Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #931

This morning I took the time to email the new Wildcat Rep and invite her to come visit us here to share and receive information with in the Wildcat members/owner family.

With the crazy schedule that must be going on in the RV industry in getting new units to market, visiting pre season RV Shows I know her time will be very limited. So maybe in the future she will have a moment to stop in and introduce herself. When and if that happens, I'm sure we will all extend a Warm Wildcat Welcome.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #932
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
This morning I took the time to email the new Wildcat Rep and invite her to come visit us here to share and receive information with in the Wildcat members/owner family.

With the crazy schedule that must be going on in the RV industry in getting new units to market, visiting pre season RV Shows I know her time will be very limited. So maybe in the future she will have a moment to stop in and introduce herself. When and if that happens, I'm sure we will all extend a Warm Wildcat Welcome.
Am I correct in assuming this new Wildcat Rep is on the Sales side? The service contact is a him - Bryan Knight.

There is a Wildcat presence on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WildcatRVs?fref=nf. I have contacted that person and suggested he/she become a member here so he/she can see the issues we discuss. I have no idea if the person took my suggestion. I suggested that my dealership service manager become a member here. He resigned and moved to another company!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110; booked = 0
Old 01-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #933

Here is the latest contact information I have from the Forest River site for Wildcat.

Sales

Brian Knight is the Warranty Administrator, and I may add does an exceptional job.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
Old 01-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #934
Site Team

I think we need to give the new reps a fair shake. We recently lost the presence of both Wildcat Chris and Sabre Sam. That was a hard hit for both brand's owners as they were a great resource to both prospective and current owners. I know both new reps were made aware of the forum and encouraged to come join. I'm sure the new reps are trying to get their feet wet and learn their jobs as well as handle show season right now. The reps that were here were the factory sales reps and not the factory warranty reps but they were able to put owners in contact with the correct people to get help. That may be where some confusion lies. Please remember that the factory reps that do come over here do so on their own time and are not paid by forest river to spend their time here. While here they handle tons of questions and many angry owners who have problems with their units. We were blessed to have Sam and Chris and can only hope when show season winds down we see some new reps here.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #935

Thumbs down 2009 Wildcat 30LSBS By Forest River

No help for me......
My 2009 Wildcat 30LSBS By Forest River was just out of extended warranty and the slide outs leaked and started DE lamination.
I'm on my own with this one.....

Oh and I forgot to share this.......
I was camping in Farmerville, LA. when I noticed a tire coming apart.
During taking the tire off I noticed that the bearing was bad.
Spent the week in West Monroe, LA. looking for the Lippert 'NEVER LUBE' bearing.
Finally found the 'SEALED NEVER LUBE' bearing.
Bought it to a mechanic $30 to have it pressed in, only to find out the hub was bad!
Had a call to AXLETECH to get a hub over nighted to me.
After seeing the invoice for $457 I called and canceled the order.
Payed another mechanic $30 to press the bearing back in and eased home without incident.
Went to the place that I bought the camper from, and had to get info off the axle to bring to them, only to find out they recommended changing out both hubs and Lippert 'NEVER LUBE' bearing to the tune of $800 plus labor FOR ONE AXLE!

Went to a local axle shop and was able to purchase (2) TWO EASY LUBE 6000, instead of the 5200 pound axles that it came with for $789 including tax.

Shame on them when I want to buy a new camper because it WILL NOT BE FROM FOREST RIVER!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #936
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slab Hunter View Post
No help for me......
My 2009 Wildcat 30LSBS By Forest River was just out of extended warranty and the slide outs leaked and started DE lamination.
I'm on my own with this one.....

Oh and I forgot to share this.......
I was camping in Farmerville, LA. when I noticed a tire coming apart.
During taking the tire off I noticed that the bearing was bad.
Spent the week in West Monroe, LA. looking for the Lippert 'NEVER LUBE' bearing.
Finally found the 'SEALED NEVER LUBE' bearing.
Bought it to a mechanic $30 to have it pressed in, only to find out the hub was bad!
Had a call to AXLETECH to get a hub over nighted to me.
After seeing the invoice for $457 I called and canceled the order.
Payed another mechanic $30 to press the bearing back in and eased home without incident.
Went to the place that I bought the camper from, and had to get info off the axle to bring to them, only to find out they recommended changing out both hubs and Lippert 'NEVER LUBE' bearing to the tune of $800 plus labor FOR ONE AXLE!

Went to a local axle shop and was able to purchase (2) TWO EASY LUBE 6000, instead of the 5200 pound axles that it came with for $789 including tax.

Shame on them when I want to buy a new camper because it WILL NOT BE FROM FOREST RIVER!
I wouldn't write off Forest River. Many (unfortunately most) manufacturers use Lippert so this could of happened to any of them. Lippert is the one to blame.
In the end it sounds like you got much better axles for a reasonable price for some worry free miles ahead. Are your new hubs greasable? Seems like they would be hence the name.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #937

Yes

Yes the hubs are Dexter Easy Lube which lube through the spindle directly to the bearings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I wouldn't write off Forest River. Many (unfortunately most) manufacturers use Lippert so this could of happened to any of them. Lippert is the one to blame.
In the end it sounds like you got much better axles for a reasonable price for some worry free miles ahead. Are your new hubs greasable? Seems like they would be hence the name.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Dear Forum Members,

My name is Chris and I'm a Wildcat factory representative. As a few other Forest River reps have offered, I'd like to assist with your questions about the Wildcat product line up (including the Sterling Edition and the eXtraLite series). Obviously, the best resource is your local Wildcat dealer -- and we're very proud of the dealers we have on the ground today. But if you're stuck, please let me know your questions. If I can assist, I'll do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner or direct you towards someone who can. Wildcat's got some great people in production, service, and parts that I can count on to help me help you.

Hope we can keep this both friendly and productive!
Dear Chris: We have a Forest River Wildcat 2005 fifth wheel. Ours is 29 feet with the two slide outs and the bedroom in the front. We have a problem with one of the pigtails for the propane. Thought we could just go to RV Dealers and get them, but they all have male ends and we need female ends. We cannot even find adapters to incorporate their male ends to replace it. Can you advise where we might be able to get these? We really needed it yesterday, as our frig is not working right because of lack of propane getting through and we have to be on shore line, which we don't like. We were using propane because our solar does not handle a lot of items. Please help us, this should have been an easy fix....however I believe we have the only camper that has this weird setup.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #939
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishgirl View Post
Dear Chris: We have a Forest River Wildcat 2005 fifth wheel. Ours is 29 feet with the two slide outs and the bedroom in the front. We have a problem with one of the pigtails for the propane. Thought we could just go to RV Dealers and get them, but they all have male ends and we need female ends. We cannot even find adapters to incorporate their male ends to replace it. Can you advise where we might be able to get these? We really needed it yesterday, as our frig is not working right because of lack of propane getting through and we have to be on shore line, which we don't like. We were using propane because our solar does not handle a lot of items. Please help us, this should have been an easy fix....however I believe we have the only camper that has this weird setup.

Wildcat Chris is no longer a Wildcat Rep. He went to work for another RV Company.
Anne Gangwer
Phone:
(574) 522-5801
Fax:
(574) 389-1536
Email:
AGangwer@forestriverinc.com
I believe took over as the Wildcat Rep.

We had one of our Propane Pig tails go bad. Our RV Dealer directed to me a company that made up Propane hoses.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #940
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I had some questions about installing a washer/dryer combo in my Wildcat 327ck and called Wildcat for info. I left a message with Brian Knight and Monday after the weekend he called me back to help me. I winged it over the weekend and got it installed with old info from Wildcat Chris. Brian confirmed the install with me. I was pleased with the response I received from Wildcat. Thank you Brian.

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat