Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #461
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-n-jen View Post
We bought a 2014 28RKX out of town because they had what we wanted and the local dealer did not respond. We have taken it out a couple times, the remote has lost its calibration and I can't figure out how to fix. It is the touch screen part. None of the buttons line up with the touch screen,

I was wondering a few more things. The sticker says 416 pounds of water which comes out to about 50 gallons is this correct? What is the front gray and rear gray capacity? Also what is the tongue weight the brochure says 785 but that is with the slide optional. The total trailer uvw says 7323

vin 4X4TWCD28ET0XXXXX
Please contact Wildcat Steve, the factory representative for the Wildcat Maxx line: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...=newpm&u=13975
Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #462
JAYCO Representative

FOR ANYONE NEW HERE!:
I created this thread for Wildcat specific questions; not general appliance, plumbing or electrical questions. For general questions, please use the appropriate tech forum.

I can help with:
1) Wildcat construction questions
2) Wildcat optional equipment questions
3) Wildcat minor parts procurement
4) Wildcat factory liaison regarding warranty issues

In all cases, I will try to do my best to help. I do not always have time to review other threads here. The "Ask the Factory" thread needs to be used if you'd like my response!

Also, I've recently had a few people sending repeated messages to my inbox causing it to be full and so I may not have received your information. I am trying to assist, but I may not always be able to help quickly. Your best bet is to always contact your local Wildcat or Forest River dealer for assistance first!

Thank you for being a Wildcat customer or considering the Wildcat brand! Happy Camping!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #463
Newbie.

Hi Chris. Here's a photo of how my Wildcat 344qb came from the factory. Caulking is slightly less than acceptable. Please pass photo on to build team. Other wildcat owners will appreciate it.
Also just a note, ask them to use 40lb gas struts for the outside kitchen door as the 60 lb struts torque it so bad that it will bend. The 40's still have more than enough to push it open.
Love the trailer. Take care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-942977675.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	35069  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #464
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte0999 View Post
...ask them to use 40lb gas struts for the outside kitchen door as the 60 lb struts torque it so bad that it will bend.
AMEN! As noted before, I entered my outside kitchen door in the punkin' chunkin' contest!
Are lower pressure struts available as an after-market direct replacement item?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #465
Newbie.

I believe so. Any automotive , marine parts store should have the proper length model to fit.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #466

issues with a 282RK

Chris
I am looking for some advise on how to proceed with contacting the correct people at Wildcat on 7/11/2013 I picked up my new 282RK from the dealer (my first RV ) when threw the delivery process found the electrical panel broken they said it would need to be ordered, when finished I hooked up the trailer to my truck and the landing gear would not go up 2 hrs later I'm on my way home after they replaced both front jack assembly's , no more than 5 miles down the road both propane doors blew open stopped on the highway to close noticed tape residue on both door frames it had clearly been a problem at some point before, the dealer gave me some different door latches and said its a common issue I installed them myself, also found the flooring has 3 cuts and will need to be replaced.
Got the trailer home and unhooked the trailer due to my schedule we were not able to plan our first trip for a couple weeks so the trailer sat unused for two weeks on 7/25/2013 we started to load a few things and I crawled under the back of the trailer to look at wiring in a trailer plug for a ATV trailer I found this trailer had been on fire at some point plastic, fiberglass and wiring melted, wood charred hard too tell how much damage there is back threw the under side of the trailer as the insulation and frame obstruct your view my guess is the insulation will need to be removed and the under side of the trailer inspected for more damage. dropped the trailer off at the dealer on 7/26/2012 basically all they told me was this happens some times and we'll have to get with the factory and let you know. as the dealer to replace the trailer with a different one and was told they would not, my feelings are that I bought a new trailer, not a fire damaged one. I understand a few things can be damage or broken and need fixing but fire is not materials or workmanship that usually is covered under warranty.
So here I am my first RV only a couple of weeks in and have had both front jacks replaced repaired 4 door latches, waiting on a electrical panel, and duct tape residue to be cleaned off, a decision on what's going to be done about the flooring and fire damage on a 35,000 dollar trailer I don't have and cant use. I have contacted my state department of consumer affairs to see if they can instruct me on what rights I may have. but found your info here and thought I would see if you can help me get to the correct people at Wildcat.
I have pictures of the damage that I can forward if you'd like .
My VIN.4X4FWCD2XETxxxxxx
Thanks for any help.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #467

^^^ not cool, I would drop off at dealer and tell them to stick it, get a lawyer and fight them.

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #468
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc01 View Post
Chris
I am looking for some advise on how to proceed with contacting the correct people at Wildcat on 7/11/2013 I picked up my new 282RK from the dealer (my first RV ) when threw the delivery process found the electrical panel broken they said it would need to be ordered, when finished I hooked up the trailer to my truck and the landing gear would not go up 2 hrs later I'm on my way home after they replaced both front jack assembly's , no more than 5 miles down the road both propane doors blew open stopped on the highway to close noticed tape residue on both door frames it had clearly been a problem at some point before, the dealer gave me some different door latches and said its a common issue I installed them myself, also found the flooring has 3 cuts and will need to be replaced.
Got the trailer home and unhooked the trailer due to my schedule we were not able to plan our first trip for a couple weeks so the trailer sat unused for two weeks on 7/25/2013 we started to load a few things and I crawled under the back of the trailer to look at wiring in a trailer plug for a ATV trailer I found this trailer had been on fire at some point plastic, fiberglass and wiring melted, wood charred hard too tell how much damage there is back threw the under side of the trailer as the insulation and frame obstruct your view my guess is the insulation will need to be removed and the under side of the trailer inspected for more damage. dropped the trailer off at the dealer on 7/26/2012 basically all they told me was this happens some times and we'll have to get with the factory and let you know. as the dealer to replace the trailer with a different one and was told they would not, my feelings are that I bought a new trailer, not a fire damaged one. I understand a few things can be damage or broken and need fixing but fire is not materials or workmanship that usually is covered under warranty.
So here I am my first RV only a couple of weeks in and have had both front jacks replaced repaired 4 door latches, waiting on a electrical panel, and duct tape residue to be cleaned off, a decision on what's going to be done about the flooring and fire damage on a 35,000 dollar trailer I don't have and cant use. I have contacted my state department of consumer affairs to see if they can instruct me on what rights I may have. but found your info here and thought I would see if you can help me get to the correct people at Wildcat.
My VIN.4X4FWCD2XETxxxxxx
Thanks for any help.

O.....M.....G!

That's all....just O...M...G!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 07-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #469

Quote:
Chris
My VIN.4X4FWCD2XETxxxxxx
Thanks for any help.
I think your dealer pulled a fast one on you.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #470
PPST OGCDG

Here's updated information for your Wildcat (Elkhart) service needs:

IMPORTANT SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION:

Forest River Warranty & Service (Elkhart):
55135 County Road 1
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-206-7600

Bryan Knight
Wildcat Warranty Representative (Elkhart)
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 FAX
bknight@forestriverinc.com

Terry Milarczyk
Wildcat Warranty Manager (Elkhart)
574-206-7618
tmilarczyk@forestriverinc.com

Kyle Hilliard
Wildcat Parts Representative (Elkhart)
(574) 206-7615
khilliard@forestriverinc.com
Old 07-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #471
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I think your dealer pulled a fast one on you.
NO KIDDIN'!

" dropped the trailer off at the dealer on 7/26/2012 basically all they told me was this happens some times and we'll have to get with the factory and let you know.

"this happens sometimes"??????

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #472
Camper Less Camping

Absolutely not right...at least the fire damage should have been caught by the Dealer & could have sent back to FR before they even thought of selling the unit to someone!

When you go back to the Dealer's office, open & close their glass entrance door so hard that the glass breaks...then say "...that happens sometimes.", let's see how they think about it now

Old 07-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #473

312BHX Non ODK Bunk Options

Hi -

We are looking at ordering a 312BHX without the outdoor kitchen. I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount the drivers-side bunks with the same spacing as in the Outdoor Kitchen model?

Basically leave out the floor-level bunk then mount the upper two in the same spot they would be if the outdoor kitchen was there?

Also - are there good photos of the trailer's bunkhouse without the outdoor kitchen? We wondering what the dinette looks like, what the door/window arrangements are, if there are any more power plugs, etc.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
Here's updated information for your Wildcat (Elkhart) service needs:

IMPORTANT SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION:

Forest River Warranty & Service (Elkhart):
55135 County Road 1
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-206-7600

Bryan Knight
Wildcat Warranty Representative (Elkhart)
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 FAX
bknight@forestriverinc.com

Terry Milarczyk
Wildcat Warranty Manager (Elkhart)
574-206-7618
tmilarczyk@forestriverinc.com

Kyle Hilliard
Wildcat Parts Representative (Elkhart)
(574) 206-7615
khilliard@forestriverinc.com

Great info for Wildcat owners Frank, thanks for posting it.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #475

Hi Chris, We just purchased a Wildcat 28RKX. We love the floor plan. It came with the Linc Wireless Touchscreen Remote. That thing is sweet! When I select the front stabilizers with it it operates the rear stabilizer and visa a versa. Do you have any idea where they stash the receiver unit in the trailer. I assume they got the stabilizer wires reversed on the receiver. Any help would be appreciated..
Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #476
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
found your info here and thought I would see if you can help me get to the correct people at Wildcat.
My VIN.4X4FWCD2XETxxxxxx
Thanks for any help.
Please see me a private message with your full contact information! This is not a Wildcat built in the Elkhart facility, but I'll move it along to the appropriate people!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #477
JAYCO Representative

Question Standard 312BHX (no O.K.) questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
Hi -

We are looking at ordering a 312BHX without the outdoor kitchen. I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount the drivers-side bunks with the same spacing as in the Outdoor Kitchen model?

Basically leave out the floor-level bunk then mount the upper two in the same spot they would be if the outdoor kitchen was there?

Also - are there good photos of the trailer's bunkhouse without the outdoor kitchen? We wondering what the dinette looks like, what the door/window arrangements are, if there are any more power plugs, etc.
Please send me a private message with your complete contact information and local Wildcat dealer's name and I'll try to get you more answers!

Currently, we're unable to build the coach as described due to plumbing and electrical using the area below the bunk in the standard version of the 312BHX (no full outside kitchen). This version of the coach still includes a foldout cooktop stove, camp sink, and space for the optional 110V mini-fridge but has a kid's dinette and a stow-and-go door in the area where the O.K. goes:

Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #478
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
Hi Chris, We just purchased a Wildcat 28RKX. We love the floor plan. It came with the Linc Wireless Touchscreen Remote. That thing is sweet! When I select the front stabilizers with it it operates the rear stabilizer and visa a versa. Do you have any idea where they stash the receiver unit in the trailer. I assume they got the stabilizer wires reversed on the receiver. Any help would be appreciated..
Sorry to hear of your troubles! The Linc wireless remote system (made by Lippert Components) is installed on Wildcat Maxx models (Wildcat units built at the Oregon production facility) and is not available on Wildcats built in Elkhart. Please private message me your complete contact information, VIN#, and current Wildcat dealer and I'll forward your information along to the West Coast representatives!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #479

Chris - I found these photos of a '14 non-outdoor-kitchen 312BHX. Can you confirm they are accurate? The rear wardrobe is different (and nicer).

New 2014 Forest River RV Wildcat 312BHX eXtraLite Fifth Wheels at Cooper's RV Center, Inc. Murrysville Pennsylvania Cooper's RV Center, Inc.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #480
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
Chris - I found these photos of a '14 non-outdoor-kitchen 312BHX. Can you confirm they are accurate? The rear wardrobe is different (and nicer).

New 2014 Forest River RV Wildcat 312BHX eXtraLite Fifth Wheels at Cooper's RV Center, Inc. Murrysville Pennsylvania Cooper's RV Center, Inc.
Yes, that is the standard version of the 312BHX! It features a stow-and-go door, a fold up kid's dinette with hinged bunk above, dual fixed bunks on the off door side and a large wardrobe in the rear.
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat