Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 54
Bathroom Fixtures

One minor thing the dealer did not install was the bathroom fixtures (tp holder, towel rack, toothbrush holder, etc). What would you recommend to screw these in (size of screw, anchor, etc)?
__________________

__________________
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,510
All our bathroom stuff was installed but after a while I noticed the towel ring was getting loose so I fastened it with a molley fastener. They come in different lengths so I went with the shortest because the walls are pretty thin. Solid now.


Name:   molley.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  6.1 KB
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
vinmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
All our bathroom stuff was installed but after a while I noticed the towel ring was getting loose so I fastened it with a molley fastener. They come in different lengths so I went with the shortest because the walls are pretty thin. Solid now.

Attachment 60562
Yep. Those would work best. You need something better than just a screw.
__________________

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_trainer View Post
One minor thing the dealer did not install was the bathroom fixtures (tp holder, towel rack, toothbrush holder, etc). What would you recommend to screw these in (size of screw, anchor, etc)?

Nole, our dealer does not install any of these because "customers complained that children tore them out of the wall" after purchase and the customers complained.

We use a free standing paper towel and toilet tissue holders. We use an over-the-door towel holder.

A few here have come up with neat ways to mount the TP holders. Do a search on it.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Nole, our dealer does not install any of these because "customers complained that children tore them out of the wall" after purchase and the customers complained.

We use a free standing paper towel and toilet tissue holders. We use an over-the-door towel holder.

A few here have come up with neat ways to mount the TP holders. Do a search on it.

That's pretty much what we were told as well, they come loose, customers do not like the locations, etc. Will talk to boss about this.
__________________
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
I think it's OldCoot who mounted their TP holder on the face of the shower door using a backing plate and epoxy.

Others have glued a piece of wood inside the cabinet under the bathroom sink and mounted the TP holder to that. Some have found (or made) a TP holder that hooks over the top of a bathroom cabinet door. The free standing model is easy for us...when in transit I just sit it behind the toilet.

Our paper towel holder came mounted but it was worse than a dollar store model...paper towel roll would fall out every time you tried to pull off a towel. I found (at WalMart) a free standing model that's weighted on the bottom, and with the rubber sheeting on it, it never moves. I just leave it sitting on the counter next to the stove top.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 54
Wow, search is your friend. Found a lot of options. Now wife is asking about towels, who takes a shower while camping
__________________

__________________
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.