Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #681
TGR

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think mine is wired the same as your unit is. With my 5th wheel trailer battery's disconnect switch open and disconnected from the truck and shore power, I still have 12V on the trailer's pin 4 auxiliary power connector, yet my camera is off. I would think that if mine were wired to pin 4 the camera would still be on because there is still power there when the battery disconnect switch of open.

Now I'm wondering why there is 12V on the charge circuit when disconnected from the tow vehicle. Perhaps Wildcat doesn't have its own battery isolator.

Perhaps Chris can get me a wiring diagram with wire locations and colors to troubleshoot the problem.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #682

We have a wireless camera and ran into the same problem. We did all the normal trouble shooting and worked for a couple weeks before we stumbled on to the correct fix....wait for it....the TV lights had to be on! So simple we over looked it. I hope that will work for you now.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #683
GLCM Warrior

Bedroom Slide in FR Wildcat 312QBX

Hi Chris,

I have a question about the front bedroom slide in our FR Wildcat 312QBX.

During the walk-thru I asked about how to manually retract the slides and the rep said that both the living room slide and bedroom slide manually retract using the center, curb-side manual crank point (below the refrigerator exterior compartment).

I was skeptical even then, but have since did a little research and believe that the bedroom slide (BAL Accuslide per the attached labels) manually retracts separately by attaching a flex-tool (that wasn't included with the 5ver) to the slide motor.

Can you shed any light on the correct method of manually retracting the front bedroom slide? I hope I never need to actually employ it, but I would like to know how and have the necessary tools on hand to do so should the need arise.

Thanks,
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #684
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think mine is wired the same as your unit is. With my 5th wheel trailer battery's disconnect switch open and disconnected from the truck and shore power, I still have 12V on the trailer's pin 4 auxiliary power connector, yet my camera is off. I would think that if mine were wired to pin 4 the camera would still be on because there is still power there when the battery disconnect switch of open.

Now I'm wondering why there is 12V on the charge circuit when disconnected from the tow vehicle. Perhaps Wildcat doesn't have its own battery isolator.

Perhaps Chris can get me a wiring diagram with wire locations and colors to troubleshoot the problem.
I'm looking into this with production now! I know that there was a decision made to separate the camera power supply from the running lights since some customers and dealers said they wanted to be able to use the camera (and its microphone) for security while not towing. As for the exact wiring, I'll have find out more details...
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #685
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty59 View Post
I was skeptical even then, but have since did a little research and believe that the bedroom slide (BAL Accuslide per the attached labels) manually retracts separately by attaching a flex-tool (that wasn't included with the 5ver) to the slide motor.

Can you shed any light on the correct method of manually retracting the front bedroom slide? I hope I never need to actually employ it, but I would like to know how and have the necessary tools on hand to do so should the need arise.

Thanks,
Your research is correct. The BAL Accu-Slide uses a flex shaft to manually retract the slide room. It is detailed in the PDF below:
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/download...Components.pdf

The flex shaft should have shipped with your Wildcat! They are usually located in the refrigerator when the leave the plant. Please check with your dealer if you didn't receive one! Or call in to Wildcat's parts department: 574-206-7615.

More info on the Accu-Slide system here (including links to downloads):
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
Old 04-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #686

I sent you a PM today. I apologize for the delay.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #687

We just bought a second hand 2010 wildcat 30lsbs and we went through everything when we bought it and now as we start loading our stuff into it we can't get the slides out.
The pump just clicks but when we push the retract side of the switch the pump sounds like it is working?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #688

There may be a pin that broke in the gear motor. A friend of ours just had the same problem and they had to take the slide out motor out and found the problem. There's was a different manufacturer.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #689

I did swap the hydraulic hoses around so i am able to extend and retract, its just a messy job switching hoses around.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #690

312BHX - Outdoor Kitchen

Hi Chris....newbie here. I've recently placed an order for a new 2015 312BHX and I had a question about the outdoor kitchen.

Specifically we wanted to know what outdoor cooking appliance comes from the factory.....on the brochures we see what looks like a gas grill.....but then we found this picture from a 2014 bhx that shows both a cooktop and a grill.

Thanks for the reply....looking forward to many years of happy ownership.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #691
EMAW

Nole Fan, we bought at 2014 312BHX OK and it has the exact same setup as your picture shows. As far as I know the 2015's are the same. We have had it camping twice this year and love it and I especially enjoy the Outside Kitchen. We are very happy with the 312 BHX it was a great upgrade for us.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #692
EMAW

Chris do you know if they make closable vents to replace the OEM ones for the ducted AC units for a 2014 312BHX. That bunk house gets very cold with the door closed compared to the rest of the camper. Please let me know so we don't freeze the little ones out in the back.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #693
GLCM Warrior

Thanks Chris! I'll ask the dealer about the flex tool for the front slide and see what they can do.

Another quick question in regards to an item that did come with the 5ver - it was in the bathroom cabinet and looks similar to this item: http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Thread-N...AAWBVA8QBZ16CD.

The one we received is white with a metal coupler on one end that looks like it fits an air hose. The dealer said it was for use with the outside shower...but the coupler doesn't fit anything on the control panel. Any idea what it's used for?

Thanks again,
Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingwith2kids2dogs View Post
Attachment 50159Attachment 50161
We're camping this weekend in PA with a 3 mo old & DW is concerned about it dipping into the 30's at night. Is it safe to use one of these infrared space heaters to keep the chill off and to help save gas. We also have a small heater we used last yr, but the cord would get warm, so we were looking for other options. We've run out of gas 2x's when it was -30 out and want to avoid that with a baby.
This is what we have used in our fifth wheel for the last two years. We camp host in the spring and fall and we don't turn our furnace on until it gets below freezing and stays there for several hours.

Using this allows us to save on our propane usage.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Chris do you know if they make closable vents to replace the OEM ones for the ducted AC units for a 2014 312BHX. That bunk house gets very cold with the door closed compared to the rest of the camper. Please let me know so we don't freeze the little ones out in the back.
x2 but for the 2012 344

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 05-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #696

Chris, I have a Wildcat 312bhx fifthwheel and would like some help on filling the fresh water tank. I paid the dealership to de-winterize the unit but they just sent me on my way. Do I need to fill the tank and then empty it again? Do I need to put something in it for taste and smell? Same with the gray and black tanks. I have never used it and am wanting to but am unsure as to weather I need to put anything in the tank prior to use for ease of dumping the black water tank. Also where should I install the water filter? When and how should I open the hot water heater to fill it up? Just some questions I need help on. Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #697

Water bkeach mix in the fresh tank overnight then drain. Fill with fresh water then drain again. As for the c old bunkhouse. We have a 13 344 and the upper bunkhouse does het cold as heck in cooler weather. I have unscrewex the living room vents and put aluminum foil over the hole then screwed vent back down. Didnt help airflow to upper room much. I think the ducting is crimped. You can also use magnetic sheets cut to the size of the vent.

Husky 16K slider hitch.

New Trailer 2013 Wildcat 344QB Touring Edition with angled master bed.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #698

We had a hardtime figuring out how the cushions get setup for sleeping as the backrest cushions are wraparound style. It was suggested to post this here. 2013 Wildcat 323QB any help would be appreciated.

Doing things the way they were done on our last 2 units we initially came up with this.

Then this..

Obviously niether would not work and would be tough getting a bedsheet on so we ended up turning them over and went with this.

Are me and my wife missing something?
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #699
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLE-FAN View Post
Hi Chris....newbie here. I've recently placed an order for a new 2015 312BHX and I had a question about the outdoor kitchen.

Specifically we wanted to know what outdoor cooking appliance comes from the factory.....on the brochures we see what looks like a gas grill.....but then we found this picture from a 2014 bhx that shows both a cooktop and a grill.

Thanks for the reply....looking forward to many years of happy ownership.

The 2015 models (and 2014 models produced after October of last year) have a different grill setup than this. All Wildcat outside kitchens now use an electric Weber Q grill (with optional RVQ gas grill available) that is capable of 600° F cooking temps! The rack it sits on still comes out and lowers (for better cooking height), but now has 2 adjustable legs for better stability. There is also still an LP quick connect in this area to add on to your outside kitchen if needed. Hope this helps!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #700
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
We had a hardtime figuring out how the cushions get setup for sleeping as the backrest cushions are wraparound style. It was suggested to post this here. 2013 Wildcat 323QB any help would be appreciated.

Doing things the way they were done on our last 2 units we initially came up with this.
The "L" shaped cushions were used to get a more comfortable seating setup while dining. That setup with the "seat back" in the middle was the orginal concept for "bed" mode, although I know many people have used different setups like what you've posted. I have heard some people complain that the cushions were too big or overstuffed, making the fitting a bit more difficult. We've changed furniture suppliers since 2013 models and I feel the new company is doing a better job with fitting now. Hope this info helps!
Closed Thread

Tags
241rlx, 24rl, 252rlx, 25rl, 26bhs, 271rlx, 272rlx, 27rl, 27rls, 281rkx, 282rkx, 28rk, 28rkbs, 28rksb, 293rex, 295rsx, 297rlx, 29bhbp, 29bhs, 29fks, 29mk, 29rlbs, 302rl, 303bhx, 30bhs, 30loft, 30lsbs, 30rl, 311thx, 312bhx, 312bhx-ok, 312qbx, 313re, 313re-ok, 317rl, 31bh2b, 31bhs, 31qbh, 31thsb, 31ts, 327ck, 32qb, 32qbbs, 32qbt, 32rk, 32rl, 333mk, 337fb, 343fl, 344qb, 34flr, 34qb, 353ls, 35ls, alumacat, barrel roof, climatech, customer service, drop frame, extralite, factory, fifth wheel, forest river, laminated, led, led pad, nxg, parts, question, representative, service, sterling, sterling edition, tankless, touring edition, warranty, wildcat