Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #341
Carroll&Anne

Hi Chris, we have a 2012 Wildcat Sterling Edition 29MK.We have had it about 6 months now and still learning about it.We we're told it has cold weather kit could you explain what this is? Also does it have wood or alumimun floor and roof trusses. Also saw your comment on double pane windows are these on our model and reflective barrier on windows.There's so much we don't know about this camper and can't find a brochure on it.BTW in the short time we have owned it we have pulled it over 5000 miles and camped in it about 40 days in over 15 different parks and love it.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #342

We also have a 2012 Sterling MK29 and took our first weekend trip last week....we love it!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #343
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by on vacation View Post
Hey Chris, arrived at our campground today and found one of the feet (round, flat disc) to the front auto leveling jack gone. My question is two fold. First, is that a part that normally vibrates loose and second, where can I find another?
That is NOT a part that normally comes loose. Let me see if I can get you some more info about the part...
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #344
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll Anderson View Post
Hi Chris, we have a 2012 Wildcat Sterling Edition 29MK.We have had it about 6 months now and still learning about it.We we're told it has cold weather kit could you explain what this is? Also does it have wood or alumimun floor and roof trusses. Also saw your comment on double pane windows are these on our model and reflective barrier on windows.There's so much we don't know about this camper and can't find a brochure on it.BTW in the short time we have owned it we have pulled it over 5000 miles and camped in it about 40 days in over 15 different parks and love it.
The Sterling Edition 29MK was built ready for colder weather with a fully enclosed underbelly, ducted heat to the tanks, an insulated upper bath deck, and better insulation than much of our competition. At that time, both the floor and the roof trusses would have been made of wood -- we are now all aluminum in our framing. Dual pane windows are an available option on the Wildcat (including the 29MK), but are not the standard.

I'm glad to hear your 29MK is holding up well! Post a pic of your Wildcat out in the "wild" to our Facebook page sometime!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #345
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by on vacation View Post
Hey Chris, arrived at our campground today and found one of the feet (round, flat disc) to the front auto leveling jack gone. My question is two fold. First, is that a part that normally vibrates loose and second, where can I find another?
Again, not something normal. Sorry to hear of your issues!

According to our Lippert representative, you are looking for the 9" round footpad - LCI part # 113309

Here is a link to it on the Lippert eCommerce store:
http://store.lci1.com/9-round-foot-pad-p674.aspx
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I just spoke with our wheel supplier and his exact words were "8 lug wheels on Wildcat would be overkill."
I would like the 8 lug like the 2013 model, but I do not like the master layout. I like overkill..

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #347

Send a message via Skype™ to Boots49
Hi Chris

Al & Susanne
Aka: Puss 'n Boots
Wildcat 31 TS - Silverado 2500 DuraMax Diesel
Tip of the Day: Stay safe, have fun and never leave the cat out in the rain!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #348

Hi Chris, I guess I pressed the wrong key. I have a Forest River, Wildcat, 5th wheel, last 7 # of the Sim. V022813.I am looking for the schematics of the hot & cold lines, the drains from: all faucets, hot water tank, fresh water tank, & drain places. I must have missed a place because I had stagnate water in the lines, after I cleaned them out, & I want to put some screws in & I do not want to hit a line. I was also wondering if I could get the serial #, model #, & factory # for the Lippard motor on my rv. Thanking you for your help.

Al & Susanne
Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #349
JAYCO Representative

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots49 View Post
Hi Chris, I guess I pressed the wrong key. I have a Forest River, Wildcat, 5th wheel, last 7 # of the Sim. V022813.I am looking for the schematics of the hot & cold lines, the drains from: all faucets, hot water tank, fresh water tank, & drain places. I must have missed a place because I had stagnate water in the lines, after I cleaned them out, & I want to put some screws in & I do not want to hit a line. I was also wondering if I could get the serial #, model #, & factory # for the Lippard motor on my rv. Thanking you for your help.
Please send me a private message with your complete contact information, VIN, and Wildcat dealer info and I'll pass this on to my engineering department for further assistance!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #350

Chris,
Thanks for the speedy reply. I am new to this forum and don't know how to send you a private message. Can you please be explicit? Thanks again

Al & Susanne
Old 02-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #351
JAYCO Representative

Arrow Sending wildcat chris a private message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots49 View Post
Chris,
Thanks for the speedy reply. I am new to this forum and don't know how to send you a private message. Can you please be explicit? Thanks again
To send WILDCAT CHRIS a private message, click on this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...=newpm&u=10416

You can also access that option (and others) by clicking on any members' username at left -- a drop down, contextual menu will appear.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #352

2006 Wildcat 27RLB

I am looking at a 2006 Wildcat at a dealership. I made myself a promise that my next 5th wheel would have the 4 season (arctic) package. The salesperson assures me that the one I am looking at does indeed have the 4 seasons package, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might go about making sure that it does. Is there anything I could look for on the 5th wheel itself that might tell me if it does (or does not)? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #353
JAYCO Representative

Thumbs up Cold Weather Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayzGpa View Post
I am looking at a 2006 Wildcat at a dealership. I made myself a promise that my next 5th wheel would have the 4 season (arctic) package. The salesperson assures me that the one I am looking at does indeed have the 4 seasons package, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might go about making sure that it does. Is there anything I could look for on the 5th wheel itself that might tell me if it does (or does not)? Thanks in advance.
I know that I already answered you on a different forum, but I thought I'd restate my response here so it can help others.

I often tell customers that Wildcat is "3 and half" or "3+" seasons instead of 4 seasons. This is true of most fifth wheels being built today, especially at Wildcat's price point and size.

I should note that we are actually doing MORE than most of our direct competitors in terms of cold weather preparation: thicker 2" walls (R-10), more roof and floor insulation (R-14), slide room end wall insulation (R-10), bath deck floor insulation (R-10), radiant barrier film insulation -- which is sometimes referenced as R-27 or R-38 "calculated R-values" (please note I'm not fond of these calculated values for insulation), direct 2" ducted heat to the underbelly vs. "radiant" tank heating of our competition, optional dual pane glass windows, a larger 35,000BTU furnace in 2014 models, etc. We've even started offering 12V heat pad tank warmers as a write-in option for retail customers and some northern dealers. But all of this may still not be enough prep for every environment. Our goal is to get our customers out camping earlier in the season and stay out camping later too.

My personal opinion on ALL SEASON or COLD WEATHER camping is somewhat jaded, since many of my customers and dealers have extremely harsh winter environments involving below zero temps, heavy precipitation, and/or high winds. Once you've added environmental factors such as these to the mix, being "cold-weather tested" may not be enough -- your results may vary. Is it possible to use your RV year round and in cold weather? Yes. Is Wildcat preparing each coach for cold weather use? Yes. But on any RV, I believe it may be necessary to take extra steps to ensure problem-free camping in colder months and climates.

Feel free to contact me directly via private message if you've got questions about Wildcat's current cold weather preparation!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #354

Thanks for the response. I have one last question. Do you think that putting rolled insulation in the underbelly would help or hurt?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #355

Ok been on two trips now with our new 344qb. Overall love it. Have a question though. Why does the rear black tank not shut off when the front one is? A black disk eith a small whole came out. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? There are two valves for wastewater and one fir sewage. Is this right?

Husky 16K slider hitch.

New Trailer 2013 Wildcat 344QB Touring Edition with angled master bed.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #356

Two for sewage the back tank pull is under the skirt right side between aft slides

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #357

Original Antenna Cable Routing

We bought an '05 Wildcat recently. The previous owner had a satellite system and chopped up the cables and installed some new ones. I have been unable to determine where the inside antenna connection was originally so I can restore it to service.
Is there a way to identify the antenna cable? What was the routing and termination point(s)?
Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamatx View Post
We bought an '05 Wildcat recently. The previous owner had a satellite system and chopped up the cables and installed some new ones. I have been unable to determine where the inside antenna connection was originally so I can restore it to service.
Is there a way to identify the antenna cable? What was the routing and termination point(s)?
Thanks for any advice.
Multimeter and a spool of wire, look for continuity . Super easy

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
Two for sewage the back tank pull is under the skirt right side between aft slides
Thank you so much! The dealer told me all the dumps were in the compartment. I just called them and they didn't know the other dump was seperate.

Husky 16K slider hitch.

New Trailer 2013 Wildcat 344QB Touring Edition with angled master bed.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
Multimeter and a spool of wire, look for continuity . Super easy
I realize that there has to be continuity to the antenna. Is there a connection at the antenna to connect to to test? Does it require climbing up on the top to get to?
Thanks again.
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat