Old 04-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1

Auto/low switch in kitchen by control panel

We have a new Forest River Wildcat Sterling 30RL. Next to the Monitor Panel there is a switch that you select Auto or Low. We have no idea what this does. Anyone got any info on this??

Old 04-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

for the life of me I could not think of a reason for a switch like that "auto/low"
post a pic maybe it will spark something
did your dealer not tell you this during pdi ?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Jack of All Trades

Do you have a tankless water heater? I have read they have an auto and low operating mode.
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #4

The auto/Low switch is probably for your Girard Tankless Water Heater. You should have a manual on the operation of the switch and how to use the tankless water heater. If you didn't get this manual go to this website and download the manual. For now keep the switch on Auto until you read the manual.

Here's the website for Girard. Girard Water Heater - Girard Products, LLC | Tankless RV Water Heater | On Demand RV Water Heaters | Endless Hot Water RV | Instant Flow RV Water Heaters | LP Gas Tankless RV Water Heater | Induced Draft Tankless Water Heater

This is one manual you want to invest the time to read it cover to cover. If you do you will probably have a more satisfying experience with the water heater.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Y. View Post
We have a new Forest River Wildcat Sterling 30RL. Next to the Monitor Panel there is a switch that you select Auto or Low. We have no idea what this does. Anyone got any info on this??
Thanks guys....yes it does have a tankless water heater. That has to be it. I'll give it a read to see what to do with it.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Its no wonder people are having issues with tankless hw heaters.
poor education from dealers!
Sad.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #7

We just got a Wildcat 313 RE-OK and we could not regulate the water temp. We read about the Auto/low switch and my husband kept looking in the water heater area...low and behold we found out it's inside in the control panel cupboard. Who would have thought to look there? Anyway still can't get the water at the right temp and I can stand some pretty hot water. I guess that means I've been in a lot of hot water...LOL. We'll keep trying and then ask for help from a tech. But from what I've read no one can regulate them. We thought the tankless was going to be so nice.......yeah right!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #8

Same here on the tankless water heater. The instructions say to turn the water on low, then to get it colder, you open the hot water side more. Never did get the right temp on the thing. Thought it was going to be better than old style, but it may take time to get used to the "new" heater. My new wildcat sterling was really new to the dealer and the techs couldn't answer many questions about the thing. So far, it has been pretty much trial and error. Something of note is that ours came with one air conditioner. We took the camper to the Texas coast and found that we need another unit installed. The bedroom was a bit too warm until we put a fan in the kitchen area to blow some of the cold air to the bedroom. We're taking it to Heber Springs Ark. in May and are having the second unit installed in the bedroom this week!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #9

I have a standard R.V. hot water tank. I can't regulate it. It comes out dangerously hot!! I had the thermostat in the tank changed under warranty, and its still to hot!! I gess its the nature of the tanks.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

have you been using the cold water with the the hot to regulate ?