Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #301

Delamination on our 6 mo old Wildcat

Hi Chris
We have a 6 mo old Wildcat 293REX and the port side has started to delaminate (about the size of a baseball). We took it back to the dealer and they were supposed to get back to us.....so far nothing. What options do we have? thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #302
JAYCO Representative

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowden FL View Post
Hi Chris
We have a 6 mo old Wildcat 293REX and the port side has started to delaminate (about the size of a baseball). We took it back to the dealer and they were supposed to get back to us.....so far nothing. What options do we have? thanks
Getting your dealer involved is always best -- sorry to hear you haven't heard back yet. Please send me a private message with your complete contact info, Wildcat VIN#, and dealer info so I can pass your info along to my service department.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #303

Aluminum frame

Chris.......I recently bought a 2002 27' Wildcat. A metal decal near the door leads one to believe the entire frame is aluminum. Mine has wood in the front wall and possibly other places and I'm told it's best to stay all aluminum. What parts of the 2002 are framed in wood and what year did Wildcat go to an all aluminum frame?
Thanks in advance,
daypackjim
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #304

so I am a Newbee and looking to buy my first fifth wheel after being without an RV for past 15 years. I am looking at the Wildcat Sterling and Max units on line (no dealers are close to my rural N Cal location) and have a question about the differences in the Sterling vs Max lines offered by FR. I see that the Sterling is the premium unit (lots of options now part of Sterling pkg) but what about the Max? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #305
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by daypackjim View Post
Chris.......I recently bought a 2002 27' Wildcat. A metal decal near the door leads one to believe the entire frame is aluminum. Mine has wood in the front wall and possibly other places and I'm told it's best to stay all aluminum. What parts of the 2002 are framed in wood and what year did Wildcat go to an all aluminum frame?
Thanks in advance,
daypackjim
Your 2002 Wildcat should be aluminum framed sidewalls and slide room boxes with a wood truss roof and 5/8" plywood floor over a steel frame. There is wood in the aluminum framed walls for backers in select areas. For the sake of discussion, all RVs in our weight class and price point use a combination of wood and aluminum in their builds with a variety of lamination methods as well (for instance, Wildcat is vacuum-bonded vs. pinch-rolled or hung glass). There are many more factors the effect build quality than just the framing...

Also, Wildcat did not go to an all aluminum frame (2" thick sidewalls, 2" thick full slide room boxes, 5" barrel roof trusses, 3" thick floor, 2" thick rear wall) until just this summer!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #306
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold country jim View Post
so I am a Newbee and looking to buy my first fifth wheel after being without an RV for past 15 years. I am looking at the Wildcat Sterling and Max units on line (no dealers are close to my rural N Cal location) and have a question about the differences in the Sterling vs Max lines offered by FR. I see that the Sterling is the premium unit (lots of options now part of Sterling pkg) but what about the Max? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance
MAXX is the distinction used by Wildcat's Dallas, OR, production facility to differentiate from Wildcats built in Elkhart, IN. The Wildcat MAXX product has it's own distinct features and options.

Go here for more information on Wildcat product built in OR (recently updated):
Wildcat Maxx Fifth Wheels by Forest River

Go here for more information on Wildcat product built in IN (this site is being updated soon):
Wildcat Fifth Wheels by Forest River
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #307

Interior condensation in slide outs

Chris, or anyone else that can give me some info., I just purchased a new wildcat 31 BHS, love it so far, it has everything we wanted and more. We camped 2 nights near dealer to shake down, everything appears to work properly. We drove home to NC, and on Fri. my kids and I slept in the camper. Temps got down to 38ish degrees here in NC, we had the heat set on 69, The next morning my wife noticed a 2 wide line all along the slideout frame in both slides, including behind the small cabinets in living area slideout. This 2 inch line of condensation appears to be the exact width of the metal frame of the exterior slide out wall or cap. The moisture is only on the inside, and no where else in the camper, windows or doors. I assume it is because of outside temps compared to inside temps. Just was wondering why it only showed up in slides where the side walls meet the end wall/cap. I hope my description makes sense. please let me know if I need to explain more. Also where can I get a manual for the travel trailer. Thanks for all your posts , this site rocks!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #308

Hi Chris...

We purchased a 2011 Wildcat TT and have a couple of issues...

One is we hear a strange sound that seems to be coming from the undercarriage when you walk around inside...it seems to be coming from the bedroom area (front walkaround)...it doesn't make the noise all the time...for lack of a better description, it sounds like 'bong' (low pitch)

any ideas as to what could be causing this?

also we are unable to get our speakers to work when we us the the USB jack (ipod)...the speakers work for radio, television just fine....are we missing something here? I've read the manual and cannot see where this is addressed...

Thank You
Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #309

Electrical Panel

Chris,

I have 2004 Wildcat 5th wheel. I can not locate the electrical panel.

Scott
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #310
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott hallock View Post
Chris,

I have 2004 Wildcat 5th wheel. I can not locate the electrical panel.

Scott
it would help Chris if you posted the model number.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 11-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #311

Look for something that looks like this. The fuses/circuit breakers are inside. On my previous 2004 Wildcat 27RK that panel was located near the floor to the left of the fridge. The pics are of my 2008 Wildcat but the fuse panel looked the same as the 2004, it was just in a different location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BStL 053_1.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	21750   Click image for larger version

Name:	wildcat 006.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	21751  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 11-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #312

2011 wildcat rkbs living room slide leaking and top of slide warped

I bought the wildcat 28rkbs new in may this year.I took the camper back to dealer on 9/29/12 for wheel replacement and slide leaking. They discovered the top of the slide with a bow in it. So here it is thanksgiving and my new trailer still at dealer and dealer waiting for response from manufacture on how to fix my problem. I hope a factory rep reads this
Old 11-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #313

Thanks, Bob...I can't believe I didn't look under the cover. New RV for us
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Look for something that looks like this. The fuses/circuit breakers are inside. On my previous 2004 Wildcat 27RK that panel was located near the floor to the left of the fridge. The pics are of my 2008 Wildcat but the fuse panel looked the same as the 2004, it was just in a different location.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #314
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
Hi Chris...

We purchased a 2011 Wildcat TT and have a couple of issues...

One is we hear a strange sound that seems to be coming from the undercarriage when you walk around inside...it seems to be coming from the bedroom area (front walkaround)...it doesn't make the noise all the time...for lack of a better description, it sounds like 'bong' (low pitch)

any ideas as to what could be causing this?

also we are unable to get our speakers to work when we us the the USB jack (ipod)...the speakers work for radio, television just fine....are we missing something here? I've read the manual and cannot see where this is addressed...

Thank You
The noise could be ducting in the floor slightly flexing, but I'm unsure.

Which stereo system does you Wildcat have? The USB hookup may have an issue. But be sure to check your USB cable too.

Both of these items are difficult for me to help with online. Have you consulted with your dealer yet?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #315
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEANDYVONNE View Post
I bought the wildcat 28rkbs new in may this year.I took the camper back to dealer on 9/29/12 for wheel replacement and slide leaking. They discovered the top of the slide with a bow in it. So here it is thanksgiving and my new trailer still at dealer and dealer waiting for response from manufacture on how to fix my problem. I hope a factory rep reads this
Sorry to hear of your difficulties -- and I appreciate your patience. Please private message me your complete contact information, dealer contact, and VIN# so I can have some one follow up with you directly!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #316

Dear Chris: I have a 34 RLS. Can't seem to keep it in tires. Had three blowouts.
We are experienced RVer's, so I know about keeping my tires at proper pressure, weather checking, and other issues.
The original tires (Long gone) wore out in 5,000 miles.
I have used 700-15 14 ply trailer tires, however these blow out with astonishing regularity.
What do you recommend?
Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #317

Which pin box?

Dear Chris, can you tell me which pin box is on my 2011 Sterling 30 RL? I can not find the info on the pin box itself. I want to change it out for a mor-ryde or glide right. Also can you tell me how to contact Forest River customer service? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #318
Campfire Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashatter View Post
Dear Chris, can you tell me which pin box is on my 2011 Sterling 30 RL? I can not find the info on the pin box itself. I want to change it out for a mor-ryde or glide right. Also can you tell me how to contact Forest River customer service? Thanks.
Should be a Lippert 1621. That what was on my 2009 and 2013 Wildcat.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #319

2007 Wildcat 28RKBS

I am looking to purchase a 2007 Wildcat 28RKBS 5th wheel from an individual but need to find out some specs on it that the owner is not sure about. Can you tell me the following:

Dry weight (I guess this would be the trailer weight as it comes from the factory).

GVWR (owner thinks it is 11K but isnt sure)

Trailer length (owner is not sure if it is 28 or 30 ft).

tongue weight

I will be pulling it with a 2000 Ford F250 SuperDuty and want to make sure that my truck will pull the weight safely.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #320

Inside the overhead cabinets in the kitchen there is a white sticker with the trailer VIN number and GVWR, UVW, and the CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) listed. Below is a photo of the white sticker on the wall inside the cabinet.

I had an old style 2008 RKBS and I don’t think there were any significant changes from the 2007 so the pin weight should be just about the same at 1610 pounds. The length of the fifth wheel from rear mounted spare tire to the front kingpin is 30 feet 3 inches.

I pulled our 2008 RKBS Wildcat with a 2002 Dodge ¾ ton with a V10 gas engine and had no problem.

Look for any indications of water leaks around the bedroom slide out (common) on that model. Before buying, test all the systems and be sure that you have good propane flow from both of the propane tanks by running the furnace from the right side tank and then the left side tank.

Here’s the photo I mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wildcat 001.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	22219  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat