Old 11-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck-md View Post
Both. after the gauge was still reading 1/3 full I took the trailer out and about with the drain cap off and noticed more water running out when leaning lower in rear and to the left. Then removed enough of undercarriage covering to see tank. Can see lot of water still in tank.
Could you see the outlet to the pump and how far down on the tank it is placed?

Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #22
Chuck from Maryland

Yes..i could see the drain connection and the water line just below it. Maybe 1.5 inches of water

Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #23

This is worth repeating as it is a very common design flaw that needs to be addressed and not at all a gauge problem. To all the WildCat BHX312 2014 and similar owners out there. The fresh water tank will bulge down about SIX-EIGHT INCHES because it's made out of plastic and not properly braced, causing the tank to never be less then 1/3 full. The droop can be corrected by bracing the tank with metal bars, straps or plywood. It will never completely drain either due to the side mounted drain sitting almost 2 inches above the water level combined with the drooping plastic tank adding even more unusable water. I know, I have seen it personally!!! If you are draining your tank by removing the fresh water cap and driving around to get the water to swish around the tank, you definitely have this particular problem!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
How is that being determined? Just asking.
This is being determined by the fact that I crawled under my camper and pushed up on the tank allowing it to drain a lot more water. Without me doing that, the tank would not completely drain and that water is clearly not being picked up by the suction line!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline38 View Post
This is being determined by the fact that I crawled under my camper and pushed up on the tank allowing it to drain a lot more water. Without me doing that, the tank would not completely drain and that water is clearly not being picked up by the suction line!
How much is a lot? A gallon will make a big puddle on the ground.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #26

Enough that the gauge always reads 1/3 full, and no, it's not a gauge problem...there is actually that much water in the bulging tank verified by a certified technician, warranty pending!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashman View Post
Enough that the gauge always reads 1/3 full, and no, it's not a gauge problem...there is actually that much water in the bulging tank verified by a certified technician, warranty pending!
Was the outlet installed to high?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
How much is a lot? A gallon will make a big puddle on the ground.
Does it really matter how much? Next time I will get a pale and measure the volume! I don't care how much, I should not have to do such a thing to empty my tank! However, I assure you it was more than a gallon!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashman View Post
Let me know what warranty does with it please. My hitch is out of my truck and I'm not putting it back in. It's also a forty minute drive to my dealer so I'm not taking it to them without telling them what the approved repair is!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
Mod free 5er

Would be easier to just drive on blocks to tilt the trailer towards the drain or open the drain when you leave the cg and let it drain on the way home. Works for me, but I like to keep at least 5 gal in the tank. Don't have to winterize tho'.

Tags
fresh water, water