hours is need when there is a problem and I wouldn't mix too strong a solution to pour into the holding tank. The FR recommendation of 1/4 cup to a gal. of water is strong enough.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #705

Quote:
Dear Forum Members,

My name is Chris and I'm a Wildcat factory representative. As a few other Forest River reps have offered, I'd like to assist with your questions about the Wildcat product line up (including the Sterling Edition and the eXtraLite series). Obviously, the best resource is your local Wildcat dealer -- and we're very proud of the dealers we have on the ground today. But if you're stuck, please let me know your questions. If I can assist, I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner or direct you towards someone who can. Wildcat's got some great people in production, service, and parts that I can count on to help me help you.

Hope we can keep this both friendly and productive!

Hi Chris: I have a 2007 Wildcat Model 27RLWB, I know that the side walls are Aluminum framed, but can you tell me if the rear wall also has Aluminum framing, or is it wood studs. I have a leak from the top right rear corner that has caused some delamination down the back rear corner.
Thanks...... Ron R.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #706

Chris does Wildcat make a 5th 1/2 towable. I don't want to change my tv. Thanks

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
Old 05-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #707

There are hundreds of RV alarm systems out there. Most times one's RV is broken into when it is parked in an RV area near one's home, but unfortunately out of sight.
Is there a battery operated system out there that would do two things. firstly make a loud sound when someone shakes or pounds on a door indicating attempted entry. secondly let the owner know in his home that someone is tampering with his unit.
Not much point in having the alarm going off when the door has already been pried off and damage done.

Any recommendation out there ???

Brandon 2
Old 05-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #708

Chris, On the 2015 wildcat 295rsx, is auto leveling an option?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #709
New RV'er

Chris,
I've blown all 4 brand new tires on my 2004 wildcat 27RL 5th wheel. In the process the shirt and the aluminum panels that they attach to. I have had no luck getting a reply phone call from Forest river. How do I get replacement parts? I've been working on getting parts for over a week and have not gotten anywhere.. I'm currently stuck in Rapid City, SD waiting.
Thanks
Old 05-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #710
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenl View Post
Chris,
I've blown all 4 brand new tires on my 2004 wildcat 27RL 5th wheel. In the process the shirt and the aluminum panels that they attach to. I have had no luck getting a reply phone call from Forest river. How do I get replacement parts? I've been working on getting parts for over a week and have not gotten anywhere.. I'm currently stuck in Rapid City, SD waiting.
Thanks
Have you tried the following contact:

Customer Service for Parts & Repair Kyle Hilliard
khilliard@forestriverinc.com

Wildcat Parts
(574) 206-7615
Kyle for Wildcat parts.... 574-206-7600
Old 05-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #711

Quote:
Please send me a private message with your complete contact information and Wildcat VIN#. I'll ask my service team to look into this for you!
I'm still waiting for a reply on this. I've sent two pm's.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #712
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty59 View Post
Thanks Chris! I'll ask the dealer about the flex tool for the front slide and see what they can do.

Another quick question in regards to an item that did come with the 5ver - it was in the bathroom cabinet and looks similar to this item: Royal Blue 1/4 PT Thread Round Nozzle 12" Long Flexible Water Oil Coolant Tube - Air Tool Hoses - Amazon.com.

The one we received is white with a metal coupler on one end that looks like it fits an air hose. The dealer said it was for use with the outside shower...but the coupler doesn't fit anything on the control panel. Any idea what it's used for?

Thanks again,
Chris,

I found the answer to my question about the flexible nozzle gizmo...turns out it's the spigot for the faucet on the outdoor 'kitchen'. I'm surprised that no one at the dealership knew this...but all is good.

The FR dealer was also able to get me the flex tool for the front slide by searching through units on the lot. Tech said he found one tool in about a total of 5 or 6 Wildcats he checked.

One another note...some feedback about our new 312QBX:

We finally were able to take our first trip with full use of the water systems on the coach. I'm not sure if the problems we encountered are due to a poor winterization job by the dealer or just poor workmanship...but the kitchen faucet and sink drain both have leaks, the outside 'kitchen' faucet sprang a leak on the backside of the faucet on the first use, and the black tank rinse line flooded the underbelly on first use. Also, the handrail for the inside stairs came off the wall on the 3rd day of use...I believe because it's not attached to any studs but just screwed into the panel board.

I believe I've managed to fix the drain leak and the outside faucet leak but will have the dealer recheck them next week when they have scheduled to fix the kitchen faucet problem. I'll also ask them about the best method to address the handrail issue, but I think that handrails should be attached to studs or not be installed. Attaching a handrail to panel board is just asking for an accident to happen. I'm glad I noitced it had pulled loose from the wall before my 82 year old father took a tumble down the stairs!

Despite the problems, we love the Wildcat...but are certainly looking forward to a more trouble free trip in the very near future.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #713

2013 Wildcat 312BHX gill

Quote:
The 2015 models (and 2014 models produced after October of last year) have a different grill setup than this. All Wildcat outside kitchens now use an electric Weber Q grill (with optional RVQ gas grill available) that is capable of 600° F cooking temps! The rack it sits on still comes out and lowers (for better cooking height), but now has 2 adjustable legs for better stability. There is also still an LP quick connect in this area to add on to your outside kitchen if needed. Hope this helps!

Chris, how can I get and will this rack and bar b q fit my 2013 Wildcat 312bhx. I thought my unit would come with the rack and the bar-b-q but only came with the propane 2 burner stove. And what would the cost be on the system shown here? Thank you!!

Bzzznesman
Old 05-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #714
EMAW

Chris,
Went to fill my fresh water tank on my new 2014 312 Bhx last night and it is leaking from the bottom side of camper. Any ideas are there fittings that may need tightened? Is this a common issue.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Chris,
Went to fill my fresh water tank on my new 2014 312 Bhx last night and it is leaking from the bottom side of camper. Any ideas are there fittings that may need tightened? Is this a common issue.
Had the exact problem. The drain is PEX tubing sticking out the bottom (near my water inlet and sewer/ grey water control cubby). Mine was missing a 50 cent cap. I replaced it. Just a small screw on PVC cap. SIde note I found the original one in the control cubby. I have looked at it for a year and realized, once I bought a new cap, that the original was there the whole time lol. Dealer takes it off to allow air flow through tank. Put it on you will be good. Here is a picture just now. It is actually right in near the sewer hook up on mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	53007  

Husky 16K slider hitch.

New Trailer 2013 Wildcat 344QB Touring Edition with angled master bed.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #716
EMAW

I have the cap on, it is leaking out of the plastic cover that seals the bottom of the camper, leaking all over the rear stabilizers. Thanks for the help though.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #717

Sorry to hear, probably just a loose connection. I have hear of the water inlet being so long it gets crimped and back flows.

Husky 16K slider hitch.

New Trailer 2013 Wildcat 344QB Touring Edition with angled master bed.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #718
EMAW

I will check it out. Just don't want to have to drag it into the dealer for warranty work.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #719

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
Thumbs up

I went to Lows & found a bathroom short rail, in bronze, removed the old one, found the studs & put two screws into each end, solid as a rock. Good luck. Al.

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #720

Led light on 293REX

Quote:
Dear Forum Members,

My name is Chris and I'm a Wildcat factory representative. As a few other Forest River reps have offered, I'd like to assist with your questions about the Wildcat product line up (including the Sterling Edition and the eXtraLite series). Obviously, the best resource is your local Wildcat dealer -- and we're very proud of the dealers we have on the ground today. But if you're stuck, please let me know your questions. If I can assist, I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner or direct you towards someone who can. Wildcat's got some great people in production, service, and parts that I can count on to help me help you.

Hope we can keep this both friendly and productive!
Chris ,just picked up my new coach yesterday ,love it ! All the light are led that's great , my question can your LEDs be put on a dimmer ? I have been looking around and being told all LEDs cannot be put on a dimmer,reason I would like to tone it down a bit.one switch lights the living area,lights it up!!
Thanks George.
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat