Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #161
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
if your looking for any kind of manual for the specific operations of your camper there is none . just a generic version that applies to ALL campers
This is correct. There are not specific Wildcat Sterling Edition manuals currently available.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Dear Forum Members,

My name is Chris and I'm a Wildcat factory representative. As a few other Forest River reps have offered, I'd like to assist with your questions about the Wildcat product line up (including the Sterling Edition and the eXtraLite series). Obviously, the best resource is your local Wildcat dealer -- and we're very proud of the dealers we have on the ground today. But if you're stuck, please let me know your questions. If I can assist, I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner or direct you towards someone who can. Wildcat's got some great people in production, service, and parts that I can count on to help me help you.

Hope we can keep this both friendly and productive!
Hi Chris, I have a question. We had a winegard sk-3005 dish installed, and the dealer ran one sat cable to the living room. Is there a raceway that could be used to run a sat cable to the bedroom?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #163

Also have another question, will the frame on the wildcat 313RE support a motorcycle lift hanging off the back, say about 600lbs?
Fast Eddy FEC 100 BBQ smoker
KCBS professional BBQ Team name "QueTPies BBQ Team"
3 kids, one dog
Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #164

"will the frame on the wildcat 313RE support a motorcycle lift hanging off the back, say about 600lbs?"
=================
You are joking, right?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"will the frame on the wildcat 313RE support a motorcycle lift hanging off the back, say about 600lbs?"
=================
You are joking, right?

sort of, have a guy a work that thinks he could haul his harley on a lift on the rear of a fifth wheel. I have pulled a boat behind a fifth wheel with no problems but never have seen anyone do anything like a lift. So it was more of a theory type question. I really don't think it would work at all.
3 kids, one dog
Old 03-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #166
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreen1509 View Post
Hi Chris, I have a question. We had a winegard sk-3005 dish installed, and the dealer ran one sat cable to the living room. Is there a raceway that could be used to run a sat cable to the bedroom?
There is not a "raceway" that I'm aware of, but I'll ask about the internal wiring system and see if I can get you some advice!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #167
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Probably not a good idea...

Quote:
sort of, have a guy a work that thinks he could haul his harley on a lift on the rear of a fifth wheel. I have pulled a boat behind a fifth wheel with no problems but never have seen anyone do anything like a lift. So it was more of a theory type question. I really don't think it would work at all.
While I understand the discussion on "theory," I'd advise against in reality. Just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #168

Quote:
While I understand the discussion on "theory," I'd advise against in reality. Just because you can doesn't mean you should...
agree with you on that totally.
3 kids, one dog
Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #169

Repair Information

Quote:
Dear Forum Members,

My name is Chris and I'm a Wildcat factory representative. As a few other Forest River reps have offered, I'd like to assist with your questions about the Wildcat product line up (including the Sterling Edition and the eXtraLite series). Obviously, the best resource is your local Wildcat dealer -- and we're very proud of the dealers we have on the ground today. But if you're stuck, please let me know your questions. If I can assist, I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner or direct you towards someone who can. Wildcat's got some great people in production, service, and parts that I can count on to help me help you.

Hope we can keep this both friendly and productive!
Hi Chris,
In July of 2011 I brought my Wildcat side loader toy hauler to the warrenty repair center in Indiana. I was having problems with delamination that actually turned out to be water damage from what I was told was a bad batch of glue that was used. The repair went great and the unit looks like new. The warrenty center there in Elkhart is fantastic.

When my wife and I picked the unit up we were told by the manager there (don't have the name but I think I remember Rod) that he would mail the new warrenty information as well as the fabric header over the entrance door that was ripped while the repair was being done. I have sent email back to the repair center and can not seem to get a response... Can you offer me any help on this ??? While the work was being done they replaced a ceiling fan that was burnt out and a switch that controls it. The fan has again stopped working and I would like to get it replced under warrenty but don't have the updated information to take to a dealer. Thanks very much for any help you may be able to offer...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #170

Chris,
I have just purchased a new 2011 322RK Wildcat and there is a hand crank in the compartment and I cannot find where to use it and if this helps it has a Level-Up system and I also would like to know if there is a remote control available for the Level-Up system because the 5th wheel is hard to see fron the control panal.

Doug
Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #171
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The crank is for manually operating your stab jacks and slides in the
Event you loose power. Real nice your dealer didn't show you.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #172
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff n. View Post
Hi Chris,
In July of 2011 I brought my Wildcat side loader toy hauler to the warrenty repair center in Indiana. I was having problems with delamination that actually turned out to be water damage from what I was told was a bad batch of glue that was used. The repair went great and the unit looks like new. The warrenty center there in Elkhart is fantastic.

When my wife and I picked the unit up we were told by the manager there (don't have the name but I think I remember Rod) that he would mail the new warrenty information as well as the fabric header over the entrance door that was ripped while the repair was being done. I have sent email back to the repair center and can not seem to get a response... Can you offer me any help on this ??? While the work was being done they replaced a ceiling fan that was burnt out and a switch that controls it. The fan has again stopped working and I would like to get it replced under warrenty but don't have the updated information to take to a dealer. Thanks very much for any help you may be able to offer...
I'm glad your repairs went well and sorry to hear you have had trouble making contact again. Please send me a private message with your name and Wildcat VIN# and I'll forward this on to service!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #173

I see that Wildcat has gone back to having different floor plans and trailers for the west coast. Can a dealer in Oregon order a Wildcat version made in the Indiana plant and vice versa?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #174
JAYCO Representative

Arrow Wildcat east and west...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I see that Wildcat has gone back to having different floor plans and trailers for the west coast. Can a dealer in Oregon order a Wildcat version made in the Indiana plant and vice versa?
Actually, there's always been west coast specific Wildcat floor plans. This year, there's been enough changes (albeit mostly aesthetic) to warrant a separate section of the web site to better inform consumers. This is similar to many other brands within Forest River and the industry at large.

I think this is the image you were referencing:

At this time, all Wildcat dealers in the east order from Elkhart (through sales representatives like me) and the west order from Oregon (separate sales team). Some floor plans, decors, features, and options are exclusive to each facility, although the Oregon facility may adopt some of the new Elkhart design (new aerodynamic caps, arched ceilings with aluminum rafters, interior LEDs, etc.) in the future. For more specific ordering information, please contact your local Wildcat dealer directly!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #175

Chris, I sent what I thought was a private message with all the info on 03-09-12 but as yet have not received any replies or contacts on my problem. Maybe I did not send the PM correctly. My e-mail address is reelton@yahoo.com, if anyone would like to e-mail me directly about this leaky problem and also abut how to make the blackwater flush work. Thanks Ricky
Old 03-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #176
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelton View Post
Chris, I sent what I thought was a private message with all the info on 03-09-12 but as yet have not received any replies or contacts on my problem. Maybe I did not send the PM correctly. My e-mail address is reelton@yahoo.com, if anyone would like to e-mail me directly about this leaky problem and also abut how to make the blackwater flush work. Thanks Ricky
I'll check into it for you!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #177

My new 313re came in today, really nice. I have one switch in the control center with all the other switches, slide controls that I can figure out what is. There is a rocker switch that says auto and low on it. Not sure it does anything when I change it to low, anyone have any ideas?
3 kids, one dog
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #178
Jeffco, MO

Chris - We ordered a Wildcat 302RL with the Touring Package and the 50 amp with wiring for a 2/A/C. Before we put a second A/C in we would like to use a Fantastic Fan in the bedroom. I was told that the factory does not add that item. Instead of the dealer adding it, I plan to add it myself. I did it on my previous travel trailer.
Now the question. Will there be a place to connect to the 12V supply near the bedroom vent? Any suggestions or tips on installing the Fantastic Fan in the bedroom would be appreciated.

Our plan is to take a trip to Florida and if the fan is not acceptable, we will then replace it with a second A/C.

Thanks for all your help to all that are using this forum.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
Old 03-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #179
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Tankless water heater "AUTO" and "LOW" switch

Quote:
My new 313re came in today, really nice. I have one switch in the control center with all the other switches, slide controls that I can figure out what is. There is a rocker switch that says auto and low on it. Not sure it does anything when I change it to low, anyone have any ideas?
The "AUTO" and "LOW" rocker switch changes the tankless water heater modes. Here's the information directly from the Girard web site FAQ page:
Quote:
Q: What does the Mode Switch do?
A: The Girard Tankless Water Heater incorporates a unique two-stage gas valve that allows you to adjust the burner flame by switching the MODE switch from “Auto” to “Low”. The Mode switch helps save energy.

If the MODE switch is set to automatic, the model GSWH-1 will automatically sense and adjust the flame level (High or Low) depending on the temperature of the inlet Cold water (the water coming into the GSWH-1). The temperature at which the system switches from Low to High and High to Low is dependent on several variables such as Cold water inlet temperature, ambient temperature, temperature of the heat exchanger etc.

Manually switching the Mode switch from AUTO to LOW overrides the automatic function and forces the flame to stay in LOW even if the inlet water is less than 65°F (approximate). This can be desirable when the cold water inlet temperature is very cold and/or the inlet water pressure is below 1.0 gpm which could result in limiting. The system will remain in Low until manually switched to Auto.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #180

Thought or question
Does foerst river have licence plate frames with the wildcat logo?

Rochester MN
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Short Bed
2013 Wildcat 344QB - Level-up, Demco Glide-ride
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat