Old 07-09-2018, 09:22 PM   #1

Bedroom AC

We had dealer install a 2nd AC in bedroom as part of the sale. A dometic 13.5 K was installed, the thermostat seems to be built into it but does not shut off fan just cycles compressor when it reach temperature. Would like to see whole unit shut on and off instead of fan running all night long, is there anyway to install a
wall thermostat

fairpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairpilot View Post
We had dealer install a 2nd AC in bedroom as part of the sale. A dometic 13.5 K was installed, the thermostat seems to be built into it but does not shut off fan just cycles compressor when it reach temperature. Would like to see whole unit shut on and off instead of fan running all night long, is there anyway to install a
wall thermostat

That's pretty much how they all work, constant fan when on. Hell they even run the AC and heat fan when in heat if you have 110.

nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #3

I figured they were like self contained not sure why they would make it run continuously, ours does not have heat in it I believe just AC and fan, dial says says optional heat but does nothing. What are you saying about 110 volt?
Old 07-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
Coach

I'm not familiar with that set up, but if there is an energy saver mode, that should cycle the fan. I don't know if add on RV ac's have that or not.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:05 AM   #5

Look at your unit and see if there is a fan auto setting. That will cycle your unit.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:22 AM   #6

"is there anyway to install a wall thermostat?" The bottom line answer is yes. Factory installed RV A/C units with t'stat are not different in operational design than an RV A/C unit without t'stat. The difference is that units with a wall mounted t'stat have a different electrical control box then a non wall t'stat unit. This box is mounted up in the A/C unit behind the Air Distribution Box, or ADB, which is the large plastic thing with the filter in it and vents for the cooled air to come out as in yours is. Can your new dealer mounted 13.5K A/C unit be converted to operate with a wall mounted t'stat so that the fan shuts down along with the compressor when the inside ambient air temp has been satisfied--yes it can, but it will be quite costly. First you would need a new ADB, then the control box, a wall mounted t'stat and additional wiring ran between the t'stat and A/C unit. Hiding these t'stat wires in the wall and ceiling is not easy at all but do-able.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairpilot View Post
wall thermostat
When you cycle down on the thermostat you will see Auto, HI or LOW. Mine was on HI and I had the same problem as you but when I changed it to Auto it would shut off the whole system until it was time to start up again. Once you see HI use the arrow up or down to change it.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:05 AM   #8

Mine does not have a thermostat , just knobs

Tags
bed, roo