Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #101
Travelin Man

rick, we have the tankless water heater and camp almost exclusively dry camp. it is great as it saves on water. what we do is use a water jug to catch the water while it is running water thru the system until the hot gets up to the shower head or sink faucet, same as what we did with our old system. then we dump that water back in the tank or use it for dog water or flush the toilet etc. the thing to remember on the system is to not turn it up very far to start, I suggest that you experiment with it at home before you leave on a trip so you get used to where to turn the hot water faucet to on all of the faucets.
the shower is the hottest showers I have ever had in a camper, they are great. we use the low setting on the switch for showers only, auto for the rest. it takes practice till you get used to it.
hope this helps!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbomb View Post
Hey Chris on my 323QB i have the 1/2 bath opion in the masterbed at the back. I upgraded to the air bed sofa. I am just wondering is there enough room for the air sofa to be folded out into a bed there, with the cut off of the room cause of the 1/2 bath? I have not seen an air bed in any 323QB trailers with 1/2 bath, they all have the jack knife sofa. I just wanted to make sure it will work cause i bought the air bed already.Also it comes with Cable TV w/Satillite hook up. What does this mean?? Can i just bring on of my dish recivers and plug it in or do i need to buy a dish/anntena for up top roof??
Chris you have any info on this?? Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #103
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Chris you have any info on this?? Thanks
I'll have to check with engineering -- I haven't been in a half-bath 323QB for a while now...
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I'll have to check with engineering -- I haven't been in a half-bath 323QB for a while now...
Ok thanks Chris. My dealer never said anything when i told them i wanted to switch the sofas out they just did it. But then again they never told me about the 2nd year warranty either. LOL
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #105
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Quote:
Ok thanks Chris. My dealer never said anything when i told them i wanted to switch the sofas out they just did it. But then again they never told me about the 2nd year warranty either. LOL
I was just told (via text, I'm on the road) that it will indeed open! I was fairly certain it could, but your question got me thinking too...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #106

Quote:
I was just told (via text, I'm on the road) that it will indeed open! I was fairly certain it could, but your question got me thinking too...
Ok \sweet Thanks again Chris for your awesome support and help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #107

Chris, I may have missed it, but I looked through the new brochure and didn’t find anything about a battery cutoff switch. Does Wildcat or Sterling have a battery cutoff switch and if not, are there any future plans for one?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #108
JAYCO Representative

Question Always looking at our options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Chris, I may have missed it, but I looked through the new brochure and didn’t find anything about a battery cutoff switch. Does Wildcat or Sterling have a battery cutoff switch and if not, are there any future plans for one?
We do not feature a battery cut off switch at this time. It's always a possibility that this will be added to our build in the future, especially if there's strong demand...

Are you using one now? Will it influence your next RV buying decision? What kind of switch are you looking for (some are more elaborate than others)?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #109
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
We do not feature a battery cut off switch at this time. It's always a possibility that this will be added to our build in the future, especially if there's strong demand...

Are you using one now? Will it influence your next RV buying decision? What kind of switch are you looking for (some are more elaborate than others)?
just about every new rv owner installs one ! how much demand do you need ?
just sayin
Old 02-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #110

Quote:

Actually the cutoff switch is one of the things that I definitely want in my next fifth wheel. Wildcat offers some great features and I’ve always been surprised that the convenience feature of a battery cutoff switch hasn’t been included. I’m really surprised that the more upscale Sterling edition doesn’t offer it.

After most camping trips I have to get under the front of the fifth wheel, unscrew the top of the battery box, and disconnect the negative battery cable. The only time I don’t bother with this procedure is when I know I will be taking the Wildcat out again within the next week and a half. When we prepare for our next trip I have to reconnect the battery and reattach the top of the battery box. It might not sound like much, but it would be so much nicer to just flip a switch in the central docking station to shut down power to the trailer, especially after a 300 or 400 mile trip back home. BTW, you would be surprised how fast those 24/7 parasitic draws drain power from the battery.

Many of Forest River’s RV line already offer this feature like the Sierra/Sandpiper, Sabre, Cedar Creek, to name a few.

The funny thing is, the cutoff switch would be a non-issue for RV’ers who full time, yet most RV’s built for full timers have this feature. Kinda ironic.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #111

What is the recommend style of fifth wheel hitch for the Wildcat 312BHX? I am not asking for name brands, but I would mainly like to know if I should get a slider for this model. I have an F250 crew cab with the standard size bed. I have heard that I do not need a slider because of the cap design, but I want to be sure. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #112
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Need slider for short bed only. Now I have a short bed with a slider and have yet to use it.
some day I may but i have not been in a situation where its function was needed
Old 02-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #113

Wildcat 293REX

Hey Chris I purchased a new 2012 Wildcat 293REX Extralites last month and was wondering how popular this model is? Reason I ask is that I haven't seen any mention of this model on the forums nor seen any others at dealers or campgrounds.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #114
JAYCO Representative

Wink Wildcat eXtraLite 293REX is a show stopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthecamper View Post
Hey Chris I purchased a new 2012 Wildcat 293REX Extralites last month and was wondering how popular this model is? Reason I ask is that I haven't seen any mention of this model on the forums nor seen any others at dealers or campgrounds.
This smaller triple-slide/non-bunkhouse outside kitchen model was just introduced to dealers last fall and first units hit the ground in late 2011 (with most getting to dealers just last month!). Don't worry -- based on early show sales of this model, you'll soon have plenty of company in the 293REX!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Blue View Post
What is the recommend style of fifth wheel hitch for the Wildcat 312BHX? I am not asking for name brands, but I would mainly like to know if I should get a slider for this model. I have an F250 crew cab with the standard size bed. I have heard that I do not need a slider because of the cap design, but I want to be sure. Thanks.
I live in Canada but i have a 09 F350 Crew cab with standard size box and i bought a 16K Reese hitch with sidewinder. Reese had them on sale because they are a newer product and a trying to get them out there to promote. I bought it all for the price of a basic standard fifth wheel hitch. Basically you pay for the hitch and get the sidewinder with it. It is the same price if you were just to buy the sidewinder and no hitch. I don't think i need to worry about cab clearance but i figured that for the price i might aswell get it be safe( don't have to worry now) If you utube Reese sidewinder there are videos of it in action.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #116

can you tell me where the toilet paper holder goes in th 32k sterling 2012, and the others soap hold and so on
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #117

What adaptors to buy for new tailer

We have order a new 344QB wildcat w/ 50 amp service and I have been trying to determine which adaptors I would need w/out having seen the actual unit yet.

I am assuming - the 50 amp cord comes w/ the trailer - but don't see it listed on the PO.

What I really need to know - the plug on the trailer - is it a male or female?

Since we do our RVing at state parks w/ mostly 30 amp services - what adapter would the factory recommend?

Also would like to the recomendation for the 15 amp adaptor also - may need to park it at the house for a short period of time - but would not need the major appliances.

Any sugestions would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #118

Yes, your Wildcat will come with the power cord.

The electrical outlet on power posts at campgrounds are female. To use your 50 amp cord on a 30 amp receptacle you will need a dogbone adapter, 30 amp male end and 50 amp female end. You plug the dogbone into the campground’s power post and then plug the RV cord into that. I’ve never seen a 15 amp to 50 amp adapter. I guess you could buy a 15 to 30 amp adapter and then plug the 30 to 50 amp dogbone into it. Here’s a picture of what the 30 male to 50 female dogbone adapter looks like.

Be sure you get 30 amp MALE and 50 FEMALE and not the reverse.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #119
Jeffco, MO

For Chris
I was trying to order a Wildcat today and was told that the factory is now building 2013 models with an over $1000 increase in price due to an upgraded carpet and the domed ceiling in the living room. Most disturbing is that the factory has deleted the hitch receiver on the the back bumper. We use that to carry our bicycle rack. Others have used it to carry additional items. I was the told that the factory deleted the hitch because of directions from their legal department. That hitch was a very good feature of a Wildcat Fifth Wheel. Now all of us new Wildcat owners have to spend additional dollars to carry our bicycles. When we met you at the factory, you wanted customer feedback, so here it is.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #120
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation Clearing up the confusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstr View Post
For Chris
I was trying to order a Wildcat today and was told that the factory is now building 2013 models with an over $1000 increase in price due to an upgraded carpet and the domed ceiling in the living room. Most disturbing is that the factory has deleted the hitch receiver on the the back bumper. We use that to carry our bicycle rack. Others have used it to carry additional items. I was the told that the factory deleted the hitch because of directions from their legal department. That hitch was a very good feature of a Wildcat Fifth Wheel. Now all of us new Wildcat owners have to spend additional dollars to carry our bicycles. When we met you at the factory, you wanted customer feedback, so here it is.
A few points on your post:
1. 2013 models have not yet begun production. This is typically the time of year when model change happens, but we haven't started yet.
2. Although a price increase is indeed coming (due to increased costs from suppliers and raw materials), the exact costs and timing are not set at this time. Ordering now would save you any additional costs!
3. Unfortunately, the built-in 2" receiver hitch has been removed from our standard build at this time. We're working on an alternate way to carry bikes and gear now!
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat