Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck-md View Post
Both. after the gauge was still reading 1/3 full I took the trailer out and about with the drain cap off and noticed more water running out when leaning lower in rear and to the left. Then removed enough of undercarriage covering to see tank. Can see lot of water still in tank.
Could you see the outlet to the pump and how far down on the tank it is placed?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #22
Chuck from Maryland

Yes..i could see the drain connection and the water line just below it. Maybe 1.5 inches of water
chuck-md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #23

This is worth repeating as it is a very common design flaw that needs to be addressed and not at all a gauge problem. To all the WildCat BHX312 2014 and similar owners out there. The fresh water tank will bulge down about SIX-EIGHT INCHES because it's made out of plastic and not properly braced, causing the tank to never be less then 1/3 full. The droop can be corrected by bracing the tank with metal bars, straps or plywood. It will never completely drain either due to the side mounted drain sitting almost 2 inches above the water level combined with the drooping plastic tank adding even more unusable water. I know, I have seen it personally!!! If you are draining your tank by removing the fresh water cap and driving around to get the water to swish around the tank, you definitely have this particular problem!!!
Pashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
How is that being determined? Just asking.
This is being determined by the fact that I crawled under my camper and pushed up on the tank allowing it to drain a lot more water. Without me doing that, the tank would not completely drain and that water is clearly not being picked up by the suction line!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline38 View Post
This is being determined by the fact that I crawled under my camper and pushed up on the tank allowing it to drain a lot more water. Without me doing that, the tank would not completely drain and that water is clearly not being picked up by the suction line!
How much is a lot? A gallon will make a big puddle on the ground.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #26

Enough that the gauge always reads 1/3 full, and no, it's not a gauge problem...there is actually that much water in the bulging tank verified by a certified technician, warranty pending!
Pashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashman View Post
Enough that the gauge always reads 1/3 full, and no, it's not a gauge problem...there is actually that much water in the bulging tank verified by a certified technician, warranty pending!
Was the outlet installed to high?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #28

Quote:
How much is a lot? A gallon will make a big puddle on the ground.
Does it really matter how much? Next time I will get a pale and measure the volume! I don't care how much, I should not have to do such a thing to empty my tank! However, I assure you it was more than a gallon!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashman View Post
Let me know what warranty does with it please. My hitch is out of my truck and I'm not putting it back in. It's also a forty minute drive to my dealer so I'm not taking it to them without telling them what the approved repair is!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
Mod free 5er

Would be easier to just drive on blocks to tilt the trailer towards the drain or open the drain when you leave the cg and let it drain on the way home. Works for me, but I like to keep at least 5 gal in the tank. Don't have to winterize tho'.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Would be easier to just drive on blocks to tilt the trailer towards the drain or open the drain when you leave the cg and let it drain on the way home. Works for me, but I like to keep at least 5 gal in the tank. Don't have to winterize tho'.
OR...............have the tank drain as it's supposed to when the trailer is level. I'm not going to simply make adjustments for a poor design or engineering flaw! These things are far too expensive to just accept it. That would be like buying a car, finding it doesn't make left turns and simply just making multiple right turns to get to where you are going, instead of expecting the manufacture to fix the problem!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #32
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline38 View Post
OR...............have the tank drain as it's supposed to when the trailer is level. I'm not going to simply make adjustments for a poor design or engineering flaw! These things are far too expensive to just accept it. That would be like buying a car, finding it doesn't make left turns and simply just making multiple right turns to get to where you are going, instead of expecting the manufacture to fix the problem!
I truly do wish you luck in your endeavor. I would imagine the only way it can be fixed is for the dealer to tilt the tank some way or other to get it to slope toward the drain.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #33

Quote:
I truly do wish you luck in your endeavor. I would imagine the only way it can be fixed is for the dealer to tilt the tank some way or other to get it to slope toward the drain.
As "pashman" stated earlier, the problem is that the tank is unsupported. It bulges downward, 6-8 inches, when filled. The belly of the tank needs to be supported with something that can be fitted under it. I think that would solve about 90% of the problem right there.
Foley5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #34

my 100gal tank drops about 6-8 inches also when full.. after we use it I remove the cap and drive 2-5 hrs home when I get in the driveway water still comes out

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
my 100gal tank drops about 6-8 inches also when full.. after we use it I remove the cap and drive 2-5 hrs home when I get in the driveway water still comes out
Sounds very familiar...
Old 11-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #36
Mod free 5er

The drain on mine is on the left side, so if I were to do something (which I'm not), I would support the center with plywood and raise the rh (curbside). Just not worth the hassle to me.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #37
JAYCO Representative

I've both discussed this issue with production/engineering as well as printed out this thread for them to read for reference. I'll let you know the results of their in-house testing...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #38
Chuck from Maryland

Wildcat Chris...thanks for update. Just fyi...I put a 2x4 aganst the sagging bottom of the fresh water tank and raised up with a jack and was then able to nearly drain tank empty at least to the point the gauge finally went from 1/3 to empty. Tank is very soft and flexible and definately needs some cross bracing to keep it from sagging or bulging when loaded. Let us know what FR decides to do to fix.
chuck-md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #39

I have a 2014 312BHX and just noticed the other day when I was draining the fresh water out of the tank there was another sewer valve back by the fresh water low point drain. I thought there was just the three valves up front to empty the tanks. Is this valve for the aft gray water tank? Also, does anyone have a schematic of plumbing, electrical, etc on the trailer?
VA_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Wildcat View Post
I have a 2014 312BHX and just noticed the other day when I was draining the fresh water out of the tank there was another sewer valve back by the fresh water low point drain. I thought there was just the three valves up front to empty the tanks. Is this valve for the aft gray water tank? Also, does anyone have a schematic of plumbing, electrical, etc on the trailer?
I assume you have an outside kitchen? That sewer valve is to drain your tank for the ok sink.

Tags
fresh water, water