Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #681
TGR

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think mine is wired the same as your unit is. With my 5th wheel trailer battery's disconnect switch open and disconnected from the truck and shore power, I still have 12V on the trailer's pin 4 auxiliary power connector, yet my camera is off. I would think that if mine were wired to pin 4 the camera would still be on because there is still power there when the battery disconnect switch of open.

Now I'm wondering why there is 12V on the charge circuit when disconnected from the tow vehicle. Perhaps Wildcat doesn't have its own battery isolator.

Perhaps Chris can get me a wiring diagram with wire locations and colors to troubleshoot the problem.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #682

We have a wireless camera and ran into the same problem. We did all the normal trouble shooting and worked for a couple weeks before we stumbled on to the correct fix....wait for it....the TV lights had to be on! So simple we over looked it. I hope that will work for you now.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #683
GLCM Warrior

Bedroom Slide in FR Wildcat 312QBX

Hi Chris,

I have a question about the front bedroom slide in our FR Wildcat 312QBX.

During the walk-thru I asked about how to manually retract the slides and the rep said that both the living room slide and bedroom slide manually retract using the center, curb-side manual crank point (below the refrigerator exterior compartment).

I was skeptical even then, but have since did a little research and believe that the bedroom slide (BAL Accuslide per the attached labels) manually retracts separately by attaching a flex-tool (that wasn't included with the 5ver) to the slide motor.

Can you shed any light on the correct method of manually retracting the front bedroom slide? I hope I never need to actually employ it, but I would like to know how and have the necessary tools on hand to do so should the need arise.

Thanks,
Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #684
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think mine is wired the same as your unit is. With my 5th wheel trailer battery's disconnect switch open and disconnected from the truck and shore power, I still have 12V on the trailer's pin 4 auxiliary power connector, yet my camera is off. I would think that if mine were wired to pin 4 the camera would still be on because there is still power there when the battery disconnect switch of open.

Now I'm wondering why there is 12V on the charge circuit when disconnected from the tow vehicle. Perhaps Wildcat doesn't have its own battery isolator.

Perhaps Chris can get me a wiring diagram with wire locations and colors to troubleshoot the problem.
I'm looking into this with production now! I know that there was a decision made to separate the camera power supply from the running lights since some customers and dealers said they wanted to be able to use the camera (and its microphone) for security while not towing. As for the exact wiring, I'll have find out more details...
Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #685
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty59 View Post
I was skeptical even then, but have since did a little research and believe that the bedroom slide (BAL Accuslide per the attached labels) manually retracts separately by attaching a flex-tool (that wasn't included with the 5ver) to the slide motor.

Can you shed any light on the correct method of manually retracting the front bedroom slide? I hope I never need to actually employ it, but I would like to know how and have the necessary tools on hand to do so should the need arise.

Thanks,
Your research is correct. The BAL Accu-Slide uses a flex shaft to manually retract the slide room. It is detailed in the PDF below:
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/download...Components.pdf

The flex shaft should have shipped with your Wildcat! They are usually located in the refrigerator when the leave the plant. Please check with your dealer if you didn't receive one! Or call in to Wildcat's parts department: 574-206-7615.

More info on the Accu-Slide system here (including links to downloads):
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
Old 04-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #686

I sent you a PM today. I apologize for the delay.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #687

We just bought a second hand 2010 wildcat 30lsbs and we went through everything when we bought it and now as we start loading our stuff into it we can't get the slides out.
The pump just clicks but when we push the retract side of the switch the pump sounds like it is working?
Old 04-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #688

There may be a pin that broke in the gear motor. A friend of ours just had the same problem and they had to take the slide out motor out and found the problem. There's was a different manufacturer.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #689

I did swap the hydraulic hoses around so i am able to extend and retract, its just a messy job switching hoses around.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #690

312BHX - Outdoor Kitchen

Hi Chris....newbie here. I've recently placed an order for a new 2015 312BHX and I had a question about the outdoor kitchen.

Specifically we wanted to know what outdoor cooking appliance comes from the factory.....on the brochures we see what looks like a gas grill.....but then we found this picture from a 2014 bhx that shows both a cooktop and a grill.

Thanks for the reply....looking forward to many years of happy ownership.

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat