Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #821
PPST OGCDG

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ems-22130.html

http://lci1.com/images/support/manua...ble-manual.pdf
Old 08-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #822

My pump is also in the front compartment and it was only clicking. What I had to do was run a jump wire from the battery to the middle pole on the solenoid and hold it while the wife pushed the button inside to work the slides. After taking it to the tech I don't know what he did to get it working again. I did have power to the switch but not enough to work the slides.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #823

Thanks. Our pump is not in the front compartment. We think it is right near the slide base on where we hear the clicking but there is no way to get to it without taking the whole bottom off the trailer including all the foam sealing joints. So this trip we will go with no slide out. Like a blast from the past. We are on our way.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #824

21 FBRS Exterior Height

I love the floor plan of the 21 FBRS.

The specs I saw for the 21 FBRS shows the exterior height as 10'1".

Is this with the A/C?

Our garage door is 10 feet, and the interior of the garage is 12 feet.

What is the actual exterior height, and if we replaced the A/C with a low profile A/C, do you think it would fit thru our 10 foot door?

Any other suggestions with this 10 foot door limitation? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #825

TV Wall Mount ??

My Wildcat 30 RLBS location for the TV is too small ...width wise.

I hope to mount a TV on the wall (where the mirror is/was) just above the normal TV location.
My background as a finish carpenter tells me there are two 2x3 vertical studs that may do the job between the TV wall location and the cabinet wall , located in the toilet room.
With the convenient TV wall mounting brackets available I hope this will prove successful.

Has anyone else done this ?
Any input would be appreciated?
Thank you
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Old 08-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #826
jwm

Chris,
We just bought a 344qu-ok and can not locate the switch for the overhead lights in the main body. I realize that this maybe due to a burned out fuse or bulb, but still am unable to determine which switch controls them. Also, am missing the remote for the air bed. What is the best source for replacement. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm View Post
Chris,
We just bought a 344qu-ok and can not locate the switch for the overhead lights in the main body. I realize that this maybe due to a burned out fuse or bulb, but still am unable to determine which switch controls them. Also, am missing the remote for the air bed. What is the best source for replacement. Thanks!
our 344 has the switch just inside the door
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140807_123021.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	59892  

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #828
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm View Post
Chris,
I'm hoping the post above helped!

As for replacement parts, pleas try Wildcat's parts department:
Kyle Hilliard
Wildcat Parts Representative (Elkhart)
574-206-7615
khilliard (at) forestriverinc.com
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #829
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I love the floor plan of the 21 FBRS.

The specs I saw for the 21 FBRS shows the exterior height as 10'1".

Is this with the A/C?

Our garage door is 10 feet, and the interior of the garage is 12 feet.

What is the actual exterior height, and if we replaced the A/C with a low profile A/C, do you think it would fit thru our 10 foot door?

Any other suggestions with this 10 foot door limitation? Thanks!
Unfortunately, this is not a Wildcat and I can't advise on this! Please try the Flagstaff forum: Flagstaff - Forest River Forums
Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #830
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
We have a 2011 Forest River Wildcat Travel trailer model WCT27RLS. It has never given us any trouble. We last used it 2 weeks ago. Today we are packing up to go on a trip tomorrow am and the slide will not go out. It goes click click click when we press the out button. It is plugged in and the fuse looks good. Any suggestions? Is there a manual way to get the slide out (it talks about one in the manual but we can't find where to do it) if we can't get this problem fixed today? Help! Thanks.
The 27RLS travel trailer wouldn't have a hydraulic slide -- it uses an electric slide mechanism from Lippert Components. See more information here:
2 x 3 Electric Slide System - Through Frame - Slide-Outs - Customer Support

Here's a helpful video as well:
Old 08-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #831
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
The battery is charged, it is plugged in and the fuse is fine.
When you hit the slide out button it goes click click click click
Our manual is generic Forest River - we have no idea where to find the hydraulic pump if there is one. Can you tell me that?
We would be happy to operate it manually but we need to know where it is and how to access it. Thanks
Sue
This happened to me as well. When the slide is over loaded, over extended or over retracted it is possible for the gearbox to "lock up" and to protect the gears the clutch will slip.

The solution is to try again with some weight removed from the slide (if you think it might be that), or use the opposite side stub shaft and your landing gear/stab crank to start it moving. Once it moves again, (remove the crank!) and try the buttons again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9 Nov 2009 002.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	60908   Click image for larger version

Name:	045-119226-2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	60909   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5944.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	60911   Click image for larger version

Name:	9 Nov 2009 001.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	60912   Click image for larger version

Name:	9 Nov 2009 003.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	60913  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electric Slideout-Web.pdf (1.47 MB, 50 views)
Old 08-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #832

Chris what could the reason my outside sink is not draining? This is the second time it has done this. My camper is a 2015 312 bhx. It is our second trip and we've had it only a month. I made a post in another spot but did not get a remedy. I will be bringing it in this Friday when we leave Austin for a window replacement. Can you help me if I can do something or just wait till I get to the dealer at camping world in katy tx? Thanks Paul
Old 08-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #833
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydvero View Post
Chris what could the reason my outside sink is not draining? This is the second time it has done this. My camper is a 2015 312 bhx. It is our second trip and we've had it only a month. I made a post in another spot but did not get a remedy. I will be bringing it in this Friday when we leave Austin for a window replacement. Can you help me if I can do something or just wait till I get to the dealer at camping world in katy tx? Thanks Paul
Just curious, did you try it with the galley dump valve open? I'm wondering if the tank isn't vented correctly.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #834

Yes open and closed. The level monitor next to outside sink says full and galley and shower inside are reading empty. I was thinking of venting also but it was draining fine. I closed both grey to fill for flush on black and sink would not drain.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #835
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydvero View Post
Yes open and closed. The level monitor next to outside sink says full and galley and shower inside are reading empty. I was thinking of venting also but it was draining fine. I closed both grey to fill for flush on black and sink would not drain.

Are you sure you are pulling the tank valve for the outside kitchen?? See below:

"Looks like this was discussed in another post: Ask the Wildcat factory....

"I have the 2013 312BHX with the O.K.. There are 3 handles, 1 for each tank as you specified. The TOTAL capacity is 150 gallons for the gray water tanks. 2 of the handles are in the same compartment as the black water drain and water hookup. The 3rd drain handle for the outside kitchen is on the opposite side of the camper in front of the rear stabilizer legs motor. Just look underneath and in front of the motor and you will see the handle."
Old 08-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #836

Thanks.... Went out to trailer n found exactly that ... Now it's all good!!!!! Had heard there was one but when we did the walk thru guy told me there was no such thing.... been rackin my brain ....thanks again...Paul
Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #837
JAYCO Representative

I will address the need for better labeling of the outside kitchen tank again with my plant today!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #838
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Chris, figured I'd ask this while you're on here. An all too common problem with several brands is the slide floors. The darco fabric wears and tears, sometimes where the floor is secured up through the floor, the water can wick into those holes, some just barely coat the edge of the wood on the slide floor ends with paint when darco is not used, and in the complaint list goes. Several threads on this issue, across many FR products, and non-FR products.

Rockwood / Flagstaff seems to be one of the few that use the 90 degree plastic glide on the slide floor ends. They tuck under the slide end wall trim and go several inches under the slide. This solves the potential water wick problem and the wearing darco problem. Not sure the make of those, but we had the same thing installed under our slides due to same potential issue. Ours are made by Majestic Formed Plastics.

I'm not real familiar with the specifics of a wildcat slide floor, but do know that I have seen several pre-2014's with this issue. What is Wildcat doing now? Do they have the glides installed, or do they have a better coated slide floor? Doesn't seem too many manufacturers want to change to a better set up.

Although Wildcat doesn't fit our needs, we do keep up with all makes and models to see where everybody's headed. Between the different frame, axles and using a MorRyde pin box, it looks like y'all are headed in the right direction.
A great question and one that I've not yet had. You'll be happy to know that, after many months of testing and prototypes earlier this year, Wildcat has already implemented a number of changes to promote smoother and longer-lasting slide room operation. The ABS glides you mentioned ARE in use on Wildcat's slide room floors in current production. This plastic wraps the bottom corners and provides a finished surface for this potentially high-wear area. We do not use a Darco fabric wrap on the bottoms of our slide rooms; all above floor slide rooms use vacuum-bonded fiberglass (white, same construction as sidewalls!) and all flush-floor slides use a specially coated manufactured wood product (black), treated for external use.

Thank you for your comments on Wildcat's direction! We're listening hard to our dealers and customers for valuable feedback. The product is truly unique in the marketplace and we're banking on these advancements for the future!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #839
Plain Old Member

Thanks for the reply Chris. I hope the direction y'all are taking bleeds over to some of the other FR builders.

Sent by ME
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
This happened to me as well. When the slide is over loaded, over extended or over retracted it is possible for the gearbox to "lock up" and to protect the gears the clutch will slip.

The solution is to try again with some weight removed from the slide (if you think it might be that), or use the opposite side stub shaft and your landing gear/stab crank to start it moving. Once it moves again, (remove the crank!) and try the buttons again.
Herk, I just love your library. You have something on everything you should be a rep....

Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat