Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #741
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_4806 View Post
Is it true the new Wildcat units will no longer offer the rock/brick fire place front?
All 2015 Wildcats feature a cherry hardwood fire place surround. The faux rock/brick is no longer offered.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #742
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty59 View Post
Hi Chris,

Just a note about an issue we've had with our 2014 Wildcat 312QBX:

The manual crank handle provided with our 5ver from the factory only fit on 2 manual crank shafts (the spare tire & electric rear stabilizers) but would not fit on the other 2 (landing gear & living room slide). The shafts were too large to fit inside the crank handle opening. The dealer ordered us another handle thinking that would solve the problem, but we had the same issue with the new handle. After several trips to the dealer, they finally had to drill out the end of the crank handle and cut off part of the landing gear shaft to get the handle to fit onto all the necessary shafts.

While trying to figure out the issue, we also experienced a similar issue on a 2015 model they had on the lot but only with the handle not fitting onto the living room slide shaft as it appears the landing gear is changed/different in the 2015 model.

I commend our dealer's service manager for taking the time and effort to solve this problem for us...but I believe this is something the factory should maybe look into before any other customers run into the same problem.

Thanks for listening...
Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I will review this with my plant manager and engineering in the AM!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #743
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzznesman View Post
Chris,

Any help on this would be appreciated. Was trying to get this accomplished prior to summer coming to an end...LOL
Thanks
Please call Wildcat's parts department for more information:
Kyle @ 574-206-7615

If this doesn't work, please send me a private message with your complete contact information, VIN#, and dealer info and I'll have someone in service assist further!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #744

Chris, I have 2012 344qb I believe that cheap splitters (not a high enough mhz) are causing a problem with my satellite signals throughout the trailer. I found one splitter behind the stereo, but can you tell if there is another one and where is located so that I can change it out. Thanks
Old 06-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
All 2015 Wildcats feature a cherry hardwood fire place surround. The faux rock/brick is no longer offered.
Thanks Chris,

We were set on ordering a 2015 until this.. is it possible to pay extra to have this put in? The Faux rock/brick make the wildcat stand out to us.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by k52412 View Post
Chris, I have 2012 344qb I believe that cheap splitters (not a high enough mhz) are causing a problem with my satellite signals throughout the trailer. I found one splitter behind the stereo, but can you tell if there is another one and where is located so that I can change it out. Thanks

I have the same 5r I changed out my splitters too. It made a big difference the second one is located behind the door that is under the oven against the wall. Also the cable wires were routed wrong not going in the right direction on the splitters you might want to check them when you change out the splitters.
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #747

I just wanted to comment, and this appeared to be the appropriate forum to do so...
We're full-timing these days, in a 2012 Wildcat 311THX (the "mini" toy hauler unit - wasn't going on the road without my motorcycle!). Heading west again out of New York and decide to stop in at Elkhart, Indiana. Very pleased with our 5th Wheel to date, and obviously, we had to tour the Wildcat factory. I have to say - we came away -seriously- impressed. Not only with the construction/materials/methodology, but even more so with the staff ! Question? Clarification? These folks make SURE your question is answered even if one has to step away to answer it. Quality? Commitment? Morale? Wildcat showed them in abundance. Met and discussed a number of things with "Wildcat Chris"... this gentleman not only knows his business, he is one committed, forward thinking, customer focused individual. Meeting and talking with him was pure pleasure. Mark Lawson, who gave us the tour? Worked the line for several years, -knows- his stuff, wonderful guy!
Here's the "kicker"... our unit was the last one of that type built, and despite having owned trailers in the past, darned if I could determine if my slide out was hydraulic or electric. Seemed an easy question to answer - wasn't. Ok, I'm the cautious type - you hope for the best but prepare for the worst. If something fails, how do you deal with it? And despite a LOT of personal attention from the factory staff, it could have been either. Mark provides me with the Warranty Rep's contact info - who in turn not only contacts me immediately, but literally takes the time to DRIVE OUT TO OUR CAMPGROUND with the Service Manager to personally look over our rig and identify what we had -and- explain to us -exactly- what would be needed in the event of any kind of failure in the future.
You tell me......... how many companys would YOU expect to go that extra mile and provide that kind of assistance? Me? Few to NONE !
EVERYONE we encountered at Wildcat, right down to the folks doing the final cleaning of the units, was a pleasant, happy employee proud of the work they do. When the time comes, I'll be looking to buy another Wildcat.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #748
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman_4806 View Post
Thanks Chris,

We were set on ordering a 2015 until this.. is it possible to pay extra to have this put in? The Faux rock/brick make the wildcat stand out to us.
It's possible that we still have access to getting this part! Please have your dealer call their Wildcat sales representative and have them special request from the factory...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #749
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroad View Post
I just wanted to comment, and this appeared to be the appropriate forum to do so...
We're full-timing these days, in a 2012 Wildcat 311THX (the "mini" toy hauler unit - wasn't going on the road without my motorcycle!). Heading west again out of New York and decide to stop in at Elkhart, Indiana. Very pleased with our 5th Wheel to date, and obviously, we had to tour the Wildcat factory. I have to say - we came away -seriously- impressed. Not only with the construction/materials/methodology, but even more so with the staff ! Question? Clarification? These folks make SURE your question is answered even if one has to step away to answer it. Quality? Commitment? Morale? Wildcat showed them in abundance. Met and discussed a number of things with "Wildcat Chris"... this gentleman not only knows his business, he is one committed, forward thinking, customer focused individual. Meeting and talking with him was pure pleasure. Mark Lawson, who gave us the tour? Worked the line for several years, -knows- his stuff, wonderful guy!
Here's the "kicker"... our unit was the last one of that type built, and despite having owned trailers in the past, darned if I could determine if my slide out was hydraulic or electric. Seemed an easy question to answer - wasn't. Ok, I'm the cautious type - you hope for the best but prepare for the worst. If something fails, how do you deal with it? And despite a LOT of personal attention from the factory staff, it could have been either. Mark provides me with the Warranty Rep's contact info - who in turn not only contacts me immediately, but literally takes the time to DRIVE OUT TO OUR CAMPGROUND with the Service Manager to personally look over our rig and identify what we had -and- explain to us -exactly- what would be needed in the event of any kind of failure in the future.
You tell me......... how many companys would YOU expect to go that extra mile and provide that kind of assistance? Me? Few to NONE !
EVERYONE we encountered at Wildcat, right down to the folks doing the final cleaning of the units, was a pleasant, happy employee proud of the work they do. When the time comes, I'll be looking to buy another Wildcat.
Thank you for your kind words! I'll share this with my team here. It means a lot to all of us that we earned your business the first time -- I'm excited that we'll get another chance as well! Just need to get that Wildcat toyhauler design finished...
Old 06-20-2014, 03:13 AM   #750
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
........."Just need to get that Wildcat toyhauler design finished..".
I for one am waiting for this. My wife and I love our Wildcat but are looking hard towards a toyhauler for the golf car.
So, what is the projected date?
Old 06-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter969 View Post
I have the same 5r I changed out my splitters too. It made a big difference the second one is located behind the door that is under the oven against the wall. Also the cable wires were routed wrong not going in the right direction on the splitters you might want to check them when you change out the splitters.
X2 for mine also, same trailer... Sure would be nice if qty parts were installed the first time, and people would read the directions. I had a rear window that I could not open last week (never opened up) found it screwed closed with the screws that surround the frame

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 06-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #752

Undercarriage 303BHX

The undercarriage is not attached along the rear of the coach. It can not be secured with screws, like the rest of the undercarriage, because the water tank is right on top of the frame. It looks like it was secured with tape. Is there something you would recommend to keep it from hanging down? Drives me nuts.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittdrake View Post
The undercarriage is not attached along the rear of the coach. It can not be secured with screws, like the rest of the undercarriage, because the water tank is right on top of the frame. It looks like it was secured with tape. Is there something you would recommend to keep it from hanging down? Drives me nuts.
I now keep a bottle of alcohol in the basement along side of a roll of Gorilla Tape. Seems there is always a new spot under the Cat to reseal the undercarriage.

In resealing the tape or applying new tape the secret is in the preparation. Clean the surface well, apply the tape and press it in place firmly and do so in warm to hot weather or use a heat gun/hair dryer to set up the adhesive in the tape.

Then go camp.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
Old 06-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #754

party couch

Can the 312qbx be ordered with the "party couch" instead of the table/chairs and regular sofa?
Old 06-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #755

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Water filter or not ???

Have not found a filter of any kind in all the usual places. I did have the wall off in the basement to mount our PI surge protector but didn't look for a filter at that time.

Have purchased a double filter from RV filters a 2 unit system one a Charcoal & the other a filament type filter in a clear container and have it neatly mounted in the basement next to the other water controls/tank flusher valves. Also have the pressure regulator mounted in this location also.

Just wondering if I have missed the factory installed filter and now have a 3 filter system or this unit a 2015 282RKX is one that does not come with a filter installed.

Any help from Chris or anyone with knowledge on this subject.

Thanks, Cover Dog

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Old 06-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #756

Can't find ours either. We'll be interested in the answer, as well. 2015 295RSX.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #757
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
Have not found a filter of any kind in all the usual places. I did have the wall off in the basement to mount our PI surge protector but didn't look for a filter at that time.

Have purchased a double filter from RV filters a 2 unit system one a Charcoal & the other a filament type filter in a clear container and have it neatly mounted in the basement next to the other water controls/tank flusher valves. Also have the pressure regulator mounted in this location also.

Just wondering if I have missed the factory installed filter and now have a 3 filter system or this unit a 2015 282RKX is one that does not come with a filter installed.

Any help from Chris or anyone with knowledge on this subject.

Thanks, Cover Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
Can't find ours either. We'll be interested in the answer, as well. 2015 295RSX.
Have you found your water pump yet?
That's where it'll be.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #758

LP Quick Disconnect

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the new LP Quick Connect on the 2015 Wildcats is a high-pressure or low-pressure connection? I'd like to hook a Coleman RoadTrip grill up to it, but from what I've read, this only works with high-pressure connections.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #759

Where do we install the bedroom TV?

We just bought a new Wildcat 295RSX. We haven't been able to take it camping yet, but want to install a TV in the bedroom before our first trip.

The hookups are all there on the wall, but no sticker or anything to tell us where it's safe to drill for the TV. There should be some kind of "backer board" hiding there in the wall, right? How do we find it? Thanks for any help!!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #760
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed78 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the new LP Quick Connect on the 2015 Wildcats is a high-pressure or low-pressure connection? I'd like to hook a Coleman RoadTrip grill up to it, but from what I've read, this only works with high-pressure connections.

Thanks,
Matt
they are all low pressure, pretty much throughout the RV industry.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat