Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #451
FNG
 
fishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The FL Keys
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Fred,

Sorry to hear of your issues. Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN#, and your Wildcat dealer's name. I'll forward this to my service department for more assistance.
Chris,
I PM'ed you my contact info back on 30 April and have not rcvd any contact from your service dept.
Since my last post I have found the leak. Water is coming in from underneath the window frame. Apparently when the windows were installed, they were either not sealed properly or an inferior material was used. Aside from the couch being damaged and needing to be repaired, I am now noticing water damage to the inner wall and floor.
Please advise soonest.
__________________

__________________
2012 Wildcat 344QB w/ Outside Kitchen
2011 F350 6.7 Lariat Crew Cab LB SRW FX4
fishman is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #452
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
That's the norm with their CS. I have sent a few emails direct and PM'ed but no real reply to my concerns about a few things with the trailer's QC in the build. No Reply so I guess we are on our own as they don't seem to care. If I ever buy another trailer it will Not be a Wildcat. Chris
__________________

__________________
dona5779 is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #453
Senior Member
 
jevanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,441
fishman, have you contacted your dealer???? they are the ones that need to make good. forest river will do nothing untill a dealer has notified them and payment responsibility`s are assumed..
__________________
2012 Wildcat 344QB

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #454
Junior Member
 
will-n-jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bow, WA
Posts: 4
Wildcat 28RKX

We bought a 2014 28RKX out of town because they had what we wanted and the local dealer did not respond. We have taken it out a couple times, the remote has lost its calibration and I can't figure out how to fix. It is the touch screen part. None of the buttons line up with the touch screen,

I was wondering a few more things. The sticker says 416 pounds of water which comes out to about 50 gallons is this correct? What is the front gray and rear gray capacity? Also what is the tongue weight the brochure says 785 but that is with the slide optional. The total trailer uvw says 7323

vin 4X4TWCD28ET0XXXXX
__________________
will-n-jen is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
I have a 26FBS 2005 wildcat travel trailer. Last summer I had a problem with the slideout, and I didn't know how to manually operate it. Does anyone have a manual or the directions to operate the slide?
__________________
Toolterri is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #456
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-n-jen View Post
We bought a 2014 28RKX out of town because they had what we wanted and the local dealer did not respond. We have taken it out a couple times, the remote has lost its calibration and I can't figure out how to fix. It is the touch screen part. None of the buttons line up with the touch screen,

I was wondering a few more things. The sticker says 416 pounds of water which comes out to about 50 gallons is this correct? What is the front gray and rear gray capacity? Also what is the tongue weight the brochure says 785 but that is with the slide optional. The total trailer uvw says 7323

vin 4X4TWCD28ET0XXXXX
Is it a 282rkx?
http://www.forestriverinc.com/FifthW...pe=fifthwheels

I'm guessing by weight it is a 28 rkx.
http://www.forestriverinc.com/Travel...VType=trailers
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #457
Junior Member
 
will-n-jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bow, WA
Posts: 4
It is a 28RKX
Wildcat Maxx Travel Trailer by Forest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Is it a 282rkx?
Wildcat Fifth Wheel by Forest River

I'm guessing by weight it is a 28 rkx.
Wildcat Maxx Travel Trailer by Forest River
__________________
will-n-jen is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #458
FNG
 
fishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The FL Keys
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
fishman, have you contacted your dealer???? they are the ones that need to make good. forest river will do nothing untill a dealer has notified them and payment responsibility`s are assumed..
jevanb- my dealer is about 850 miles away so I contacted Chris to find out if I could go through a local repair shop for warranty work. He requested that I PM him all my info and that his factory rep would contact me. Still waiting... I've since repaired the leak to prevent any further damage.
Did you get my second message about facebook? Didn't mean for that to sound harsh. Just not a big fan of facebook.
__________________
2012 Wildcat 344QB w/ Outside Kitchen
2011 F350 6.7 Lariat Crew Cab LB SRW FX4
fishman is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #459
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman View Post
Chris,
I PM'ed you my contact info back on 30 April and have not rcvd any contact from your service dept.
Since my last post I have found the leak. Water is coming in from underneath the window frame. Apparently when the windows were installed, they were either not sealed properly or an inferior material was used. Aside from the couch being damaged and needing to be repaired, I am now noticing water damage to the inner wall and floor.
Please advise soonest.
I apologize for the delayed response. I've forwarded your information to the head of my service department for review.

For anyone here needing help with your Wildcat, I strongly encourage you to get your local Wildcat dealer involved with your issues first! Many of our dealers' service staff are great at troubleshooting and communicating any issues back to Forest River's service department. I know your results and problems may vary widely, but experienced dealer staff often speed up the fix!

If your local Wildcat dealer's service department has been unable to assist, please feel free to contact Wildcat's service department directly.

WILDCAT SERVICE CONTACT INFO:
Forest River Warranty & Service
55135 County Road 1
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-206-7600

Bryan Knight
Wildcat Warranty Representative (Elkhart)
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 FAX
bknight AT forestriverinc.com

Terry Milarczyk
Wildcat Warranty Manager (Elkhart)
574-206-7618
tmilarczyk AT forestriverinc.com

Kyle Hilliard
Wildcat Parts Representative (Elkhart)
574-206-7615
khilliard AT forestriverinc.com
Wildcat Chris is offline  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #460
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolterri View Post
I have a 26FBS 2005 wildcat travel trailer. Last summer I had a problem with the slideout, and I didn't know how to manually operate it. Does anyone have a manual or the directions to operate the slide?
Please look here:
http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...ideout-Web.pdf
__________________

Wildcat Chris is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.