Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #81

Hey Chris think you would be able to get The dimension from the plate to the ground (when the camper is level) and the dimension of the plate to the overhang of the camper. I have been trying to get my dealer to get them but it has been a week now and still nothing. I am trying to see if my truck will fit to tow my camper before i make the long drive to the states to get it and find out i have to do a bunch of modding. Hope you can help me out thanks Trevor
Old 02-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #82

Question Tankless waterheater

Chris, Our new Sterling is ordered, we opted for the tankless waterheater but read on fourum that its not for dry camp, or is it? I assumed it was propane but now I need to clear this up before it's built. Help!! thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #83
Jeffco, MO

Electrical Cord

According to the website there seems to be a difference in electrical cords between the Wildcat and Sterling.

Wildcat spec: Quick Disconnect Marine-style Shore Cord

Sterling spec: 50 AMP Service with Detachable Cord

If I order the 50 amp service option for a Wildcat, what kind of cord do I get?

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
Old 02-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #84

Do you have a response to this thread

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...one-19498.html

Is this typical of the work done by Wildcat employees on the production line?

I don't know you and don't mean to put you on the spot but thought you might shed some light on this for us.

Thanks,
Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #85
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalohunter View Post
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...one-19498.html

Is this typical of the work done by Wildcat employees on the production line?

I don't know you and don't mean to put you on the spot but thought you might shed some light on this for us.

Thanks,
Buffalohunter, what was in that pic, is pretty common in the RV industry, no matter the brand or price.
i could show you the same kind of pics from my Rockwood. i'll bet your trailer has similar areas and messes.
not saying it should be acceptable, just that it's not unusual. the factory workers are paid on piece-rate so the faster they are, the more money they make.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #86

I hear you Dan and I know what you mean. I worked against flat rate years ago and still made good times and money doing a neat and clean job. Looking at the pictures it made me wonder what was used to cut the holes, not a hole saw for sure. How much time could be lost removing the cut out piece of wood. The tiny wood chips might require a brush or a vacuum but still not enough time to lose pride in doing a job well. Just one man's opinion.

Take care, I will be looking my new Windjammer over when I pick it up on Wednesday (I hope). I won't make a big deal about it if it is similar to the photos but I will say something about it for sure. - good or bad

Respectfully,
Jim
Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #87

exterior, interior packages

Chris, what is included in the exterior package (mandatory) and the interior package #1 and #2 also mandatory in the wildcat 5th wheels?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #88

Buffalohunter, mine was just as messy behind the Concertone when I had to fix a plug that unplugged itself. That debris box prompted me to check other locations for messes, such as locations with boxes marked "Caution, Hot." Sure enough, I found sawdust and scraps around the furnace. The same stuff we used to call tinder in Scouts. Yep, looks to me that manufacturers and dealers have abdicated the role of inspector to you, the consumer.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #89

Hello,
I am in Fort Myers, FL and have fallen in Love with the new Vengeance 306V. Problem is I can't find a dealer locally (or closer) who even carries the Vengeance.
I have tried the Dealer Locater, but always coming up empty. (No dealer in this area) Would be nice to get the closes one (or 2-3) shown. Don't mind driving to get what I want.
Thanks
5onWheels
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #90
JAYCO Representative

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbomb View Post
Hey Chris think you would be able to get The dimension from the plate to the ground (when the camper is level) and the dimension of the plate to the overhang of the camper. I have been trying to get my dealer to get them but it has been a week now and still nothing. I am trying to see if my truck will fit to tow my camper before i make the long drive to the states to get it and find out i have to do a bunch of modding. Hope you can help me out thanks Trevor
I'm on the road at shows this weekend. Did some one from the dealership assist you?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #91
JAYCO Representative

Post More info on tankless water heaters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcj79 View Post
Chris, Our new Sterling is ordered, we opted for the tankless waterheater but read on fourum that its not for dry camp, or is it? I assumed it was propane but now I need to clear this up before it's built. Help!! thanks
The tankless water heater is 100% propane (no electrical heating, only 12V ignition). It does operate differently than the standard "tanked" water heater -- here's some links to more information:
Girard Water Heater - Girard Products, LLC | Tankless RV Water Heater | On Demand RV Water Heaters | Endless Hot Water RV | Instant Flow RV Water Heaters | LP Gas Tankless RV Water Heater | Induced Draft Tankless Water Heater
FAQ’s - Girard Products, LLC | Girard Tankless RV Water Heater | Tankless RV Water Heater FAQs | Frequently Asked RV Water Heater Questions | RV Water Heaters
RV Tankless Water Heaters Compared To Standard RV Water Heaters - The Fun Times Guide to RVing
RV Direct Replacement Tankless Water Heaters - a knol by Phillip King
Old 02-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #92
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Both cords are detachable -- only difference is 30 or 50 Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstr View Post
According to the website there seems to be a difference in electrical cords between the Wildcat and Sterling.

Wildcat spec: Quick Disconnect Marine-style Shore Cord

Sterling spec: 50 AMP Service with Detachable Cord

If I order the 50 amp service option for a Wildcat, what kind of cord do I get?
30 Amp service is standard in the Wildcat eXtraLite and Wildcat lines (with a forced option on 2 floor plans: 344QB and 353LS). 50 Amp service is always an option and is standard on the Wildcat Sterling Edition line. Both the 30 Amp and 50 Amp feature quick disconnect (detachable), marine-style shore cords.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrykiss3 View Post
i took the sticker off my corian counter top and now there is glue left on it from the sticker. I have tried gooBgone and sticky out and still can't get it off. I would like to take the green sticker off the outside too but have not yet. I peeled off the ones on the wheels and it left part of the sticker still on there.

I don't want to damage anything so I am trying to be careful.

Any suggestions on what I can use to get the glue off from all the stickers?

Cherry

go to the auto parts store and buy brake parts cleaner. it is in a spray can. spray a little on a rag and wipe. it will come right off.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I'm on the road at shows this weekend. Did some one from the dealership assist you?
Yes thanks Chris i finally got a hold of sales guy and he got measurements for me. Thanks and have fun!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #95
JAYCO Representative

Post Wildcat standard packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanemm View Post
Chris, what is included in the exterior package (mandatory) and the interior package #1 and #2 also mandatory in the wildcat 5th wheels?
Here's that information taken from the Forest River web site:
Wildcat Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels Standard Features

Wildcat Exterior Value Package 1 (Mandatory Option Package)
  • 13.5 BTU Ducted Roof A/C
  • Cable/Satellite TV Hook-up
  • Spare 16" Load Range ‘E’ 10-Ply Radial Tire, Cover, and Carrier
  • Front Electric Landing Gear
  • Black Frame Tinted Safety Glass
  • Rear Electric Stabilizer Jacks
  • Black Tank Flush
  • Shower Skylight
  • Scare Light
  • Rear Ladder
  • Adjustable Amplified TV Antenna
  • 2" Rear Receiver Hitch (300 lbs. Tongue / 3000 lbs. Towing Capacity)
  • Outside Shower
  • Custom 16" Aluminum Rims

Wildcat Interior Value Package 2 (Mandatory Option Package)
  • Raised 6 Panel Hardwood Glazed Cherry Refrigerator Door Front Insert
  • Full-Extension Storage Drawer under Booth Dinette
  • Pleated Night Shades
  • Raised Panel Hardwood Glazed Cherry Cabinetry
  • Residential Full-Extension Steel Ball-Bearing Drawer Glides
  • Microwave Oven
  • Range Cover
  • LP Leak Detector
  • Hidden Hinges
  • Halogen Lighting (Main Floor)

Wildcat Best In Class Camping Upgrade (Mandatory Option Package)
  • 12V Jensen™ 975 AM/FM/CD/DVD/USB AV System with Remote and iPod® Hook-up
  • 10 Gallon DSI Gas/Electric Quick Recovery Water Heater (16.2 Gallons per Hour)
  • Bus-style Slam-Latch™ Exterior Baggage Doors
  • Decorative Hitch Cover

Wildcat Convenience Package (Mandatory Option Package)
  • Air Mattress Hide-A-Bed Sofa
  • 8 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator
  • 16" Custom Aluminum Wheels with Load Range ‘E’ 10-Ply Radial Tires
Old 02-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #96

I love the oxymoron: Mandatory Option

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 02-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #97

Hey Chris on my 323QB i have the 1/2 bath opion in the masterbed at the back. I upgraded to the air bed sofa. I am just wondering is there enough room for the air sofa to be folded out into a bed there, with the cut off of the room cause of the 1/2 bath? I have not seen an air bed in any 323QB trailers with 1/2 bath, they all have the jack knife sofa. I just wanted to make sure it will work cause i bought the air bed already.Also it comes with Cable TV w/Satillite hook up. What does this mean?? Can i just bring on of my dish recivers and plug it in or do i need to buy a dish/anntena for up top roof??
Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #98
Travelin Man

Where can I call for Warranty info, we had a tire come off the 5th wheel and damage the trailer, it broke several lug nuts and one guy told me it looked like the lug nuts were tightened too much and twisted off. we only have about 1500 miles on our rig.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #99
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation PM me more information for assistance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglasdh62 View Post
Where can I call for Warranty info, we had a tire come off the 5th wheel and damage the trailer, it broke several lug nuts and one guy told me it looked like the lug nuts were tightened too much and twisted off. we only have about 1500 miles on our rig.
It looks like you're located in Oregon, so it depends on where you purchased the unit. Please send me your contact information, VIN#, and name of your RV dealer so I can forward to the appropriate division!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #100
JAYCO Representative

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I love the oxymoron: Mandatory Option
Very common in the RV industry (a term that came in from the auto industry) even if it is indeed an oxymoron. Mandatory packages that are not listed in the options on an invoice "disappear" and aren't seen by consumers (one could argue that these are "standards," but many of the items did not start off that way). It really is a benefit to the dealers and customers to see what has been included in each RV...
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat